PDA

View Full Version : Pens Trade Pick for Cairns

83-Steelers-43
01-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Panthers trade Cairns to Penguins for draft pickAssociated Press

SUNRISE, Fla. -- The Florida Panthers traded defenseman Eric Cairns to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday in exchange for a sixth-round pick in this year's NHL entry draft.

Cairns, 31, had one assist and 37 penalty minutes in 23 games with the Panthers this season. He was signed by the Panthers as a free agent following the 2003-04 season.

In 429 career games with the Rangers, Islanders and Panthers, Cairns has nine goals and 32 assists with 1,090 penalty minutes.

Brady12
01-19-2006, 12:09 AM
lucky Pens, they get a Great goal scorer... For the other team.

SteelerDan43
01-19-2006, 09:30 AM
Well if you didnt notice we are a little low on enforcers...

83-Steelers-43
01-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Well if you didnt notice we are a little low on enforcers...

A 6-6 241 pound defenseman? Sounds good to me. With the exception of Scuderi (who is still new to the NHL) we don't have a solid, big defensive-defenseman on this team. I can't count how many times opposing team players have camped out in front of our net untouched and ended up getting a rebound goal.

Before the season even started I questioned our defense. We didn't have a defenseman with a large frame who likes to throw his body around and is able to move guys away from the front of the net. Hopefully Cairns can do it for the Pens. Overall, I like this move. I'm willing to give away a meaningless sixth round pick for this guy.

SteelCityMan786
01-19-2006, 08:36 PM
We need some authority in the Defense. We started with Gonchar. and Cairns will help finish it.