PDA

View Full Version : I've Gained Alot Of Respect For Willie Parker

Man_Of_Steel
01-18-2006, 06:30 PM
For Willie's size, he sure can take a pounding. There we're some hits last week and throughtout the year I thought for sure would have knocked him out, LOL. But he keeps going and going and going like the Energizer bunny. It doesn't seem like he's lost any speed either, still very quick. I hope he can keep it going this week.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suitanim
01-18-2006, 06:34 PM
6th most productive (regular season) RB in Steelers 72 year history...not too shabby.

SteelerFanInCA
01-18-2006, 06:36 PM
I think Willie is starting to come around as a RB. He has a long way to go but I like the progress he has made and showed in the last few games. I hope he can break off a few good runs against Denver.

LambertIsGod58
01-18-2006, 06:38 PM
He adds an element we haven't had in a while...I'd maybe say since Barry Foster.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Willie will be fine. Hes gonna need a dependable back to share some time with though.
I would love to get white but i doubt he will fall to 32.....

Maybe veron will be back. and they could share time.
Veron looked pretty impressive at the end of the bengals game.

tony hipchest
01-18-2006, 06:39 PM
he had more carries this year than in his whole college career.

hes young, raw, unpolished, and FRESH.

just like ben did i think willie has tremendous upside in his 2nd year starting.

LondonSteeler
01-18-2006, 07:12 PM
we've been doubting him the whole season, but at this point you have to hold your hands up and say, damn i was wrong he could carry the load every down

Man_Of_Steel
01-18-2006, 08:02 PM
we've been doubting him the whole season, but at this point you have to hold your hands up and say, damn i was wrong he could carry the load every down

I think he could be just as good as Tomlinson if used the same way. The only difference is I think Parker is a little quicker. Throw him some screen passes and watch him fly!

tony hipchest
01-18-2006, 08:15 PM
imagine him with the colts. then imagine the money the colts could save having him rather than being forced to re-sign edgerrin. that will tell you how valuable willie parker is. keeping him pretty much gives t. polamalu a big contract to keep him.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Willie is only gonna get better in time.. I dont any of us here or any Steeler fan figured he was gonna go for 1200 yds this season . The man is proving alot of people wrong. Fast Willie is gettin it done, there is no doubt.

24seven
01-18-2006, 08:52 PM
I love Parker don't get me wrong.. But when he's struggling and then the bus comes in and just punches it right through it kinda gets you wondering why.. I wish we would have run Bettis 2x's as much as Parker this week as he was gettin it done everytime except the fumble.. But yeah.. Parkers speed is amazing to watch considering we've never had a back that could burst like that.. Pegram was the closest thing and he wasn't that fast..

lotas
01-18-2006, 09:28 PM
I agree, sometimes I wish Bettis would get some more carries when Parker is struggling, but I absolutely love when Ben hits Willie on a blitz for the little screen pass, Parker is at full speed in two seconds and especially when he has a few blockers in front, that screen is very dangerous. I remember one in the Indy game and he got tripped up and just kinda stumbled when he lost his momentum but it was still close to a ten yard dash.

Suitanim
01-18-2006, 09:35 PM
Willie is a guy who has few touches in the previous 3-4 years...he's fast and powerful, but lacks the everyday experience most of these backs get...Hell, he didn't even start in college. As his coaching improves, so will his technique...from what I understand he spent an inordinate amount of time working on his blocking skills in the off-season last year, and it seems to be paying off.

I still expect the Steelers to go with Parker as the starter, and let Duce play the big back role. He IS a 250+ lb back, and can move and catch and block even better than Bettis when healthy. The way you keep him healthy is put him in short yardage and goalline situations just like the Bus had this year.