PDA

View Full Version : OK Are We Done Crying? Lets Focus on the Bungles Now

XxKnightxX
09-22-2009, 08:25 AM
Wow, Im gone for 5 months and we lose one game and Oh my god the seasons over, were back to the 2006 season, fire Tomlin, fire Arians, lets put dixon in as the Wildcat and press all the panic buttons. As far as I see, Ben didnt have an appendectomy and a near fatal crash, and as far as I know, Tomln is still the coach and hes not under his last year of contract.
Should we have won that game on Sunday? Absolutely without a shadow of a doubt. We had the game and we just didnt finish the job, and those are the consequences when you dont close the game. Its over guys, I like that we lost early so the guys get grounded and realize that this years schedule is just as tough. Adjustments will be made its only Week 2 and 15 to go.

Ok moving on, Bungles. I dont know about you guys but this is another trap game just like the Bears. And the one name that keeps coming up to my mind is Antoine Odom who sacked Aaron Rodgers FIVE times against a pretty good Packers Offensive line. Carson Palmers back and getting back in Groove and Cedric Benson seems to be running very tough. Overall I think we can win this game if we keep Palmer out the field and if we contain Chris Henry, Chad GarbageCinco is not an issue but Henry always seems to have our number. We can definitely run on this defense, so I hope Mendenhall and Parker have a good day. Well guys any other discussion comments go ahead and add on. Keep the faith people :tt02::tt02:

stlrtruck
09-22-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm not that impressed with the bungals, maybe because they're the bungals. Although I would agree, that Chris Henry seems to have our number and somewhere during a game he comes up with a huge TD.

This game will come down to our offense and can they commit to scoring more than 14 points this week. They'll need to run a 30+ point game to give the defense the rest they need as well. We can't have tired defensive personnel out there giving Caution the time to heave the 15-20 yarders and then have our guys trying to catch the likes of Henry.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-22-2009, 09:19 AM
The Packers defense collapsed last week against the Bengals. That win didn't have me screaming "OMG, TEH BENGALS ARE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD FOOTBALL TEAM!".

It just had me yelling "damnit" because I had the Packers in pick em.

We can beat the Bengals. If we can run the damn ball somewhat this week and keep our defense rested, we will win. I see the defense getting a few sacks against Palmer. He isn't mobile at all and throws absolutely horrible on the run. If we force him to his left, he's done.

MJ5150
09-22-2009, 09:22 AM
We got this. We'll win on Sunday.

A couple of my Steelers buddies aren't so sure. I may also be really nervous if we were heading into Baltimore this weekend, but come on already, this is the Bengals.

-Mike

CanadianSteel
09-22-2009, 09:22 AM
We need this game in a big way to get back on track...

HometownGal
09-22-2009, 09:51 AM
I am NOT taking the Bengals or any other team lightly this season. We have a couple of issues on the team overall which we need to address and fix and no time better than now to do so.

I was over the loss a couple of minutes after the game. We're headed into Week #3 and there is still a lot of regular season yet to go. We have a very good football team with top-notch coaches - let's look ahead, not behind. :tt02:

BlastFurnace
09-22-2009, 10:20 AM
As long as the team takes it one game at a time, we will be fine.

This team has a great history of letting things go that are in the past.

As long as they continue to do that, they will be ok.

The Bengals are not pushovers. They will give us all we can handle this Sunday.

Steel_Bus_24
09-22-2009, 10:41 AM
I think a lot of the frustration came with the fact that we weren't expecting to lose to cutler and his no-name band of receivers..............

at least that was the mentality of the media, and fans.....I saw it coming though....didn't make me any less mad when it happened

We've been notorious for blowing games against teams we're clearly better then.....and its a big reason why we never get put it same league as the Colts and Pats

Enough is Enough with that crap, lets take care of business from here on out.....starting with the Bengals

fansince'76
09-22-2009, 11:04 AM
We've been notorious for blowing games against teams we're clearly better then.....and its a big reason why we never get put it same league as the Colts and Pats

Yet we have 2 SBs in the last 4 years while the Colts and the Pats* have exactly 1 between them. Imagine that. :coffee:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Bengals are gonna be tough in their stadium. I think the D-line is solid and the LB group of young guys in Rivers and Maualuga with Dhani Jones in the middle will be tough.

I really just hope we dont give up any big plays with our depleated safety corps and we have a good shot. I'd still love to see us run for around 140yds.

Fire Haley
09-22-2009, 11:49 AM
http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/carson%2520palmer.jpg

http://www.wayodd.com/funny-pictures2/funny-pictures-weiner-kitten-0Pb.jpg

RoethlisBURGHer
09-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Killer, wtf is that thing in the second picture?

Fire Haley
09-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Wow, Im gone for 5 months

You were gone?

revefsreleets
09-22-2009, 12:19 PM
I think Tomlin will have the team whipped up into a frenzy after last week and they whomp all over Cornholio and his 'lil sidekick, the Gold Toofed Wonder....

TampaSteelerFan
09-22-2009, 12:38 PM
This should be just like a home game for us. I heard this was the only game Cincy sold out ahead of time and it was because Steeler fans bought all the tickets. :tt:

LVSteelersfan
09-22-2009, 12:40 PM
We are ripe for the picking across the middle right now with Troy out. If we don't get to Palmer, it is going to be a long day. As much as I hate to say it, criminal Chris Henry does seem to have our number. We need to get a running game going somehow to try to keep Palmer and company off the field. Anyone who is scared of Cedric Benson makes me laugh. He is a joke.

steelpride12
09-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Sure the Bungles are better this season, but I still don't fear them as a great team in the NFL. They should have lost that game to the pathetic Broncos and they had success last week because Benson and the run game were on key, which won't be the case against our defense.
Benson will get shut early forcing Palmer to become one dimensional and will begin to commit turnovers without it. I have confidence that our team overall won't except another loss and with take it out on the Bungles Sunday.

The Bungles defense has improved, but I feel we can finally get our run game moving in all cylinders and open up Ben to some play action. We need to score more than 13-13 points in this game to win though. Our offense has to fire and do it often to keep the bungles behind all game and give the defense some breathing room. :tt03:

BlastFurnace
09-22-2009, 01:18 PM
We are ripe for the picking across the middle right now with Troy out. If we don't get to Palmer, it is going to be a long day. As much as I hate to say it, criminal Chris Henry does seem to have our number. We need to get a running game going somehow to try to keep Palmer and company off the field. Anyone who is scared of Cedric Benson makes me laugh. He is a joke.

Benson isn't a joke. He ran very well against us in the game where he broke BMAC's arm. Part of the reason their offense hasn't been potent since 2005 is becasue of Rudi Johnson's injuries and decline. Now that they have a good RB again, they could cause us some problems.

Also, look out for a rookie named Scott that plays RB. He's a cutback runner that could cause us some problems.

CantStop85
09-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Benson isn't a joke. He ran very well against us in the game where he broke BMAC's arm. Part of the reason their offense hasn't been potent since 2005 is becasue of Rudi Johnson's injuries and decline. Now that they have a good RB again, they could cause us some problems.

Also, look out for a rookie named Scott that plays RB. He's a cutback runner that could cause us some problems.

I wouldn't worry about Bernard Scott too much, he hasn't had much of an opportunity to get on the field with Benson as the bell cow and Brian Leonard as the 3rd down back. He might see 2 or 3 carries against the Steelers.

Benson has looked great ever since the last few games of last season, showing good balance and explosiveness. I don't expect him to rush for 100+ yards against a great Steelers defense, but he should be able to do enough to keep them honest.

TackleMeBen
09-22-2009, 02:41 PM
when is the last time ben lost a game in the state of ohio??????

i have no worries about this game. i have faith in tomlin to get the guys ready to play like men and kick some bengal butt.

GridironWarrior
09-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Odom is gonna have a field day. I hope the Steelers can win. But this reminds me of the match up in 06 against Cincy when they came to the Burgh and stole a win. I also hope this teams finds that fire they had last year.

SteelC7
09-22-2009, 03:52 PM
if we run the ball, convert 3rd downs, and play some good pass defense, well destroy the bengals, but if we dont do any one of those things, well be 1-2 heading home to play san diego

steelpride12
09-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Odom is gonna have a field day. I hope the Steelers can win. But this reminds me of the match up in 06 against Cincy when they came to the Burgh and stole a win. I also hope this teams finds that fire they had last year.

Why are you always relating to the 2006 season AFTER TWO GAMES!? Why are you so negative? I don't get it. :banging::coffee:

TampaSteelerFan
09-22-2009, 04:12 PM
If memory serves me correctly, and it does, we WON our game in Cincy in the '06 season. Some people need to quit living in the past and realize the Steelers can still be pretty damn good over the next 14+ games!!! This is 2009 baby!! :tt03:

GridironWarrior
09-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Why are you always relating to the 2006 season AFTER TWO GAMES!? Why are you so negative? I don't get it. :banging::coffee:

I’m not an overconfident fan. You saw what happened when everyone thought we walk all over the Bears. The offense has not made any improvements from last year. There are no positives to look at from this team so far. No run game, shaky oline, 2 sacks in 2 games. Bad pass Defense. Do you honestly think this team at this point is an elite team? No they aren’t. Their play this Sunday is exactly why writers and non Steelers fans write them off. Do you see any fire in their play? I only saw it in Troy.

steelpride12
09-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Iím not an overconfident fan. You saw what happened when everyone thought we walk all over the Bears. The offense has not made any improvements from last year. There are no positives to look at from this team so far. No run game, shaky oline, 2 sacks in 2 games. Bad pass Defense. Do you honestly think this team at this point is an elite team? No they arenít. Their play this Sunday is exactly why writers and non Steelers fans write them off. Do you see any fire in their play? I only saw it in Troy.

Ya because it's only been TWO GAMES! And were 1 and 1. Did I ever say there was improvement of last season? No. And guess what last season in case you forgot WE WON THE SUPER BOWL! So thats good enough for me. We didn't have a run game last year, Parker was injured? O Line was the same as last season? Your just another stupid Steeler fan who has nothing better to do other than make excuses after ONE LOSS!

GridironWarrior
09-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Ya because it's only been TWO GAMES! And were 1 and 1. Did I ever say there was improvement of last season? No. And guess what last season in case you forgot WE WON THE SUPER BOWL! So thats good enough for me. We didn't have a run game last year, Parker was injured? O Line was the same as last season? Your just another stupid Steeler fan who has nothing better to do other than make excuses after ONE LOSS!

Itís amazing that people revert to name calling for no reason. Iím not making any excuses. An excuse would be we lost because of the field. We lost because we have major issues that arenít resolved. Oline being one and pass coverage and pass rush. We arenít not a good team simply put. Which is why we didnít beat the Bears. Our offense is putrid.

steelpride12
09-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Itís amazing that people revert to name calling for no reason. Iím not making any excuses. An excuse would be we lost because of the field. We lost because we have major issues that arenít resolved. Oline being one and pass coverage and pass rush. We arenít not a good team simply put. Which is why we didnít beat the Bears. Our offense is putrid.

In your last post you pretty much just said the Steelers are the same as last year? Im confused....didn't we win the Super Bowl. So I guess we are good enough!

GridironWarrior
09-22-2009, 04:32 PM
In your last post you pretty much just said the Steelers are the same as last year? Im confused....didn't we win the Super Bowl. So I guess we are good enough!

They were good enough last year because they had fire, heart and passion. Troy is the only one who has that this year. Everyone else is going through the motions. 06 was the same way. You know everyone is gonna give you their best shot and you come out flat? Which is how theyíve been the first 2 weeks. I expected more from this team since they claimed to have learned from 06 when they havenít.

Look at the Giants, after they won the Super Bowl they still played with fire and passion. Plax was their down fall along with some key injuries. They played like defending Champs.

steelpride12
09-22-2009, 04:35 PM
They were good enough last year because they had fire, heart and passion. Troy is the only one who has that this year. Everyone else is going through the motions. 06 was the same way. You know everyone is gonna give you their best shot and you come out flat? Which is how theyíve been the first 2 weeks. I expected more from this team since they claimed to have learned from 06 when they havenít.

Look at the Giants, after they won the Super Bowl they still played with fire and passion. Plax was their down fall along with some key injuries. They played like defending Champs.

How can you tell this team has no fire after TWO GAMES!? Its not possible, your just a typical troll fan who gets all worked up about one loss. It means nothing. If Reed makes those two kicks and we win the game your perspective is totally different. Im done here. Its old.

fansince'76
09-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Look at the Giants, after they won the Super Bowl they still played with fire and passion.

Really? An extremely flat and uninspired one-and-done appearance in the postseason is "playing with fire and passion?" Your constant whining and bellyaching is getting old. Really old.

GridironWarrior
09-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Really? An extremely flat and uninspired one-and-done appearance in the postseason is "playing with fire and passion?" Your constant whining and bellyaching is getting old. Really old.

They lost their best offensive weapon. You think if Pitt lost Ben weíd win in the playoffs? Look Iím a Steelers fan but not a homer. I know when my team is not the greatest and have no problem admitting it. Our team has a ton of issues. And unless they turn it around they wonít be repeating. This is not a great team this year. Even the Bills who lost 4 Super Bowls in a row played with more passion this team has right now. There is no fire in this team. None whatsoever. Will that change Sunday, I sure as heck hope so.

steelpride12
09-22-2009, 04:41 PM

Exactly. Every thread I go to he is bashing on one part of the Steelers or another. :banging:

steelpride12
09-22-2009, 04:42 PM
They lost their best offensive weapon. You think if Pitt lost Ben weíd win in the playoffs? Look Iím a Steelers fan but not a homer. I know when my team is not the greatest and have no problem admitting it. Our team has a ton of issues. And unless they turn it around they wonít be repeating. This is not a great team this year. Even the Bills who lost 4 Super Bowls in a row played with more passion this team has right now. There is no fire in this team. None whatsoever. Will that change Sunday, I sure as heck hope so.

Wow funny after 2 games you know everything about this team and how there gonna suck. And the Giants losing Plax is not the same as the Steelers losing Ben! I can't wait to hear your big mouth after two losses!

fansince'76
09-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Look Iím a Steelers fan but not a homer. I know when my team is not the greatest and have no problem admitting it. Our team has a ton of issues. And unless they turn it around they wonít be repeating. This is not a great team this year.

No, all you do is whine. Like all last season, you pissed and moaned endlessly about the OL - "I wish we had the Giants/Titans/Ravens/Colts, etc. O-line." There's a difference between not being a homer and being a fault-finding crybaby.

GridironWarrior
09-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Wow funny after 2 games you know everything about this team and how there gonna suck. And the Giants losing Plax is not the same as the Steelers losing Ben! I can't wait to hear your big mouth after two losses!

You canít to hear me after 2 losses? So I take it youíre picking the Bengals to win Sunday? The only teams I had beating the Steelers in the following weeks were Minnesota and SD before the bye. Not Cincy.

steelpride12
09-22-2009, 04:49 PM
You canít to hear me after 2 losses? So I take it youíre picking the Bengals to win Sunday? The only teams I had beating the Steelers in the following weeks were Minnesota and SD before the bye. Not Cincy.

I don't think I ever said I was picking cincy? Im just saying your a whiny baby who complains every single game, even when we win?

GridironWarrior
09-22-2009, 04:56 PM
I don't think I ever said I was picking cincy? Im just saying your a whiny baby who complains every single game, even when we win?

If the Steelers win and still have major holes, yes I will point them out. If we win 35-31 I will point out we gave up too many points. Unless of course it was to a great offensive team. But if we get in a shoot out letís say with Detroit, then I will point that out. Because that should not happen. If Ben gets sacked 10 times in game Iíll point that out as well. Ben is the Franchise and best player on the offense despite his flaws. Protecting him and giving him a real running game will extend his career. I donít want to go thru the OíDonnell, Maddox, Kent Graham, Tomzack, Kordell, and Brister era all over again. I will continue to point out flaws in this team. Iím a fan Iím allowed to do that.

MACH1
09-22-2009, 05:20 PM
If the Steelers win and still have major holes, yes I will point them out. If we win 35-31 I will point out we gave up too many points. Unless of course it was to a great offensive team. But if we get in a shoot out letís say with Detroit, then I will point that out. Because that should not happen. If Ben gets sacked 10 times in game Iíll point that out as well. Ben is the Franchise and best player on the offense despite his flaws. Protecting him and giving him a real running game will extend his career. I donít want to go thru the OíDonnell, Maddox, Kent Graham, Tomzack, Kordell, and Brister era all over again. I will continue to point out flaws in this team. Iím a fan Iím allowed to do that.

Point out major hole? All I hear is bitc$ and moan, bitc% and moan.
Must suck to be you, not able to enjoy a win, instead bict# and moan.

GridironWarrior
09-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Well maybe one day you guys will realize the holes this team has and they are not the best team in the league so far this year. And like I said Iím a fan. I can point out as many holes, flaws this team has. Because believe me they have a bunch. Tomlin got his work cut out for him with a bunch of guys who lack last seasonís passion. Troy being the exception. I just hope Ben can withstand another beating with no running game or pass protection. And donít worry, if the Steelers turn things around and make me eat my words then so be it. I donít mind being wrong and you guys can rag on me all you want. I have no problem admitting Iím wrong.

GridironWarrior
09-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Yup Iíll be thankful for mediocrity. If I saw some passion and effort even in a loss it wouldnít be so bad. Sadly they are lacking that. 06 again.

Steel_Bus_24
09-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Truthfully I wish there were more GidironWarriors in the media to piss in the Steelers Cornflakes right now

We all know we play better when they dog us. This is a crucial fffing game this week.

We'll know a hell of a lot more after this game

Steelboy84
09-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Only way to beat the Bungals is to learn from the past (Bears).

stillers4me
09-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Lions and tigers and bears....oh my! We have better luck against birds.

GridironWarrior
09-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Lions and tigers and bears....oh my! We have better luck against birds.

LOL.

Fire Haley
09-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Killer, wtf is that thing in the second picture?

Follow me young padawan.

The path I lead is pure.

X-Terminator
09-22-2009, 10:11 PM
A. Why are you people arguing with the fair-weather fan dolt that is GridironWorrier? All you're doing is giving him attention, when he deserves absolutely none. He needs to just go root for the Pats* or the latest flavor of the month, and be done with it.

B. I'm only going to ask one more time nicely not to quote him. It busts up my ignore list.

BigBenFn7
09-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Guys, we're going to smoke the Bengals. I will be attending and I have yet to attend a Steeler loss. The Bengals are going to feel the wrath of an angry, beaten Steelers squad. May God have mercy on their souls.

ricksteelers55
09-22-2009, 11:20 PM
It’s amazing that people revert to name calling for no reason. I’m not making any excuses. An excuse would be we lost because of the field. We lost because we have major issues that aren’t resolved. Oline being one and pass coverage and pass rush. We aren’t not a good team simply put. Which is why we didn’t beat the Bears. Our offense is putrid.

The offense is bad because the playcalling is bad.

how come when Ben is in no-huddle the offense is productive? Because he chooses the right play.(and I agree that it helps to have the same defense on the defense which means they'll get tired but still)

And I dont want to hear the ''OL is bad'' BS.tired of it in fact,there are teams with worst OL than what we have and they are doing a better job running the football.

Against the Bears Ben had almost 5 seconds per play to make a pass which is enough for a good QB to make his decisions.

Of course they gonna have bad days,even the Titans and Giants OL have their share of bad days during a year.

When you have playmakers such as Holmes,Big Ben,Heath Miller,Ward in your offense the problem is playcalling,cause we all know they can execute.They just have to choose the right play at the right time.

And now you gonna have people sayin...we won the super bowl,playcalling wasnt that bad or all that stuff.

My answer would be how many games did we win last year because of no-huddle offense where Ben chose the plays to call ?

I dont care who's calling the shot I dont want Arians to be fired because his playbook is good,I just want better playcalling.

Pi Kapp Steeler
09-23-2009, 12:06 AM
:iagree:

revefsreleets
09-23-2009, 08:46 AM
The offense is bad because the playcalling is bad.

how come when Ben is in no-huddle the offense is productive? Because he chooses the right play.(and I agree that it helps to have the same defense on the defense which means they'll get tired but still)

And I dont want to hear the ''OL is bad'' BS.tired of it in fact,there are teams with worst OL than what we have and they are doing a better job running the football.

Against the Bears Ben had almost 5 seconds per play to make a pass which is enough for a good QB to make his decisions.

Of course they gonna have bad days,even the Titans and Giants OL have their share of bad days during a year.

When you have playmakers such as Holmes,Big Ben,Heath Miller,Ward in your offense the problem is playcalling,cause we all know they can execute.They just have to choose the right play at the right time.

And now you gonna have people sayin...we won the super bowl,playcalling wasnt that bad or all that stuff.

My answer would be how many games did we win last year because of no-huddle offense where Ben chose the plays to call ?

I dont care who's calling the shot I dont want Arians to be fired because his playbook is good,I just want better playcalling.

I disagree with just about every sentence in this post.

Edman
09-23-2009, 09:17 AM
With the offensive talent the Steelers have and they way they've been moving the ball; They've scored only 27 points in two games. That's pretty sad. The friggin Ratbirds have scored more points in one game.

We draft Rashard Mendenhall, but we continue to insist on slamming Willie Parker down other teams throats, develop an allergy to the No-Huddle(despite the fact that it always works), and hoping a Troy-less Defense will rescue us again. All for what? Because it's "Steelers Football"? Last year we may have had an excuse for grinding out tough wins. We played a gauntlet of great teams and plenty of high-tier defenses. This year, we played the damn Bears and lose because we are unable to finish.

Criticize Gridiron if you want, but the whole team has been half-assing it in these two games so far. You can't help but draw comparisons to the 2006 team. Things probably won't change until the Steelers demolish the Bengals on Sunday, as much as it sucks. If we blow this game too, then there really is a problem with this team.

X-Terminator
09-23-2009, 09:41 AM
*sighs*

I cry uncle. It's 2006 all over again, and the team is going to finish 8-8.

Don't know why we don't just finish the season right now. I mean, the outcome is already determined, so why bother? Saves a lot of people time and angst, and saves the players a few bumps and bruises. Just give the Pats* the trophy, and let's move on to the CBA war of 2010.

stlrtruck
09-23-2009, 09:45 AM
*sighs*

Don't know why we don't just finish the season right now. I mean, the outcome is already determined, so why bother? Saves a lot of people time and angst, and saves the players a few bumps and bruises. Just give the Pats* the trophy, and let's move on to the CBA war of 2010.

It would allow more time to focus on Hockey Season! (insert sarcasm smiley here)

Fire Haley
09-23-2009, 09:46 AM
I thought the Steelers offense dominated the first half and except for a couple dropped balls and a hit on Ben's arm that caused the pick they would have had 3 scores, easy.

Steelers still had the game won all the way till the last 5 minutes of the game, and after all, it's not fantasy points that count, but WINNING THE DAMN GAME. Do you people even watch the games?

Steelers need to execute better, the points are there.

SouthTexasSteel
09-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Having moved from South Texas to Northwest Indiana, the handle doesn't really fit anymore but that''s for another day. One of the few posts that I made was the prediction of Chicago beating the Steelers this season. However, that's not gloating, just the biggest reason that I am no longer a Bears fan. The Bear's ownership is polar opposite of the Steelers ownership who are proven winners. With that being said, some observations from attending Sunday's game at Soldier Field.

After Ben was hit by Alex Brown in the first half that led to a pick, most of the balls he threw were not pretty, one wonders if he didn't "tweak" something and toughed it out.

The radio guy's here from Chicago noticed the same thing that I did. Our WR's kept running the same uninspired routes over and over again and were easy to defend after the 1st quarter.

I also noticed that Reed was clearly rattled after missing the second FG and hope that this doesn't start a downward spiral for clutch kicks in the future.

TROY WAS MISSED!!! Chicago receivers ran wild in the middle of the field with NO FEAR and it showed. Knox was always wide open!!

We should win against the Douche Bungles but ONLY if we get pressure on the QB.

Fire Away, I can take it!!! I took if from hundreds of butthole Bears fans!!!

HometownGal
09-23-2009, 10:00 AM
If it's '06 again, I can live with that. Hell, if it's a time warp back to the '80s I can live with that too.

But I don't think it's '06 again.

This is exactly where I'm at. :thumbsup: I don't EXPECT anything from this team other than going out there every game day, giving it 150% and let the chips fall where they may. We're NOT going to win the division or the SB every single season folks!!! :banging::banging::banging:

That being said, however, I don't believe the guys gave it their all in Chi-Town, especially in the 4Q. To be successful in this league, as most of us know, you gotta play 60 minutes of football!!

memphissteelergirl
09-23-2009, 10:18 AM
*sighs*

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Sarcasm duly noted and appreciated :applaudit:

GridironWarrior
09-23-2009, 10:27 AM
With the offensive talent the Steelers have and they way they've been moving the ball; They've scored only 27 points in two games. That's pretty sad. The friggin Ratbirds have scored more points in one game.

We draft Rashard Mendenhall, but we continue to insist on slamming Willie Parker down other teams throats, develop an allergy to the No-Huddle(despite the fact that it always works), and hoping a Troy-less Defense will rescue us again. All for what? Because it's "Steelers Football"? Last year we may have had an excuse for grinding out tough wins. We played a gauntlet of great teams and plenty of high-tier defenses. This year, we played the damn Bears and lose because we are unable to finish.

Criticize Gridiron if you want, but the whole team has been half-assing it in these two games so far. You can't help but draw comparisons to the 2006 team. Things probably won't change until the Steelers demolish the Bengals on Sunday, as much as it sucks. If we blow this game too, then there really is a problem with this team.
Thank you! Glad to see someone who understands where Iím coming from.

revefsreleets
09-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Well, let's look at the flipside of that. Our DEFENSE has only given up 27 points in two games, an average of 13.5 a game.

I absolutely guarantee you that if we continue to only give up 13.5 a game, we'll win 12 games and win the SB.

How you like dem apples, pally?

fansince'76
09-23-2009, 11:19 AM
To answer the question posed by the OP:

OK Are We Done Crying?

No, it looks like the crying, whining, pissing and moaning is still very much in full swing. :coffee:

XxKnightxX
09-23-2009, 11:41 AM
To answer the question posed by the OP:

No, it looks like the crying, whining, pissing and moaning is still very much in full swing. :coffee:

I think we need to call the WAAAAAMBULANCE

Edman
09-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Okay, I'm certainly done crying. It's getting too depressing now. It's Wednesday.

steelpride12
09-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Man this whining is annoying. Its already Wed. and people are still crying. Lets talk Bengals and figure out the keys to victory.

STEELERS_fan74
09-23-2009, 02:46 PM
i tell u all what we must b on our a game the bengals have changed they are better now we can not let them get into our heads n bring us down or we will lose for sure now we have to keep our heads in the game out of their locker room n tlk and we have to keep an eye on the ball and be careful on 3rd downs and convert them!!!!