PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna do it!

HometownGal
09-21-2009, 05:06 PM
For my 50th birthday at the end of the week, I am going to treat myself to a . . . .

Are you ready? . . . . .

Sure? . . . .

A TATTOO! :banana:

I know there are a lot of you tattoo fanatics out there, so please tell me what I should expect tomorrow afternoon. I'm getting the Pens logo with the #55 in the center on my left arm.

Please give me the skinny here - I'm a little nervous but kind of excited at the same time! Thanks in advance!

TheWarDen86
09-21-2009, 05:18 PM
For my 50th birthday at the end of the week, I am going to treat myself to a . . . .

Are you ready? . . . . .

Sure? . . . .

I know there are a lot of you tattoo fanatics out there, so please tell me what I should expect tomorrow afternoon. I'm getting the Pens logo with the #55 in the center on my left arm.

Please give me the skinny here - I'm a little nervous but kind of excited at the same time! Thanks in advance!

I have one on my right ribs and right back. Not sure what the arm feels like.

Pens huh? When I saw the thread title I knew it was a tattoo for some reason, but I was equally positive it would be something Steelers.

Good luck! Post pictures. :thumbsup: :drink:

Preacher
09-21-2009, 05:23 PM
When I got mine, I brought Dante's Inferno to read. :chuckle: Can't get a whole lot of reading done so don't worry about a book!

IMO, make sure it is high enough on the arm that when you want or need to be respectable-looking, you can put something on that covers it up. Yet, low enough that you can show it off normally.

Personally, that is why I put one on my calf. When a situation calls for pants, its hidden. When it is relaxed enough for shorts, there it is for the world to see!

HometownGal
09-21-2009, 05:27 PM
I have one on my right ribs and right back. Not sure what the arm feels like.

Pens huh? When I saw the thread title I knew it was a tattoo for some reason, but I was equally positive it would be something Steelers.

Good luck! Post pictures. :thumbsup: :drink:

I'm going to get the Pens tat done first and have the Steelers tat done on my ankle in the spring! :tt02:

Thanks for the advice, Father - I am going to have it done on my upper arm between the elbow and shoulder. My kids are kind of weirded out by it but as I've always told them - do what you wish with your own body. :thumbsup:

Preacher
09-21-2009, 05:34 PM
I'm going to get the Pens tat done first and have the Steelers tat done on my ankle in the spring! :tt02:

Thanks for the advice, Father - I am going to have it done on my upper arm between the elbow and shoulder. My kids are kind of weirded out by it but as I've always told them - do what you wish with your own body. :thumbsup:

:laughing:

I was counseling a lady the other day who is probably in her late 50's. She was asking me about getting a tattoo and the biblical passage about it. After talking with her and feeling out her reasons to get one, I finally said to her, "Stop being a wimp and just go get it done already"

She had a great laugh at that!

steelreserve
09-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Oh, come on. If you're going to get a tattoo, do it right and get a butterfly on your lower back. Maybe a flower or a sun. Everyone will instantly want to get to know you because you're so individual and uniQue.

After that, go buy a MacBook and you'll be, like, as cool as it's possible to be.

Preacher
09-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Oh, come on. If you're going to get a tattoo, do it right and get a butterfly on your lower back. Maybe a flower or a sun. Everyone will instantly want to get to know you because you're so individual and uniQue.

After that, go buy a MacBook and you'll be, like, as cool as it's possible to be.

Let's see if I am getting this right. You are counseling our great and wonderful mod known as "mom" to go and get a TRAMP STAMP? :rofl:

(yes, I know. It was sarcasm)

X-Terminator
09-21-2009, 05:42 PM
I still can't believe you actually want one! I remember you always being against women having tats. But I'm sure it'll look really good on you once it's done!

fansince'76
09-21-2009, 05:45 PM
I can't lend any advice as I have no tattoos and never desired to get one. Hope it isn't too painful! :hug:

Preacher
09-21-2009, 05:48 PM
I can't lend any advice as I have no tattoos and never desired to get one. Hope it isn't too painful! :hug:

Mine felt like a bee-sting for about 45 minutes.

HTG... Just remember NOT to wear anything with sleeves for about a week to two weeks after. When it scabs over, your sleeves may catch the scab and pull it from the healing skin... OUCH. It also (Least on my) discolors it just a bit. I have one little place on Taz where I can see the discoloration. No one else sees it, but I do.

MACH1
09-21-2009, 05:51 PM

Are you ready? . . . . .

Sure? . . . .

What, no tramp stamp? :wink02:

tony hipchest
09-21-2009, 05:55 PM
well hell.... if HTG can take the plunge, so can i!

im gonna get a life sized self portrait of myself!

while im doing that, i think i can finally master latin and read the divine comedy in its original prose. :chuckle:

good luck HTG. just remember what clubber lang said in rocky III.- "pain"

j/k, happy b-day, and REPRESENT!

tony hipchest
09-21-2009, 05:57 PM
I can't lend any advice as I have no tattoos and never desired to get one. Hope it isn't too painful! :hug:lol. me neither. i like being nekkid and dont want to wear anything i cant take off. (think t. bradshaw in "failure to launch"). :sofunny:

HometownGal
09-21-2009, 06:41 PM

:buttkick: :mallet: :chuckle:

No tramp stamp for me, as I don't have a trampy bone in my body (well . . .in certain "situations", maybe . . . :wink:)

Who knows - maybe I'll get a couple of body piercings while I'm at it, a pair of nippy rings and shave my head and then I'll really, really be cool! :banana: (JUST KIDDING!!!! :horror:)

TackleMeBen
09-21-2009, 06:55 PM
i have two tattoos. one on my right shoulder and one on the inside of my ankle. the one my shoulder is a yellow jacket(go GA TECH) and my ankle i have the japanese sign for love.

go for it HTG!!!!! i was never into the body piercing. my college roommate got her belly button done.

HometownGal
09-21-2009, 06:56 PM
i have two tattoos. one on my right shoulder and one on the inside of my ankle. the one my shoulder is a yellow jacket(go GA TECH) and my ankle i have the japanese sign for love.

go for it HTG!!!!! i was never into the body piercing. my college roommate got her belly button done.

I had a belly piercing many moons ago and let it close up - the more times I put that ring through that opening, the more it gagged me. :chuckle:

steelreserve
09-21-2009, 07:00 PM

No tramp stamp for me, as I don't have a trampy bone in my body (well . . .in certain "situations", maybe . . . :wink:)

Who knows - maybe I'll get a couple of body piercings while I'm at it, a pair of nippy rings and shave my head and then I'll really, really be cool! :banana: (JUST KIDDING!!!! :horror:)

OMG, u should totally get your bellybutton pierced on your 18th birthday, and also, like, if you get a tattoo, make sure it's in a place where you can cover up, so, like, you'll be able to tell people "Like, OMG, I got this tattoo and my parents don't know about it so it's cool, but one time my sister saw it while I was getting out of the shower, so like, I have to stay on her good side, because if my parents found out they would TOTALLY kill me."

Just do these things, and you will be a big hit at parties where teenagers drink beer out of red plastic cups. There are indeed exciting times ahead at the high school.

HometownGal
09-21-2009, 08:38 PM
OMG, u should totally get your bellybutton pierced on your 18th birthday, and also, like, if you get a tattoo, make sure it's in a place where you can cover up, so, like, you'll be able to tell people "Like, OMG, I got this tattoo and my parents don't know about it so it's cool, but one time my sister saw it while I was getting out of the shower, so like, I have to stay on her good side, because if my parents found out they would TOTALLY kill me."

Just do these things, and you will be a big hit at parties where teenagers drink beer out of red plastic cups. There are indeed exciting times ahead at the high school.

You're an ignorant SOB, just as your tags state. :upyours: If you don't have anything positive to say, stay the HELL out of my thread.

TheWarDen86
09-21-2009, 08:44 PM

My Dad was 50 and got the Notre Dame guy tattooed on his calf. I thought it was kind of cool actually.

Not sure how I'd feel about Mom getting one, but that has more to do with her being a priss than "Mom"....or how old she is. :chuckle:

I want another one myself. Definitely somthing Irish, but also something Steelers. Just low on the list for me right now.

stillers4me
09-21-2009, 08:45 PM
You're braver than me, HTG!

I had myself talked into a belly button pierce for my 50th and then my neice got real sick with that infection after she pierced her nose and went swimming in Lake Erie and almost died. (Yeah, stupid, but she's a teenager, What does she know?) I changed my mind.

Good luck and enjoy!

MattsMe
09-21-2009, 08:59 PM

I've often wondered if girls in Japan get tattoos of "love" in English. Probably not. Our letters just aren't as cool.

On a side note, good luck with the ink HTG. I don't have any, so I can't give advice. But I did give one once to a friend of mine, and he said it hurt like heck.

hindes204
09-21-2009, 09:01 PM
thats awesome!!!! Ihave quite a few myself, the arm doesnt really hurt at all. I have no pittsburgh tats yet, but im getting one as soon as this deployment is over

TheWarDen86
09-21-2009, 09:17 PM
I've often wondered if girls in Japan get tattoos of "love" in English. Probably not. Our letters just aren't as cool.

On a side note, good luck with the ink HTG. I don't have any, so I can't give advice. But I did give one once to a friend of mine, and he said it hurt like heck.

Tattoos in Japan are (or at least were) reserved for members of the Japanese Mafia. I never saw a girl (or anyone for that matter) with a tattoo over there.

tony hipchest
09-21-2009, 09:38 PM
.::scratchchin: thanks for the mindfogk. :tap:

:confused: looks like i wont be getting any sleep tonight.

steelreserve
09-21-2009, 11:01 PM
You're an ignorant SOB, just as your tags state. :upyours: If you don't have anything positive to say, stay the HELL out of my thread.

Sorry, if there was an "obvious joke" smiley, I would've used it, but I thought that was kind of clear anyway.

Galax Steeler
09-22-2009, 04:03 AM
It is not bad on you arm as someone stated earlier it feels like a bee sting for a long time after a while your arm kind of goes num but all and all they are not bad.

Texasteel
09-22-2009, 04:26 AM
Go for it girl!!!!! You've been thinking about this for a while now, and it will look real good on you. I may get one myself.

TackleMeBen
09-22-2009, 05:55 AM
I had a belly piercing many moons ago and let it close up - the more times I put that ring through that opening, the more it gagged me. :chuckle:
you are crazy girl. my roommates got infected and was nasty looking, and then when i came home from college my cousin got one then found out she was pregnant. i will stick to the traditional piercing of the ears ( i have four of them..lol)

go luck with the tat. i hope it turns out like you want.. make sure you show us after its done.:thumbsup:

SCSTILLER
09-22-2009, 06:36 AM
First off, Happy Birthday!

The tat's on the arm aren't bad. I got mine on my left and was in the chair for about 4 hours. I am a big sissy and deathly afraid of needles, and I was able to handle it. The arm does go numb after awhile. Watch out for that one on the ankle, the closer the needle is to bone the more painful it is, so I have heard.

HometownGal
09-22-2009, 07:02 AM
Sorry, if there was an "obvious joke" smiley, I would've used it, but I thought that was kind of clear anyway.

There are several ways you could have indicated that it was an "obvious joke" and several smilies as well.

:flap::wink02::chuckle::grin::smile::muhaha:

stlrtruck
09-22-2009, 07:29 AM
Depending on where you get it, it's going to hurt differently in different places.

For example the ones I have on my arms didn't hurt, they felt like an annoying pinch, as bad as the one I have on my lower back - now that one hurt (4 - 2 hour sittings).

stlrtruck
09-22-2009, 07:31 AM

I'm just guessing it would probably include a specific punter? :laughing:

HometownGal
09-22-2009, 08:07 AM
I'm just guessing it would probably include a specific punter? :laughing:

As well as a specific PK. :chuckle: :wink:

I'm getting it on my upper left arm and I can deal with the "pinchy" feeling. With all of the surgeries I've had in my life, I'm a trooper when it comes to needles. :thumbsup: In the spring, I plan on getting a Steelers tat on my leg above the ankle and I'm sure that one will smart a bit but it's all good. After that, I'm done. :thumbsup:

BritishSteel
09-22-2009, 11:54 AM
I've got a Steve Ditko-era green goblin tattooed on my left arm between elbow and shoulder, HG and it wasn't that painful either during or after - more uncomfortable really, whilst it's going on, then a bit itchy. As The Preach said, keep the dressing on until it's scabbed up, then plenty of vaseline and it'll be fine.

Never regret getting mine - I took the spider-man comic in and the guy just did it free-hand - came out brilliantly too.

steelreserve
09-22-2009, 12:34 PM
There are several ways you could have indicated that it was an "obvious joke" and several smilies as well.

:flap::wink02::chuckle::grin::smile::muhaha:

OK, well as long as we're clear that I'm making fun of teenagers with dumb tattoos, and not tattoos in general, and not calling you a teenager, and you're not going to turn into a turkey, or anything like that.

Steelerstrength
09-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Go for it HTG! Do what you do!

Here is a shot of the ink on my my back. This adorns my left shoulder blade. It represents the different times in my life where I have faced adversity and ultimately overcame!

The banners clearly state, " '94 World Champion" above, (the year I won the title) and below are my 3-D Principles that have motivated me through life, "Desire, Determination, Discipline". Here is my definition of the words:

Desire…

A champion must have the desire for perfection, and the will to punish himself in the process.

Determination…

The price of victory is high: blood, sweat, tears, frustration, and sometimes defeat.

Discipline…

Few men are born brave; many become so through training and force of discipline.

The image in the center is of an Aztec Eagle Warrior, clutching a serpent by the throat.

I have Aztec blood, from my fathers side, so I am the Eagle Warrior. The serpent represents all that is evil, and negative, including people and thought's. They have no place in my life, but they are there, so I must forcefully eliminate them if they attempt to interfere with my goals in life!

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb44/gauchostrength/DSC01677.jpg

AllD
09-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Whatever happened to just having a threesome with two call girls? Hopefully nothing permanent left behind to remind you of your midlife crisis.

HometownGal
09-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Whatever happened to just having a threesome with two call girls? Hopefully nothing permanent left behind to remind you of your midlife crisis.

Tis' not a mid-life crisis, AIID. This is something I've been kicking around for a while now and decided a few weeks back that I was just going to do it instead of contemplating it for the rest of my life.

I got the tat and it looks AWESOME!! The young man who did it is a really good tat artist and I'm extremely pleased! :thumbsup: Didn't hurt hardly at all - just a pinch here and there, especially at the top of the tattoo. He told me to keep the dressing on for just an hour and then wash it 2x per day with Dove soap and water and to also use a non-fragrant moisturizer and/or Neosporin on it for at least a week to 10 days. I have a little bit of a "hot" feeling there now but it has decreased just about every hour. I'll post pics as soon as it totally heals. Thank you for for your advice - I truly appreciate it :drink:

Steelerstrength - your tat looks great! :thumbsup:

TheWarDen86
09-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Tis' not a mid-life crisis, AIID. This is something I've been kicking around for a while now and decided a few weeks back that I was just going to do it instead of contemplating it for the rest of my life.

I got the tat and it looks AWESOME!! The young man who did it is a really good tat artist and I'm extremely pleased! :thumbsup: Didn't hurt hardly at all - just a pinch here and there, especially at the top of the tattoo. He told me to keep the dressing on for just an hour and then wash it 2x per day with Dove soap and water and to also use a non-fragrant moisturizer and/or Neosporin on it for at least a week to 10 days. I have a little bit of a "hot" feeling there now but it has decreased just about every hour. I'll post pics as soon as it totally heals. Thank you for for your advice - I truly appreciate it :drink:

Steelerstrength - your tat looks great! :thumbsup:

??? "or"

I would recommend neosporin....heavily for a few days. Maybe things have changed but I've never heard of using anything but a basitration (sp?) oinment.

Anyway, Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pics!

X-Terminator
09-22-2009, 11:32 PM

Awesome! I can't wait to see it! :thumbsup: :drink:

Preacher
09-23-2009, 12:46 AM
??? "or"

I would recommend neosporin....heavily for a few days. Maybe things have changed but I've never heard of using anything but a basitration (sp?) oinment.

Anyway, Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pics!

When I got mine (95?) I was told to just put moisturizer on it. Nothing else :hunch:

anyone think they are just guessing?

Galax Steeler
09-23-2009, 04:01 AM
When do we get to see it.:noidea:

HometownGal
09-23-2009, 09:17 PM
When do we get to see it.:noidea:

As soon as it heals. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice on keeping the area moist guys. :drink: It's still a little bit sore today but I'm sure that is to be expected. No redness or oozing. XT saw it tonight and thought it was awesome! The artist really did a good job. :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
09-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the advice on keeping the area moist guys....

hehe

sorry.... dirty thoughts. :doh:

:wink02:

Galax Steeler
09-24-2009, 04:04 AM
hehe

sorry.... dirty thoughts. :doh:

:wink02:

Shame on you Tony :toofunny:

HometownGal
09-24-2009, 07:52 AM
hehe