PDA

View Full Version : Official NFL Power Rankings Week Three

mnofdichotomy
09-23-2009, 04:15 AM
Power Rankings (http://sportales.com/football/official-nfl-power-rankings-week-three/)

Steelboy84
09-23-2009, 09:49 AM
49ers and Falcons are too high.

Christian Snyder
09-23-2009, 10:46 AM
As said previously, the Falcons and 49'ers are too high.:coffee:

PisnNapalm
09-23-2009, 10:47 AM

I agree.... The Ravens though... Man oh man... Flacco is maturing nicely for them. They're gonna be good for a long time if he keeps the offense on track.

mnofdichotomy
09-23-2009, 11:10 AM
both tems will show they belong if they win this week.

GridironWarrior
09-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Jets should be higher than the Steelers. Steelers should be lower based on their play for 2 weeks.

steelreserve
09-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Niners were a surprise. The Minnesota game should either make that legitimate or knock them down about 10 spots.

I really don't think the Panthers are horrible enough to be that low. They had a couple of crappy games, but no way are they a worse team than the Suckhawks, Broncos and Raiders.

The Bears being No. 23 is pretty low too. The explanation says "You can't ignore a win over the Steelers," but apparently that's exactly what they did.

BleedBlacknGold0
09-23-2009, 11:37 AM
The Ravens @ #1 makes me want to vomit. Theyve beaten KC and SD which isnt that impressive.

At least these things mean nothing.

revefsreleets
09-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Rats defense? They gave up 17 to a completely shitty KC team, and 26 to a SD team without their starting Center and RB. In fact, the NFL shows them giving up an average of 25 points a game (I thought 7 of the points against KC were ST, but...), and ranked 23rd in the league in that category. They are also ranked 17th Y/G, 1st in RUSHING Y/G but 28th in passing defense.

Their defense is w/o it's coordinator, had some key loses, and is a year older. Extremely overrated.

By way of comparison, Steelers are 5th in P/G, 9th in Y/G, 7th rushing D, and 19th passing D.

WindyCitySteelerFan
09-23-2009, 11:46 AM
It's week 2. Crazy to rate anyone until the EARLIEST of a month.

SteelMember
09-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Lucky number 7. :wink02:

Don't under estimate the Tony Gonzalez effect. There's a good chance the pats* could be 1-2 after this week. :noidea:

I really don't think the Panthers are horrible enough to be that low. They had a couple of crappy games, but no way are they a worse team than the Suckhawks, Broncos and Raiders.

They are just not scoring any points. Hmm, where else have I heard that? :scratchchin:

SteelerEmpire
09-23-2009, 11:58 AM
If it were not for the Raven's Offense... they would be 0-2..... the other teams put up A LOT of points on em.....

KeiselPower99
09-23-2009, 02:11 PM
When did the NFL start using a poll system to determine the best team in the league? All that crap means which team ESPN is gonna suck off this week. There is a reason you play 16 games and have the playoffs.

Ravnet
09-23-2009, 03:30 PM
If it were not for the Raven's Offense... they would be 0-2..... the other teams put up A LOT of points on em.....

So if not for 50% of the team, we would be nowhere. Good point.

The Jets are obnoxiously overrated, and Pittsburgh doesn't look any different than past years apart from a lack of a running game, so they should be ranked higher.

Power rankings are stupid as you can never tell if they're giving you the teams that are built for overall success, or simply who is doing well at the time.

steelpride12
09-23-2009, 03:35 PM
I could care less where they put the Steelers or any team in the rankings. They mean nothing, but opinion.

markymarc
09-23-2009, 05:13 PM
The only power ranking that matters to me is at the end of the season.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-23-2009, 05:16 PM
While power rankings make for lots of discussion, they don't mean jack.

This isn't college football where stupid rankings decide who plays for a championship.

This is the NFL where there is a playoff to get to a championship game.

The only power rankings I care about are the ones at the end of the season that chooses six teams for the AFC playoffs, and that we are one of the six.

Preacher
09-23-2009, 06:32 PM
While power rankings make for lots of discussion, they don't mean jack.

This isn't college football where stupid rankings decide who plays for a championship.

This is the NFL where there is a playoff to get to a championship game.

The only power rankings I care about are the ones at the end of the season that chooses six teams for the AFC playoffs, and that we are one of the six.

Yep.

It makes for good mid-week filler to keep the football talk alive until next weekend. But that is about it.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Yep.

It makes for good mid-week filler to keep the football talk alive until next weekend. But that is about it.

Exactly, gives people something to bitch about.

SteelerFanInStl
09-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Rats defense? They gave up 17 to a completely shitty KC team, and 26 to a SD team without their starting Center and RB. In fact, the NFL shows them giving up an average of 25 points a game (I thought 7 of the points against KC were ST, but...), and ranked 23rd in the league in that category. They are also ranked 17th Y/G, 1st in RUSHING Y/G but 28th in passing defense.

Their defense is w/o it's coordinator, had some key loses, and is a year older. Extremely overrated.

By way of comparison, Steelers are 5th in P/G, 9th in Y/G, 7th rushing D, and 19th passing D.

:iagree: Their pass defense has been terrible.

Crow-Magnon
09-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Yep.

Incorrect. That IS it! :laughing:

LVSteelersfan
09-23-2009, 08:24 PM
OMG, the Power Rankings don't have us at #1. What will we do? What will we do? I guess I have to hang my head in shame. Who cares?

mnofdichotomy
09-23-2009, 09:39 PM
ironically, the steelers were no where near the top spot prior to the postseason. but it is just that... food for talk. for the record, the steelers wont see the top spot, because they could lose as many as 5 games. they arent built for more than moderate regular season success. they are a team built for playoff runs. still my pick to win sb.

Sharkissle29
09-23-2009, 09:46 PM
ironically, the steelers were no where near the top spot prior to the postseason. but it is just that... food for talk. for the record, the steelers wont see the top spot, because they could lose as many as 5 games. they arent built for more than moderate regular season success. they are a team built for playoff runs. still my pick to win sb.

i can actually see your point. but i think this year will be different during the regular season

HometownGal
09-23-2009, 10:43 PM
4. Atlanta Falcons. A win at Foxboro will solidify that the Falcons are now among the league’s elite.

WOW. :jawdrop: I don't want any part of what this guy is smokin'. Elite? :laughing:

However, I really don't believe any sports jock can logically rank teams according to "power" only 2 games into the season.