PDA

View Full Version : russ grim should be ours

tony hipchest
01-18-2006, 05:57 PM
detroit hiring r. miraneli pretty much keeps grimm a steeler for another year.

SteelCityMan786
01-18-2006, 06:23 PM
I like that. Another Offensive Mind staying put.

Ambridge
01-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Thank goodness for the Steelers having another deep run into the playoffs so a lot of those head coaching vacancies get filled.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-18-2006, 07:43 PM
You're exactly bro.. all these teams are rushing to fill the head coaching jobs so they can get ready for the draft..meanwhile we get, knock on wood, get to keep Wiz and Grimm for atleast another year.

Atlanta Dan
01-18-2006, 09:27 PM
These hiring decisions continue to amaze me - as Len Pasquerelli from espn.com has said this week, Whisenhunt should walk into interviews, drop off recordings of the Bengals and Colts games, and then say watch these and then tell me if you have any questions.

While having Grimm and Wiz around for another year will be nice, rushing to hire the O-coordinator for the 49ers over our guys is another example of a dysfunctional hiring process that screwed over Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel for years.

For what it is worth, this link states Matt Millen ticked off the other candidates by the way the Lions' decision was made. Sometimes staying away from some situations (Detroit/New Orleans/Green Bay/Oakland) may be the best career move.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=2297432&name=clayton_john&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d2297432%26name%3dclay ton_john

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Oakland, St. Louis, and Buff. jobs are still open aren't they?

tony hipchest
01-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Oakland, St. Louis, and Buff. jobs are still open aren't they?
now that you mention it i can see al davis making grimm an offer at the 11th hour

Atlanta Dan
01-19-2006, 11:46 AM
The word is Al Davis is interested in Whisenhunt for the Raiders job - if there is a worse job than the Saints, the Oakland opening is it - Davis is a coach killer.

SteelerFanInCA
01-19-2006, 12:26 PM
It's good to see Russ may still be sticking around because as of late our "O" Line has been clicking on all cylinders. Hopefully they can keep this momentum going into next season as well. Having Russ in place next year will just help us to feed off of this year's O Line momentum.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-19-2006, 01:53 PM
I doubt that Whiz would wanna coach in Oakland.Coaches only get a 2 year window there,even with a sh!tty team.Plus,one bad play call could be a knife or bullet in the back.