PDA

View Full Version : I wish we had Troy Polamalu

LightingStorm
01-18-2006, 05:43 PM
I was so upset to see the Chargers not grab this guy I'am from cali and am a USC and Charger fan I watch troy play and knew what he was about. when the Steelers picked him I was upset but I knew you guys would use him and least he went to a great team that knows how to play defense so I'm happy he could have gone to a bunch of losers that dont know how to build a team and another USC player I'm sure will be in your uniform is Lydale White he would fit right in hard nose runner who would take over for the bus. Good luck and beat those overrated broncos

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-18-2006, 05:45 PM
who did the chargers pick when they passed on troy?

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-18-2006, 05:57 PM
I was so upset to see the Chargers not grab this guy I'am from cali and am a USC and Charger fan I watch troy play and knew what he was about. when the Steelers picked him I was upset but I knew you guys would use him and least he went to a great team that knows how to play defense so I'm happy he could have gone to a bunch of losers that dont know how to build a team and another USC player I'm sure will be in your uniform is Lydale White he would fit right in hard nose runner who would take over for the bus. Good luck and beat those overrated broncos
Every team wishes they had Troy. And I would love to see Lydale wearing the Black-n Gold. Thanks for the encouragement.:sign08:

LightingStorm
01-18-2006, 06:04 PM
We never had a shot at him we picked 30th that year you guys grabbed him 16th pick believe me if we passed on him I would have been really pissed but I was hoping they would have moved down to grab him that just me being bias I luv the guy I watched two live games when he was with usc. He has a nose for the ball

BlitzburghRockCity
01-18-2006, 07:38 PM
Every team wishes they had Troy. And I would love to see Lydale wearing the Black-n Gold. Thanks for the encouragement.:sign08:

Right on, Troy is a beast and Im sure glad he's in the black n gold..he's worth every bit of the price we paid to move up to get him !

tony hipchest
01-18-2006, 07:44 PM
the colts wish they had him too. they were gonna pick him with an early in the twenties pick and we had to leapfrog them to get him. it cost the steelers either r. grossman or l. johnson. i think the steelers made the right choise as tough as it was. troy is pure steeler, just like the longhair kevin green before him

OX1947
01-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Hey, you guys got Merriman, I dont feel too bad for you guys. That guy is a freakin beast. Living in SD, I see alot of games and that son of a gun is a stud and a half

OX1947
01-18-2006, 09:16 PM
By the way, I think the steelers should trade up again and get lendale white. Him and willie would be unstoppable. He is project at 17 so trade down to 15 and get him. And then draft Nance in the second round round....

TasmanianTroy271
01-18-2006, 09:49 PM
I can't imagine the Steelers trading up to get Lendale White. I could imagine us drafting him if he fell, but how often do the Steelers trade up? For Troy, but before him, who was the last one? I think the Steelers would more likely trade up for someone like Tamba Hali than Lendale, because honestly, we're a Defensive team more than anything. We're known for having the Steel Curtain defense, and I think if the FO sees someone in the draft that would do GREAT in the Steelers D, like they saw with Troy, they'd trade up. The problem with drafting a WR or RB first round, is they want the huge contract up front, and I don't think the Steelers like that. They'd rather get 2nd-4th round offensive players and give them a chance to develop. That's how we came to get Hines.

Livinginthe past
01-18-2006, 11:18 PM
It will be interesting to see who wins the Lendale sweepstakes.

I think alot of teams in the NFL could do with a bruising back who gains 3-5 yds per run on a consistent basis.

Be nice to see the Pats pick up an elite, young back - our O-Line should be useful next year once we get our two 1st choice LT's back.

NM

Koopa
01-18-2006, 11:32 PM
like i said, if the pats get lendale i'm going to to new england and capping ppl in the knees, so you LITP you better not be outside on draft day lol. i hope the vikings get him so i don't have to worry about anyone in the afc getting the best back in the draft

51JetsfaninPa51
01-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Dont you guys wish you guys have VILMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...........

tony hipchest
01-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Dont you guys wish you guys have VILMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...........

hell no we got farrior

rgleason
01-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Guys, we just turned a Free Agent, someone not even drafted, into a 1200 yard rusher in his second season. If we need a power back, we'll find someone to get the job done. I wont lose any sleep if we dont get L White.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Who in the hell wants Vilma ??? Farrior and Foote are Beasts :tt:

clevestinks
01-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Your loss , our gain!
Everyone I know, no matter who the root for, Loves this guy! Especially my wife and sisters!

SteelerzGirl
01-20-2006, 05:07 PM
like i said, if the pats get lendale i'm going to to new england and capping ppl in the knees

:rofl:

Lemme know if you make the trip. I have a couple peeps I'd like ya to take out while you're at it...(lol)! :wink:

SteelCityMan786
01-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Who in the hell wants Vilma ??? Farrior and Foote are Beasts :tt:

Who the Hell is vilma anyway. JK. Vilma should change his name name to Wilma Flinstone. The Guy SUCKS!

clevestinks
01-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Who the Hell is vilma anyway. JK. Vilma should change his name name to Wilma Flinstone. The Guy SUCKS!
He he ha ha. tHATS some funny stuff!:sofunny:

hardwork
01-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Polamalu's not bad, over rated, but not bad. I'll stay with Rodney Harrison. I don't think I ever saw Rodney knock the ball out of his own hands with his own knee. Lol, a little coordination problem there Troy?

clevestinks
01-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Although Harrison is great. Troy is the best all round safety in the league. Bar NONE!

hardwork
01-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Yes he is, cleve. Just pulling your leg.

In fact, thinking about it, I don't think another safety has jumped out at me like Polamalu does since Jack Tatum. And I consider Tatum the greatest hitter of all time.

MichiSteeler
01-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Right on, Troy is a beast and Im sure glad he's in the black n gold..he's worth every bit of the price we paid to move up to get him !
Definatly! He's my favorite player and heart of the defense. LOL this post kinda reminds me of the wizard of oz..

If i only had a troy!