PDA

View Full Version : On the Mark: Pats' time has passed

BozMan
09-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Not ready to believe this after 2 games, but at least some in the media aren't on the Pats* bandwagon.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10107514/On-the-Mark:-Pats'-time-has-passed

Rather, what happened Sunday at the Meadowlands says less about the Jets than the Patriots, who were lucky to get by the Buffalo Bills on the first Monday night of the season. For a while now there has been this feeling, accepted with little question, that the Patriots would pick up where they left off in 2007 just as soon as Tom Brady came back from his knee injury .

That's not going to happen. Bill Belichick -- as evidenced by his hilariously rude inability to acknowledge rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez after the game -- will only get meaner. And barring cataclysmic injuries, his Patriots will get better. But they'll never be what they were. Maybe now you know why Belichick ran off the field with a second still on the clock against the Giants in Arizona. I'd say he already understood what's taken everybody else so long to comprehend, that the 2007 Patriots would go down as the best team never to win a Super Bowl.

You don't get a second chance at 19-0. A level of play that close to perfection is a highly perishable commodity, especially in professional football.

SteelTalons
09-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Reality hits home harder against division rivals.

revefsreleets
09-23-2009, 08:13 AM
The major pop media outlets will take a little longer before they pile off the Pats w horewagn....but this "Dynasty" was already over for good last year...

I still think they'll make the playoffs, but they'll lose, maybe even in the wild card round...

RoethlisBURGHer
09-23-2009, 08:51 AM
I guarantee we will not see the Patriots back in the Super Bowl for a good while.

AllD
09-23-2009, 11:50 AM
None of the ball lickers was going to step up until they had a new sac to worship. Sanchez and the Jets had the perfect timing and a larger market. Let the swallowing begin.

revefsreleets
09-23-2009, 03:39 PM
As long as they don't cheat on the way to their accomplishments, i don't have a huge problem (other than general annoyance) with it...