PDA

View Full Version : Eagles bench Stacey Andrews

BrandonCarr39
09-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Mouse is broke on my PC(so if anyone can copy and paste this article for me, greatly appreciated).

A couple of days old, but wow...who would have thought this would turn out to be a BAD signing?

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20090919_Eagles_Notes___Eagles_move_Stacy_Andrews_ out_of_starter_s_role.html

MasterOfPuppets
09-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Eagles Notes: Eagles move Stacy Andrews out of starter's role

By Jeff McLane

Inquirer Staff Writer

It's been a tough week for the Andrews brothers.

First, Shawn Andrews was lost for the season when he was placed on injured reserve with a recurring back injury. And now Stacy Andrews has lost the starting right-guard position.

A little over a week ago, the brothers were lined up next to each other, with Shawn Andrews at right tackle. Now neither is with the first team.

Eagles coach Andy Reid, during his news conference yesterday, said that he would rotate three guards - Nick Cole, Max Jean-Gilles and Stacy Andrews - at two spots for tomorrow's home opener against New Orleans. Andrews, though, confirmed later that he would be coming off the bench as opposed to starting as he did in the opener.

Andrews said the rotation was already in place for last week's game against Carolina, but Jean-Gilles injured his knee. Reid said the demotion had nothing to do with Andrews' knee, and the guard confirmed as much, although he's less than a year removed from surgery to correct a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

"I really can't put a percentage on it, but it has been feeling real good," Andrews said of his right knee. "It hasn't been bothering me at all. I played a full game last week . . . and didn't have any setbacks."

Andrews said that missing most of the off-season and being slowly eased into practice during the preseason had more to do with his not starting. He said he was still getting used to the Eagles' pass-protection technique, which is different from the method he used in Cincinnati.

"I know I still have a ways to go," he said.

Not having either Andrews brother start the second game couldn't have been the way the Eagles imagined their offensive line after Shawn Andrews was moved to right tackle and his brother was signed to a six-year, $40 million contract in the off-season.

Reid said that Shawn Andrews, who had surgery to correct a herniated disk last October, does not need another surgery as of right now. The team plans to send the tackle to California to rehab his back with Robert Watkins because Andrews "would be near the doctor that did the surgery, and that's where he rehabbed before," Reid said. wow

RoethlisBURGHer
09-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Wow, the Eagles are major fail.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-21-2009, 03:47 PM
I thought Stacy Andrews had some depression issues. Too bad for him getting demoted, but at least its not a Steeler problem.