View Full Version : Carter expected to play Sunday despite thigh contusion

mesaSteeler
09-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Carter expected to play Sunday despite thigh contusion
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_644418.html#
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tyrone Carter has a left thigh contusion but the veteran safety is expected to play Sunday when the Steelers visit the Cincinnati Bengals for a 4:15 p.m. game.

"He should be fine by Thursday or so at the latest," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said today at his weekly news conference.

Carter, who is starting at strong safety for the injured Troy Polamalu, hurt his leg in the second quarter of the Steelers' 17-14 loss to the Chicago Bears last Sunday.

If Carter suffers a setback and can't play against the Bengals, Tomlin said, Ryan Mundy will start at strong safety.

Inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons is slated to start against the Bengals after the Steelers limited the number of snaps he played against the Bears. Timmons, who missed the season opener because of a sprained ankle, played primarily in passing situations in Chicago while Keyaron Fox mostly played in the Steelers' base defense.

"We were worried about his pitch count if you will," Tomlin said of Timmons. "I think with another week he's going to be ready to go with no worries about watching his snap count."

Wide receiver Limas Sweed, who missed the Bears game because of a foot injury, did some running today. Sweed will practice Wednesday, Tomlin said, though he may be limited.

Of the Steelers' overall health, Tomlin said, "We're in pretty good shape."

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

markymarc
09-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Outside of Troy it's very good news that so far we are a healthy team. Great to hear about Timmons starting on Sunday. Now get well Sweed and Troy!

Galax Steeler
09-24-2009, 04:12 AM
I just hope that Carter can keep those receivers in check on Sunday. If he ain't healed a 100% from his injury then he will have his work cut out for him.

Steelers & I
09-24-2009, 04:58 AM
Man Carters' coverage skills are suspect but what choice do the Steelers really have? Here's hoping for a big-time game from Carter. :tt::tt03::tt02:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-24-2009, 01:05 PM
ESPN 1250 The Drive is just reporting that they carter got the "dreaded letter" from the NFL that hit last sunday is going to cost him $7500 he appealed and it's down to $5000

Sorry ass wipes at the NFL that wasn't a helmet to helmet hit.

I say put flags on their waist and let's play some flag football.

Steel_Bus_24
09-24-2009, 01:19 PM
That crapbag Henry is licking his chops at the thought of going up against an injured carter

steelreserve
09-24-2009, 01:37 PM
ESPN 1250 The Drive is just reporting that they carter got the "dreaded letter" from the NFL that hit last sunday is going to cost him $7500 he appealed and it's down to $5000

Sorry ass wipes at the NFL that wasn't a helmet to helmet hit.

That's horseshit. Not only was it a legal hit, it was a good play. It saved a 30-yard completion. What is he supposed to do, politely ask the receiver if he'd mind stepping out of bounds and dropping the ball? Among the worst garbage fines I've ever seen.

Steelers & I
09-25-2009, 12:26 AM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l13/bkakers/Bear2.gif

That's going to cost a few thousand.

markymarc
09-25-2009, 07:46 PM
I just hope that Carter can keep those receivers in check on Sunday. If he ain't healed a 100% from his injury then he will have his work cut out for him.

Whether TC is completely healed or not, Carson Palmer will be going after him most of the day. I would rather see Ryan Mundy start at SS on Sunday.