PDA

View Full Version : We Need To Score On EVERY Possession....Ben

SteelerEmpire
09-24-2009, 12:29 PM
I was just about to put up a post about to put up a post about how the Steelers should SERIOUSLY try to put up AT LEAST 3 pts on every drive. Then I ran up on this article about what Big Ben said today.... Sept. 24th, 2009....

QUOTE: Ben Roethlisberger liked what he saw in the Steelers running game against the Bears as opposed to week one against the Titans when they rushed for just 36 yards, but that doesn’t mean he thinks the team’s offense is where it needs to be.

“It was better than week one,” said Roethlisberger. “We keep making improvements. We need to improve as a total offense, though. We need to keep doing that in the passing game. We need to be more versatile, we need to be more deadly if you will. Put up points and get better all around.”

Scoring more points is definitely something that is a high priority for Roethlisberger. So far this season the black and gold have put up 27 points in two games, something they are hoping to turn around this week.

“We need to try and score on every possession,” said Roethlisberger. “We need to take big plays, little plays. We drive the ball up and down the field and we can’t score. We’ve got to find ways to be an offense that teams fear.”

>>>>That being said, I know that someone with prominence on the team is drawing the same conclusions as the fans.....

AllD
09-24-2009, 04:35 PM
He is right. It looked like they came to play in the 1st Q against the Bears and then laid back like it was still pre-season.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Holmes dropped a touchdown pass and Reed missed two field goals.

You're not going to score every time, but that is the goal.

I hope we put up 50 on the Bengals and roll through the rest of the season scoring points.

GridironWarrior
09-24-2009, 05:43 PM

I hope we put up 50 on the Bengals and roll through the rest of the season scoring points.

You’re kidding right? You expect this offense, with Arians to put up 50 points? We aren’t the Saints. Putting up 20 is a stretch for this team.

MACH1
09-24-2009, 06:22 PM
You’re kidding right? You expect this offense, with Arians to put up 50 points? We aren’t the Saints. Putting up 20 is a stretch for this team.

:yawn: :binky:

devilsdancefloor
09-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Tell me again what the saints have won since the 1970 merger? So with your thinking we should just go ahead and forfiet the rest of our games and wait until draft day? Your bitter hatred for Arians blinds you so much that you cant admit he called a pretty damn good game in Chicago. If you like scoring fantasy football points why not go ahead and become a Saints fan, then you have a reason every season to be bitter.

Edman
09-24-2009, 07:22 PM
I don't think the Steelers should score every time or score like the Saints, who will blow it again this year once the weather gets colder, but they definately need to do a better job of it. 13 and 14 points is pretty underwhelming for the offensive talent this team has.

The Defense is not going to come to the rescue every week. The Offense has to do a better job.

hindes204
09-24-2009, 08:00 PM
what is it with turning every thread into an arians bashing thread..........We are the DEFENDING SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS.........We are 1-1...i think were doing just fine

X-Terminator
09-24-2009, 08:17 PM
And again...WHY are people arguing with the mouth breather fair-weather fan?

NEPAsteeler
09-24-2009, 08:44 PM

Dude.... really? You need to chill out. It's only the 3rd game of the season. And you call yourself a fan? A real fan has faith in his or her team no matter how well they're doing.

On that note, I don't think we need to put up 50 points each and every week. In the end, the only thing that matters is getting the W and ultimately the Lombardi!

ricksteelers55
09-24-2009, 11:53 PM

Well if we do put a lot of points expect GridironWarrior to disappear for a couple of weeks till we lose another game then he could be''objective'' again

MongoSteeler
09-25-2009, 12:02 AM
Like Tomlin say's, as long as we have one more point.

stillers4me
09-25-2009, 06:46 AM
How can anyone blame Ben for that loss? He did more than anyone to try and win that game. He even took a nose dive into the endzone himself.

stlrtruck
09-25-2009, 09:13 AM
I can only say this to Ben

Talk is cheap, you want more points on the board then lead the offense down the field and put them up there!

TackleMeBen
09-25-2009, 09:45 AM
How can anyone blame Ben for that loss? He did more than anyone to try and win that game. He even took a nose dive into the endzone himself.
at least he had his helmet on:chuckle:.

i personally dont care how many points we put on the board as long as its more than the opponent.. and we get the win.

oh stillers, i know someone that is blaming ben for that lose, but she is a jets fan:wink02: