PDA

View Full Version : Stefan Logan

frankvctr
09-22-2009, 08:58 AM
He averaged 6 yard/punt return. One punt he looked timid as he jumped out of bound to avoid being hit, while if he steered right he could make sizable gain.

So far he is just average at best in punt/kick return. Let's hope he is not just a pre-season wonder.

steelpride12
09-22-2009, 09:01 AM
No the Bears played the ball away from Logan and forced him to chase the ball or didn't kick it to him at all. They did a good job on ST on Sunday.

XxKnightxX
09-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Hush please, if you watched the game completely you should of realized what pride12 said, the Bears have one of the best special teams units in the league, and they contained us. I dont care about returns, just catch the ball and dont muff anything. He wasnt a preseason wonder with the Titans, so yeah.

Indo
09-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Patience---
He's gonna break one (well, actually, more than one)

KeiselPower99
09-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Teams are gonna sky punt the ball and let the coverage teams get down there to cover him.

The_WARDen
09-22-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm enjoying all that great field position that they're getting because of him.

jjpro11
09-22-2009, 09:57 AM
lol... and did Logan have the benefit of even a single wedge formation during any of his punts? no. for a couple of his punts, he had to dodge the entire punt coverage team himself if he wanted to get a big return. i am more upset with his fumble at the end. i don't know if he was just going for broke and risking ball security given the time left in the game or what.. but that better be the end of it.

Hammer Of The GODS
09-22-2009, 10:26 AM
There were no less than 3 bears with NO blockers in front of them converging on Logan before he even caught the ball. Piss poor blocking is to blame for lack of return yardage.

CanadianSteel
09-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Ya agree with most all of you, give this guy a coupe blocks and letrs see what happens. Still get outta my seat when he touches the ball and his kick returns have been outstanding compared to what we have had the past few years... Get him on the fast filed turf in Cinci this week and watch him go !!!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-22-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm enjoying all that great field position that they're getting because of him.

Me too. He seems to get the ball to the 30 and beyond on kickoffs. Just a matter of time before he breaks a long PR.

I guess the OP would rather have Moore or Holmes back there like last season. :doh:

Spidey
09-22-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm just glad i'm now anticipating a return to pay dirt, as oppose to a muffed Punt ala Ricardo Colclough!!

BlastFurnace
09-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Prediction: Logan will take one to the house this week....WRITE IT DOWN!

fansince'76
09-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Yep, knew this guy would get labeled a "preseason wonder" if he didn't have a kick/punt return for a TD by week 2. This board is nothing if not predictable. :coffee:

SteelerFanInATL
09-22-2009, 02:24 PM
He averaged 6 yard/punt return. One punt he looked timid as he jumped out of bound to avoid being hit, while if he steered right he could make sizable gain.

So far he is just average at best in punt/kick return. Let's hope he is not just a pre-season wonder.

Two games down 14 more to go, lets give him a chance. He can't have a great game every week. It will take some time, but I think he is a great improvement to what we have had in recent years. He is definately a boost to our return game.

eafratitpm3
09-22-2009, 02:28 PM
I really like Logan but the thing I noticed about him last week that really stood out was he was going East-West quite a bit. That's okay if he does it for a couple of steps but at some point he needs to take it upp field. The sideline is the kick coverages friend.

The_WARDen
09-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Yep, knew this guy would get labeled a "preseason wonder" if he didn't have a kick/punt return for a TD by week 2. This board is nothing if not predictable. :coffee:

The regular season is a whole different animal.

JackHammer
09-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Another dumb thread not worth responding to. Move along please. Nothing to see here.

Galax Steeler
09-22-2009, 03:41 PM

Agreed I guess we can start a Logan sucks thread know.

fansince'76
09-22-2009, 03:44 PM
The regular season is a whole different animal.

I know, but I'm not the one insinuating the guy is a waste of a roster spot because he hasn't scored a TD yet after two whole regular season games either.

Christian Snyder
09-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Is this thread even worth responding to? So now Logan sucks, Holmes sucks, Reed sucks, Tomlins sucks, O-line sucks, Woodley sucks, Arians sucks, and I'm sure there's more.:banging::mad:

Why don't you all stop whining and realize :sign01:.

The_WARDen
09-22-2009, 03:52 PM
I know, but I'm not the one insinuating the guy is a waste of a roster spot because he hasn't scored a TD yet after two whole regular season games either.

I'm not saying he should be cut or anything. I question the Steelers keeping him on the roster when he can't do anything else. I hope the kid turns into David Hester I really do.

I'm not ready to jump on his bandwagon just because he's fast and appears to be better than last year's option.

I did that once with Maddox and was a fan just because he replaced Kordell.

JackHammer
09-22-2009, 04:09 PM
I did that once with Maddox and was a fan just because he replaced Kordell.

There's a big difference between replacing one mediocre QB with another mediocre QB, and replacing two shitty KR's with one solid KR who has home run ability and can also be a weapon in the offense down the road.

The_WARDen
09-22-2009, 04:12 PM
There's a big difference between replacing one mediocre QB with another mediocre QB, and replacing two shitty KR's with one solid KR who has home run ability and can also be a weapon in the offense down the road.

That's MY point! How do you know he has home run ability and can be a weapon? Being fast is not the only prerequisite for taking it back to the house.

Doing it in the preseason is one thing...doing it in the regular season when there's live bullets is another.

I'm reserving judgement until I have more evidence that's all.

fansince'76
09-22-2009, 04:26 PM

As am I, which I believe is the reasonable approach to take, and it's the exact opposite of practically writing the guy off after 2 games.

The_WARDen
09-22-2009, 04:30 PM
As am I, which I believe is the reasonable approach to take, and it's the exact opposite of practically writing the guy off after 2 games.

So, we agree! Shall we sing kumba ya or something?

:chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Logan averaged 29 yards KO returns in week 1 and was electrifying in 3 of the past 4 weeks.

If you are looking for the bad in the kid outside of that and a Steeler fan....you are a pessimist.

He may not be the 2nd coming of Dante Hall or Devin Hester, but I still think he looks like the best return guy we have had here since Louis Lipps.

The_WARDen
09-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Logan averaged 29 yards KO returns in week 1 and was electrifying in 3 of the past 4 weeks.

If you are looking for the bad in the kid outside of that and a Steeler fan....you are a pessimist.

He may not be the 2nd coming of Dante Hall or Devin Hester, but I still think he looks like the best return guy we have had here since Louis Lipps.

Now who's overstating? It's been 2 weeks. You can't kill him after just 2 weeks but you can say he's the best since Louis Lipps?

Can't have it both ways...if 2 weeks isn't enough time then it's not enough time.

SteelerEmpire
09-22-2009, 05:04 PM
I think during almost all of his returns he has shaken defenders that a lot of returners I've seen would not have.... I think he's a substantial profit over what we use to have....

Borski
09-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Is this thread even worth responding to? So now Logan sucks, Holmes sucks, Reed sucks, Tomlins sucks, O-line sucks, Woodley sucks, Arians sucks, and I'm sure there's more.:banging::mad:

Why don't you all stop whining and realize :sign01:.

Exactly, our whole team sucks! why dont we throw in the towel already on this season :banging:

/sarcasm

AllD
09-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Logan is definitely a good pick up. He only fumbled on the last play because he threw all caution to the wind because that was the only chance we had. I would tell him to do the same thing again. Maybe the blocking on STs should do better and avoid blocking in the back?

Kaeg
09-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi everyone! I'm here! :wave: Am I too late for the "Cut Reed" thread? ..oh...wait...I'm sorry......wrong place....... :chuckle:

SteelTalons
09-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Hi everyone! I'm here! :wave: Am I too late for the "Cut Reed" thread? ..oh...wait...I'm sorry......wrong place....... :chuckle:

Im sure that threads on here somewhere already.......

Christian Snyder
09-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Exactly, our whole team sucks! why dont we throw in the towel already on this season :banging:

/sarcasm
Yes, our whole team sucks!... Our record will be 3-13 at the end of the season and we will be last in our division...

P.S The Steelers suck

(sarcasm smiley is needed badly here)

Steelboy84
09-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Patience---
He's gonna break one (well, actually, more than one)

Yep. :tt03:

Psyychoward86
09-22-2009, 09:13 PM
he looked ready to break a couple for a huuuge gain. Patience. Hester didnt have the best day either. Point made, yes?

BigBenFn7
09-22-2009, 11:41 PM
When was the last time Devin Hester returned one to the house? Give Logan a chance to get going.

JackHammer
09-23-2009, 04:39 AM
That's MY point! How do you know he has home run ability and can be a weapon? Being fast is not the only prerequisite for taking it back to the house.

Doing it in the preseason is one thing...doing it in the regular season when there's live bullets is another.

Preseason or not, he's already shown that he has a lot more ability than Carey Davis and Gary Russell ever did. Plus none of our other potential returners were able to take the job from him in camp so apparently he's the best option we have. Sure is better than risking Santonio to a Polamalu type of freak injury . Also, if you were reserving judgment then why did you say:

I question the Steelers keeping him on the roster when he can't do anything else.

You clearly judged him there without even knowing whether or not he can do anything else. After all, he's done nothing in the regular season to show that he can't do anything else, just as he's done nothing in the regular season to show that he can be a home run hitter.

The_WARDen
09-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Preseason or not, he's already shown that he has a lot more ability than Carey Davis and Gary Russell ever did. Plus none of our other potential returners were able to take the job from him in camp so apparently he's the best option we have. Sure is better than risking Santonio to a Polamalu type of freak injury . Also, if you were reserving judgment then why did you say:

You clearly judged him there without even knowing whether or not he can do anything else. After all, he's done nothing in the regular season to show that he can't do anything else, just as he's done nothing in the regular season to show that he can be a home run hitter.

No, it doesn't make good football sense to keep a one trick pony on a 53 man roster in my opinion.

Most return guys can do something else...Hester is playing WR now for example.

It had nothing to do with whether I think he's good or not.

The Steelers decided that he was worth the spot and we shall see if they are rewarded. I hope they were right because it benefits them!

There's just not enough evidence in my opinion to say that he's good or that he sucks.

By mid-season we should have a better gauge and I hope the Steelers made the right choice.