PDA

View Full Version : And Whats the Deal With Holmes ??

SteelerEmpire
09-21-2009, 04:22 PM
We' ve been picking on Jeff Reed long enough. Tone missed a TD served on a silver platter and a multitude of catches that would have put those guys away.... no sweat...
Da Bears receivers (and H. Ward) did not seem to have much of a problem. Ben is "trying" to give Tone the opportunity he's been asking for to be a top notch, high stat. receiver in this league by throwing to him so much..... I don't know what the deal was, but I saw no one else having that level of difficulty..... I guess he just unprepaired ?? :noidea:

Kvnfaber
09-21-2009, 04:40 PM
He'll be fine. The TD drop was a very difficult catch to make as the defender was faceguarding him and the ball practically went in between the defenders hands before reaching 'Tone. As for the two other "drops" I can recollect, one was a crappy throw by Ben, the other was a flat out drop.

I'm not about to rag on him after his heroics on the biggest stage in the world. Not to mention he DID make some big plays yesterday also.

The bottom line is, the conditions weren't great for his "Finesse" type of game, and I fully expect him to come out and play well next week. He's not perfect, so don't expect perfection.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-21-2009, 04:57 PM
The football was partially tipped by the defender Charles Tillman. Why fault a guy who cant catch a tipped ball, but seemed to make a big catch before for the fanchise?

This post needs the wooden dummy picture. Can somebody please accomodate??

markymarc
09-21-2009, 05:38 PM
Santonio will bounce back big against the Bungles.

JackHammer
09-22-2009, 12:45 AM
He'll be fine. The TD drop was a very difficult catch to make as the defender was faceguarding him and the ball practically went in between the defenders hands before reaching 'Tone. As for the two other "drops" I can recollect, one was a crappy throw by Ben, the other was a flat out drop.

I'm not about to rag on him after his heroics on the biggest stage in the world. Not to mention he DID make some big plays yesterday also.

The bottom line is, the conditions weren't great for his "Finesse" type of game, and I fully expect him to come out and play well next week. He's not perfect, so don't expect perfection.

Not to mention his play in the games leading up to the Super Bowl. He came up big for us time and time again. OP needs to give the guy a break FFS.

sharkweek
09-22-2009, 05:08 AM
Ben had just as many if not more bad throws that were either over or under thrown in Holmes' direction...so why aren't we bashing him too?

Fact of the matter is that despite some of the short comings of our offense, we put Reed in 80+% range and he missed. TWICE. His makeup chance was reminiscent of Vandershank; not even remotely close. Going in to the game, he had a ~3% chance of missing both of the two field goals from those given ranges. And it wasn't like he was as lucky as Bironas in the sense that he could write up a miss to a block.

Steeldude
09-22-2009, 05:18 AM
The TD drop was a very difficult catch to make as the defender was faceguarding him

holmes should have extended his hands outward towards the ball. 1st round/million dollar WRs are supposed to catch those.

it's not like holmes is known for his hands.

The football was partially tipped by the defender Charles Tillman

i watched it 3 times and it didn't appear to be touched by either player.

43Hitman
09-22-2009, 09:09 AM
Not to mention his play in the games leading up to the Super Bowl. He came up big for us time and time again. OP needs to give the guy a break FFS.

QFT! I am getting tired of all the negative nillies around here.

Kvnfaber
09-22-2009, 09:38 AM
holmes should have extended his hands outward towards the ball. 1st round/million dollar WRs are supposed to catch those.

it's not like holmes is known for his hands.

i watched it 3 times and it didn't appear to be touched by either player.

Like I said - He's not perfect, so don't expect perfection. He only made one of the greatest catches in Super Bowl history, but maybe we should question him after a bad day in the office. And for Holmes' "bad day" - 5 catches for 83 yards is better than 95% of the WR's last week, so lay off!

steel striker
09-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Come on guys that game is history and, yes many missed chances in that game. It is time to move on and, not dwell on the past. We are steelers fans and, we don't whine about losses like this.

Psyychoward86
09-22-2009, 09:08 PM
well it WAS raining, and the turf conditions suck, but then again that affected the Bears too

AllD
09-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Holmes had a bad game. The team was out of synch. BB is going to have a bad game and throw a bunch of picks sometime, but we aren't going to bench him.

I think the Holmes' display of self-congratulations is over. It is overdue to be over as a matter of fact.

Shoes
09-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Boy, I'm sure glad these posters aren't running the team....there wouldn't be any players left. The O-line , the D, Logan, the coaches would be gone!