PDA

View Full Version : any Monday Night Football fans?

tony hipchest
09-21-2009, 09:04 PM
p. manning, d. clark, r. brown, and the wildcat put on a scoring clinic in the 1st 2 possessions.

colts and dolphins were each part of 2 of the greatest mnf games of all time.

has nbc taken away the luster with their sunday night games, or do any nostalgic fans still think MNF is the icing on the cake of a weekend of football?

hindes204
09-21-2009, 09:11 PM
I love MNF, always have. Its usually a great game. I thinks its a great end to the weekend

tony hipchest
09-21-2009, 10:29 PM
so yeah.

good game, right? :coffee:

( i guess its just you and i, hindes) :noidea:

browns suck.

MattsMe
09-21-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm watching it.

I think MNF football is a great little perk. Year after year, sunday after sunday, I get a little bummed every sunday night, thinking football's over for another week. Then I remember MNF. And I get all warm and fuzzy. Or drunk and woozy, if I'm not working the next day.

And yes, the Browns suck.

43Hitman
09-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Watching it as well, been pretty decent.

Christian Snyder
09-21-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm watching it.

I love MNF.:applaudit:

P.S Go Colts!

hindes204
09-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Yea, the wildcat seems to be working great for miami, they sure have perfected it

The browns do suck

cubanstogie
09-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Great game, I'd love to see Indy lose. A lot of teams can win this year its not a guarantee to see Indy, Patsies, or Chargers in the AFC championship against us.

hindes204
09-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Great game, I'd love to see Indy lose. A lot of teams can win this year its not a guarantee to see Indy, Patsies, or Chargers in the AFC championship against us.

haha, i need indy to win...like i said in the other gambling thread, i took indy and the over

cubanstogie
09-21-2009, 11:17 PM
haha, i need indy to win...like i said in the other gambling thread, i took indy and the over

I don't want them to lose at the expense of a fellow Steelers fan losing money. I can accept a 4 point victory for you. They have already showed me they are very beatable.

cubanstogie
09-21-2009, 11:19 PM
there you go, both bets covered. GO D

tony hipchest
09-21-2009, 11:25 PM
je m' appelle pierre garcon.

:wtf: wtf???

hindes204
09-21-2009, 11:26 PM
there you go, both bets covered. GO D

nice....2 minutes, i need a stop...with this one it makes my ass kicking this weekend not so bad

MattsMe
09-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Wow, Colts had the ball less than 15 minutes. Manning looks like he just woke up from a nap, and he still gets the win.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-21-2009, 11:56 PM
Does Manning even need a shower after the game?

I mean wow, less than 15 minutes with the ball and you still win?

tony hipchest
09-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Does Manning even need a shower after the game?
they mentioned him in the same breath as brady, so yes.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-22-2009, 01:12 AM
they mentioned him in the same breath as brady, so yes.

:rofl:

He's gonna need a brillo pad to get that off of him.

TackleMeBen
09-22-2009, 06:40 AM
i love MNF, i just cant stand Jaws in the booth.

cubanstogie
09-22-2009, 10:56 AM
i love MNF, i just cant stand Jaws in the booth.

Lately I am having a hard time listening to any announcers and especially analysts on NFL network. I do like Gruden though. The guy knows football. I know I am in the minority but I actually like Collinsworth and Michaels. I wish Kornheiser would have taken Tirico with him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Tony, I watched the game and enjoyed it, but to your original question if MNF has lost its prominance........I think it has.

I remember 20 years ago watching MNF and it was always a big deal. It used to be the cherry on the top of the NFL week, now I think its blended into a cherry milkshake of the NFL weekend.

Nothing is more lame than 2 Monday night games like last week.

TackleMeBen
09-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Nothing is more lame than 2 Monday night games like last week.
i think they only did the 2 games last monday b/c it was kickoff weekend.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-22-2009, 12:23 PM
i think they only did the 2 games last monday b/c it was kickoff weekend.

I know.

The point of special events like MNF used to be is to not do them all the time and overexpose that event. Having 2 MNF games further waters down the event. Its the reason they dont have Olympic games every year.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-22-2009, 12:43 PM
I know.

The point of special events like MNF used to be is to not do them all the time and overexpose that event. Having 2 MNF games further waters down the event. Its the reason they dont have Olympic games every year.

Yeah I don't like the two MNF games. It sucks to be up until 1:00AM watching football.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-22-2009, 12:44 PM
I know.

I think the actual problem with MNF is that they have taken too much of the attention off the field and try to produce entertainment inside the booth.

I dont need to see the commentators... or hear about what their grandkids bought them for Christmas...ESPECIALLY at the expense of the game.

When I watch the Steelers in Super Bowl XL...with the Pittsburgh team of Hillgrove & Ilkin dubbed over the plays, I am reminded of the OLD MNF where they called the plays...made commentary...all while we WATCHED the game and not the jokers in the booth.

Halftime is for 1) commentators...2) snacks...3) pee breaks .....(and not in that order)
....the rest of the night is for the game.

Crow-Magnon
09-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Remember when you got three, maybe four "big" network channels and a couple of UHF channels on your TV? When you heard the Star Spangled Banner come on at midnight at one AM and then the test pattern buzzed until 6:00 AM? When you saw maybe one or two baseball games in a week's time on one local channel and the Game of the Week on Saturday after TWIB? College football on Saturday afternoons and the NFL on Sunday afternoons, and unless it was the Wide World of Sports or The Superstars, that was it.

At that time, NFL football in prime time on a Monday was a huge deal. Now it's more like just any other game, although the teams picked are supposedly better teams than average (what? No Lions?). SNF now seems to be the bigger draw, but with cable and satellite TV and hundreds of channels, the Internet, etc, we'll never see ratings like MNF used to garner.

tony hipchest
10-12-2009, 10:46 PM
hmmmm...

nobody started a thread for tonights game. :confused:

i guess we can chalk that up to the SF faithful promptly switching the chanel as soon as obama gave his kick off speech commemorating the hispanics in the nfl. :hunch:

pretty good game so far. i have always liked the dolphins better but i guess i want the jets to win just to stick it to the patriots.

stillers4me
10-12-2009, 10:49 PM
I bet it's the first time in NFL history that a team owner sang the national anthem.

And as far as Obama goes, if we're all Americans, than say it in frikkin' English.

That is all.

MACH1
10-12-2009, 11:26 PM
I bet the clowns are doing a lot of this :doh::doh::doh::doh:

Preacher
10-12-2009, 11:29 PM
I bet the clowns are doing a lot of this :doh::doh::doh::doh:

I LOVE IT!!

What does it say about the Browns that edwards is playing well now?

tony hipchest
10-12-2009, 11:30 PM
I bet the clowns are doing a lot of this :doh::doh::doh::doh:lmao. edwards is killing the dolphins.

sweed sucks. maybe we can trade him to the jets or bears. :doh:

MACH1
10-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Maybe we can get Ginn outa the deal. :chuckle:

Oh wait wrong team. :doh:

tony hipchest
10-12-2009, 11:34 PM
I bet it's the first time in NFL history that a team owner sang the national anthem.

And as far as Obama goes, if we're all Americans, than say it in frikkin' English.

That is all.
the nfl decided that the 1st penalty would be called in spanish. :hunch:

business>politics in a capitalist society. might as well get used to it...

tony hipchest
10-12-2009, 11:47 PM
damn. wildcat to win the game.

turned out to be even better than just a "good" game.

while i like the dolphins, i was REALLY hoping the jets could use this one to pull away from that cheating bastard franchise who doesnt even deserve a back door entry to the playoffs.

MACH1
10-12-2009, 11:49 PM
ya, that's kind of what I was hoping for.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-13-2009, 01:10 AM
The Jets are who we thought they were!!!!

4xSBChamps
10-13-2009, 05:49 AM
the nfl decided that the 1st penalty would be called in spanish.

when I saw that crap goin'-on, I switched to the hockey games being shown in my area, and never looked back at MNF

stillers4me
10-13-2009, 06:33 AM
At least the National Anthem was still sung in English. :coffee:

4xSBChamps
10-13-2009, 12:26 PM
At least the National Anthem was still sung in English. :coffee:

..... WHO'S National Anthem was sung?

The Patriot
10-13-2009, 01:53 PM
I don't know why, but the Spanish language annoys me somehow. It's just aesthetically displeasing.