PDA

View Full Version : Who really thought we would go undefeated?

SC Steeler Steve
09-22-2009, 04:02 PM
NOT ME. Nor do I think we will win the rest of them. But we will be a strong strong force come playoff time. Maybe even #1 seed. :tt::tt02::tt03:

Sharkissle29
09-22-2009, 04:30 PM
for some reason i thought we could....but know its extremely difficult to do so.

SteelerEmpire
09-22-2009, 04:46 PM
We could've.... as I "KNOW " we can beat any team in the NFL..... But to " show up " for every game to pull it off is something totally different. This is the "perfect " senario: 1) win enough to gain home field advantage in the playoffs 2) just "show up " for 2-3 playoff games and one SB.... .... end result, # 7 AND Bragging rights for STEELER NATION....

steelreserve
09-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Well, there was no team on our schedule that should've beaten us. In theory, we should've won them all.

In reality, just random shit that's beyond your control is usually going to deal you at least 2-4 losses even if you have the best football team ever assembled. We started seeing that in the first half of the first game this year. We'll make the playoffs and be in a position to make a run; it'll just be a matter of whether luck is on our side in January in regards to injuries, confidence and momentum.

eafratitpm3
09-22-2009, 04:56 PM
I think I speak for a majority of long time Steeler fans when I say that I honestly didn't think we would go undefeated but I thought that our losses would come to a much better team than Chicago. I know it's early in the season but with Urlacher out and Cutler's new team I thought we would handle Chicago easily. To me it looked like the Bears wanted this game more. I think that we took the Bears too lightly and before we knew it we were in a dog fight. I always say when you leave a team in the game they start believing they can win and some times they actually do as evident to last weeks loss. I know people hate to bring up the past but this is classic Steelers of old playing down to their competition. I thought the 09 team would never let that happen.

Preacher
09-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Honestly, I thought this just might be the year.

What looked like the toughest team on the schedule, we beat out of the gate.

We returned all of our D except two, and they both split time with their replacements already.

Our offense was healthy, primed, and ready to go it seemed.

We finally had a returner...

and our schedule really favored us.

So yeah, I thought this just might be the year.

But no matter. Its more important to have a Lomardi at the end. If a couple losses throughout the season point out our weaknesses so we can fix them before Decemember/January football comes around, then I welcome the losses.

Edman
09-22-2009, 05:26 PM
The Steelers would not go undefeated as talented as they are. 16-0 is delusional.

I just figured the Steelers would lose to better teams or simply because they were outplayed, not fumbling games away to teams like Chicago.

stillers4me
09-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Honestly, I thought this just might be the year.

What looked like the toughest team on the schedule, we beat out of the gate.

We returned all of our D except two, and they both split time with their replacements already.

Our offense was healthy, primed, and ready to go it seemed.

We finally had a returner...

and our schedule really favored us.

So yeah, I thought this just might be the year.

But no matter. Its more important to have a Lomardi at the end. If a couple losses throughout the season point out our weaknesses so we can fix them before Decemember/January football comes around, then I welcome the losses.

My thoughts exactly

I can live with 15-1. :flap:

AllD
09-22-2009, 05:33 PM
NOT ME. Nor do I think we will win the rest of them. But we will be a strong strong force come playoff time. Maybe even #1 seed. :tt::tt02::tt03:

With the history of #1 seeds, I would prefer #2 - #4. I don't think my heart can go through another #6 either.

This team has a target on their back and any opponent is going to try and exploit any weakness. They are all coming at the Steelers just like the Jets did against the Pats because it's a matter of pride sometimes.

Now Tomlin knows what to do. It is just a matter of getting the players to avoid the slump and lack of concentration. Polamalu not being on the field is having an impact on field checmistry. More than I would have predicted.

Harrison again is carrying the load on defense and BB did everything he could to win last week. Too many mistakes from coaching to players contributed to the loss. Even if Reed made both FGs, maybe the Bears run different plays and score a TD with the extra point and win by one. Or maybe Cutler gets shaken and he throws a pick.

The next game needs to be a statement game by the Steelers or everybody will know they are ripe for picking.

BlastFurnace
09-22-2009, 05:36 PM
I don't care if we are undefeated. The only game I care if we are undefeated this year is on Super Bowl Sunday.

Great teams lose games during the year....in many cases...multiiple games. We did last year and still won it.

wootawnee
09-22-2009, 06:06 PM
We were just being nice to the Chicago faithful.........Imagine if they lost their first 2.....That town would have rioted...........Anyway we owe old papa bear Hallas one for getting Bradshaw with a coin flip........It turned the Steelers way around......And sunk the Bears way down........They have not had a great QB since.....They might have one now if J.C. pans out.......So I feel our Karma gave them one if ya beleive in all that magical stuff, like the Terrible Towel Magic...........Chicago is a great city.......Good luck the rest of the season...........

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0905/this.day.sports.history.may27/images/george-halas.jpg

Kaeg
09-22-2009, 06:18 PM
We can't go undefeated now?

Steel_Bus_24
09-22-2009, 07:09 PM
We had no business losing to the fffing bears who were without Urlacher...........

but whatever time to move on, the corrections start now

Steelboy84
09-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Still should have beaten Chicago.

Christian Snyder
09-22-2009, 07:25 PM
I didn't expect us to go undefeated... But I did expect us to beat the Bears. I think we will go 11-5.:tt02::tt:

markymarc
09-23-2009, 03:55 PM

I definitely agree with that!

stlrtruck
09-24-2009, 08:33 AM
I believe every year we'll go undefeated until we lose the first one then we'll be 15-1 until we lose the next one...you get the picture!

All that matters to me is that eventually we win the most important game that's played the first weekend in February!

KeiselPower99
09-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Ill take 14-2. We will be fine.

scsteeler
09-24-2009, 11:55 AM
While I would love to go undefeated I just did not see it this year. I say we may have 2 more losses to the season before it is all over with.

revefsreleets
09-24-2009, 03:38 PM
It's not even so much our record as how the naysayers completely overreact to any loss. It's like if we lose, but don't score "A's" at every position in the postgame grade, we are doomed for failure.

This isn't college. The worst team in the league is only slightly worse than the best. "Any given Sunday" and all that. NE winning 18 games and Detroit losing 16 are EXTREME anomalies. Usually a coaching adjustment here and a little better execution and a L can turn around into an L, even in blowout games.

12-4...at worst...

tomiesteel
09-24-2009, 03:48 PM

A loss this weekend and its will start to look like the 2006 season all over again

Home win on thursday night
lose a tuff game on the road to the jags
followed by a loss to the bengals in pittsburgh

maybe the road game this time around to cincy is the difference maker

Steelers 31
bengals 13

GridironWarrior
09-24-2009, 05:02 PM
I thought this team learned from 06 in the off season and I really thought undefeated or 14-2 was possible. Now after 2 wks I say 9-7 or an 8-8 similar to 06. No passion just like 06, Troy being the exception this year.

MACH1
09-24-2009, 05:19 PM
I thought this team learned from 06 in the off season and I really thought undefeated or 14-2 was possible. Now after 2 wks I say 9-7 or an 8-8 similar to 06. No passion just like 06, Troy being the exception this year.

:yawn: :binky:

Christian Snyder
09-24-2009, 07:58 PM
To GridironWarrior,:sign07: :sign06: :nerd:

MongoSteeler
09-25-2009, 02:05 AM
When I looked at who we returned this year and what we drafted and picked up in the off season and coupled that to our strength of schedule I thought 14 and 2 was very achievable. I still do. Your not going to get the lucky bounce and the perfect football weather every game. And we all know SHIT HAPPENS.

We just learn our lessons from the Chicago loss and move on.

stb_steeler
09-25-2009, 02:31 AM
I think I speak for a majority of long time Steeler fans when I say that I honestly didn't think we would go undefeated but I thought that our losses would come to a much better team than Chicago. I know it's early in the season but with Urlacher out and Cutler's new team I thought we would handle Chicago easily. To me it looked like the Bears wanted this game more. I think that we took the Bears too lightly and before we knew it we were in a dog fight. I always say when you leave a team in the game they start believing they can win and some times they actually do as evident to last weeks loss. I know people hate to bring up the past but this is classic Steelers of old playing down to their competition. I thought the 09 team would never let that happen.

I agree, and the old saying goes, everyone is out to beat the SB champs. Their gonna give it their best and we slacked a bit.