PDA

View Full Version : Children being taught to praise bho

Vincent
09-24-2009, 02:01 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5zrsl8o4ZPo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5zrsl8o4ZPo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Without further comment.

stlrtruck
09-24-2009, 02:17 PM
mmm, mmm, mmm
Barrack Hussein Obama
He said he wasn't like Bush
But to make matters worse, since his election we've taken it in the Tush
mmm, mmm, mmm
Barrack Hussein Obama
As a President he's not even shooting par
Hiring all these foolish czars
mmm, mmm, mmm
Barrack Hussein Obama

Whatever!

KeiselPower99
09-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Obama loves the lil children
mmmmmmmm

NJarhead
09-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Sickening.

SCSTILLER
09-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Hitler once said, "He who controls the children...controls the future."

The Teacher's Union seems to be helping Obama right along with this one!

NJarhead
09-24-2009, 05:43 PM
H5P_TFqUegU
:mad:

KeiselPower99
09-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Hitler once said, "He who controls the children...controls the future."

The Teacher's Union seems to be helping Obama right along with this one!

I brought that up the other day and I was told I was a fool for thinking like that. Anyone see that video being showed to kids now from the tides corporation? That makes me wanna puke. Ill see if I cant find it and post it.

MACH1
09-24-2009, 10:15 PM
I brought that up the other day and I was told I was a fool for thinking like that. Anyone see that video being showed to kids now from the tides corporation? That makes me wanna puke. Ill see if I cant find it and post it.

Yea, I seen it. :mad:

The worlds problems are created by the big bad corporations.

tony hipchest
09-24-2009, 10:40 PM
does everyone here always believe what they see on tv (or worse yet... youtube)?

this is obviously staged, paid for , and recorded by the GOP as propoganda to get a desperate leg up in the '10 elections.

if they will spend $125,000 for sarah p a new outfit, you dont think they would spring for 20 or so $50 happy meal gift cards for children of republican voters willing to participate in a stunt?

gotta hand it to the GOP. :applaudit: at least they are getting smarter and moving on to a campaign strategy that should be much more effective.

:coffee:

7SteelGal43
09-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Yea, I seen it. :mad:

The worlds problems are created by the big bad AMERICAN corporations.

fixed it for ya :thmbup:

7SteelGal43
09-24-2009, 11:00 PM
does everyone here always believe what they see on tv (or worse yet... youtube)?

this is obviously staged, paid for , and recorded by the GOP as propoganda to get a desperate leg up in the '10 elections.

if they will spend $125,000 for sarah p a new outfit, you dont think they would spring for 20 or so $50 happy meal gift cards for children of republican voters willing to participate in a stunt?

gotta hand it to the GOP. :applaudit: at least they are getting smarter and moving on to a campaign strategy that should be much more effective.

The sad part is, tony probably believes that.

Tell ya what tony, when ya find evidence to support that, post it right here. We'll be waiting.

7SteelGal43
09-24-2009, 11:17 PM
H5P_TFqUegU
:mad:

uh, yeah....I see no similarities :jerkit:

tony hipchest
09-24-2009, 11:18 PM
The sad part is, tony probably believes that.

Tell ya what tony, when ya find evidence to support that, post it right here. We'll be waiting.

:wtf:

i didnt offer up this thread, so the burden of proof lies on you guys.

the really sad thing is you think you can throw up a video of michael jacksons "thriller" and have everybody convinced zombies really exist. :laughing:

Leftoverhard
09-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Looks to me like a teacher did something stupid. You never had one of those? I had one who told us that Democrats were going to hell, all Democrats were homo lovers who should just go live in San Fancisco where all the homos live, and if anyone in his class was liberal, he would fail us. He failed me, and I had to go to night school during my senior year. I also think most teachers teach kids to respect the presidency. I don't think that's happening in a lot of places right now. If there were video cameras in some classes...

This video is a mild version of a couple of obviously overzealous teachers projecting on kids. It's not cool, but it's also not comparable to Nazi Germany - get a grip.

The real question is: "Is our children learning" - George W Bush

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UoYAspnwjzU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UoYAspnwjzU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MACH1
09-24-2009, 11:45 PM
‘He said we must be clear today. Equal work means equal pay’: How schoolchildren were taught to sing Obama's praises

Primary schoolchildren filmed singing a song praising President Obama are at the centre of a storm of controversy in the U.S. after the video was posted on the internet.

Right wing critics blasted the school for promoting politics in the classroom.

The video shows more than a dozen children dancing and singing a song about the president, quoting from his speeches and campaign slogans.

The chorus includes the chant ‘Mmm, mmm, mm! Barack Hussein Obama.’

One verse says: ‘He said that all must lend a hand. To make this country strong again.’

Another goes: ‘He said we must be clear today. Equal work means equal pay.’

The film was first posted on YouTube on September 6, just two days before the president made a controversial speech to students at the start of the autumn term.
The school has been criticised for introducing politics to the classroom

Barack Obama: The school has been criticised for introducing politics to the classroom

But officials at the B. Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington Township, New Jersey, deny the timing had anything to do with politics and said the song was performed back in February.

They said the recording of the class song was ‘not authorised’ and it should never have been put online.

‘The video is of a class of students singing a song about President Obama. The activity took place during Black History Month in 2009, which is recognised each February to honour the contributions of African Americans to our country,' said a statement from school superintendent Christopher Manno.

‘Our curriculum studies, honours and recognises those who serve our country,’ the statement adds.

The school also denied reports from a local radio station that the row over the video had led to a heavy police presence.

‘This is not true. Our children are safe and our school resource officer is present to assist the administration with this matter,’ said a spokesman.

According to right-leaning columnist Michelle Malkin, the video was posted by Charisse Carney-Nunes, a Washington-based author who wrote a children’s book called ‘I Am Barack Obama.’

She is said to be a graduate of Harvard University where she was a classmate of Mr Obama.

Fox News reported one unnamed woman who said she has two grandchildren at the school as saying: ‘This video is disturbing. We don’t teach politics in pre-school or kindergarten or first grade.

‘This has no place in the classroom. Someone should pay the consequences for it.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1215931/He-said-clear-today-Equal-work-means-equal-pay--How-schoolchildren-taught-sing-Obamas-praises.html

tony hipchest
09-25-2009, 12:06 AM
But officials at the B. Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington Township, New Jersey, deny the timing had anything to do with politics and said the song was performed back in February.

They said the recording of the class song was ‘not authorised’ and it should never have been put online.

:toofunny:

the "fix" is most definitely on.

anyways, i was forced to "play" follow the leader, at school, on a military base, under the reagan administration.

do the SF ribs suggest i sue the govt for the "indoctrination" i suffered?

wtf kinda nazi "game" is follow the leader?

have you guys just given me the green light to shed tons of tears?

SCSTILLER
09-25-2009, 06:26 AM

I haven't seen that Tides video, when you find it let me know.

I knew that quote would stir the pot. The scary part about this is that the majority of teachers that I have met are bleeding hearts, so kids are going to be having these opinions pushed on them all the while they are in school. Then, if they go to college, they will definitely run into a crap ton of liberal professors there. Leftover, I failed a Polysci class because the professor knew I was a conservative, and even wrote on a research paper that I did that "my opinions were all wrong, and all my sources used were wrong." So, the quote kind of fits because these children are going to be in charge one day. If the professors, teachers can shape/indoctrinate their minds into their liberal philosophy, their philosophy stays alive. Sorry, but that is not the role of the teachers, they are there to teach facts, and let the children make their own opinions.

Obama once said ""I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." Even the Messiah has said stupid crap. Nice try.

stlrtruck
09-25-2009, 07:51 AM
the really sad thing is you think you can throw up a video of michael jacksons "thriller" and have everybody convinced zombies really exist. :laughing:

WHHAAAAAAAAAT? Zombies aren't real? :flap:

stlrtruck
09-25-2009, 07:53 AM
I have no problem with politics being taught in the classrooms, but the agenda has to be party neutral with a foundation of teaching how politics are suppose to work (you know ethics, standards, etc), and not how politicians work based on party affiliations.

X-Terminator
09-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Whatever happened to kindergarten being about playing games, eating lunch and sleeping half the day? Whatever happened to school in general being about teaching basics and the foundation for higher learning? Why MUST teachers introduce politics into a classroom full of 4 and 5 year-olds? They're KIDS for crying out loud! There are many better and less controversial options they could have used to recognize Obama than this song, and thus the backlash they are getting is THEIR FAULT. It isn't the fault of some right-wing conspiracy...which brings up the issue of people today not accepting responsibility for their actions, but that is for another thread.

BTW Leftover, I had a professor in college who was the complete opposite of the teacher you encountered. He didn't fail me because I wasn't a liberal (I wasn't anything at the time), but he definitely played favorites with the ones who were.

NJarhead
09-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Looks to me like a teacher did something stupid. You never had one of those? I had one who told us that Democrats were going to hell, all Democrats were homo lovers who should just go live in San Fancisco where all the homos live, and if anyone in his class was liberal, he would fail us. He failed me, and I had to go to night school during my senior year. I also think most teachers teach kids to respect the presidency. I don't think that's happening in a lot of places right now. If there were video cameras in some classes...

This video is a mild version of a couple of obviously overzealous teachers projecting on kids. It's not cool, but it's also not comparable to Nazi Germany - get a grip.

The real question is: "Is our children learning" - George W Bush

That depends on what the definition of "is" is. - Bill Clinton.

NJarhead
09-25-2009, 01:04 PM
uh, yeah....I see no similarities :jerkit:

Disregard.

7SteelGal43
09-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Then you are blind.

my comment was sarcastic, WarDen.

NJarhead
09-25-2009, 01:40 PM
my comment was sarcastic, WarDen.

Ya know, I kind of thought you and I were on the same page. I should have given you the benefit of the doubt. I'm sorry.

:drink:

hindes204
09-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Well, i finally got a chance to see this video (took me a while, the Air Force blocks all the pics and videos on this site)......anyway....this is ridiculous. Could you imaging the backlash if this was done a few years ago. And Tonys claim that this is some GOP ploy is also ridiculous, reports are coming out that the person who videotaped it is an avid Obama supporter. What bugs me is the school districts reaction, it seems they are more upset that the video was made, rather than what was actually on the video

7SteelGal43
09-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Ya know, I kind of thought you and I were on the same page. I should have given you the benefit of the doubt. I'm sorry.

:drink:

Not a problem at all :drink:

7SteelGal43
09-25-2009, 02:32 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UoYAspnwjzU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UoYAspnwjzU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Interesting video, Leftover, but I didn't hear Bush's name mentioned once.

i didnt offer up this thread, so the burden of proof lies on you guys. - tony hipchest

:toofunny::rofl: CLASSIC

MACH1
09-25-2009, 02:49 PM

Nice try but no soup for you!

Next time try finding one with the kids praising Bush and his policies instead of saying hello.

Leftoverhard
09-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Ya know, I kind of thought you and I were on the same page.

What page is that again? The page where you compare some little kids singing a song about the president to Nazi propaganda?

There is absolutely no comparison here with your Nazi video. You could, however, compare this to prayer in schools. Children should be protected from those opinions in school too. This thing with the kids singing about the leader of our country is, compared to that idea, pretty harmless, IMO.

This is a case where some teachers probably shouldn't even be teaching. They obviously aren't very bright and got carried away (You know this happens in classrooms all the time, since the beginning of time, with no camera rolling or before YouTube, with lopsided viewpoints of every direction being "taught" to kids). Which brings me back to the real issue.
The state of education in this country sucks, the quality of teachers is in the spotlight, as shown in the video. Again, to quote the great GWB, "Is our children learning?"

Leftoverhard
09-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Let me add this - What is it that pisses Obama haters off so much about this video? That kids are being force fed some adult's political viewpoints in public school? Or is because kids sound scary singing in unison, like Hitler youth? All kids do, no matter what they're singing, sound scary singing together. It's just the nature of the beast that is kids badly singing stuff in unison.

Oh, here's a couple bits about adults and their opinions and force feeding them to kids.

DOVER, Del.—A Delaware state human relations commission is investigating allegations that a fifth-grade teacher told her class she wouldn't vote for Barack Obama because he is "scary" and a Muslim.

The mother of a 10-year-old student complained, saying her daughter's teacher made the comments during a mock primary on Super Tuesday last month at a southeastern Delaware elementary school. The student is a Muslim.

The Democratic presidential candidate is a Christian, but he's had to fight against false Internet rumors suggesting he's really a Muslim intent on destroying the United States.

The Indian River School District says it has resolved the issue after meeting with the mother and the teacher who allegedly made the comments.

ALLISON PARK, Pa. -- The mother of a student at an Allison Park school said a teacher's aide went on a racist rant in front of her daughter about President-elect Barack Obama.

Mara Gilligan's 16-year-old daughter is a student at A.W. Beattie Career Center on Babprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterpr ofanityfilter Boulevard. She said on two occasions the same member of the teaching staff made what she called "racist" comments to her daughter about Obama's victory.

"He was yelling that Barack Obama was going to be shot and killed. That her beliefs were wrong and that her kids were going to have a messed up society, live in a messed society, since he was elected. And that he was going to be shot and killed," Gilligan said.

Gilligan said her daughter, who is one of the few minorities at the school, was happy and excited, talking with lunchroom friends about Obama's victory the night before. She said that's when an irate teacher's aide verbally attacked the eleventh grader. And she says he did it again the next day.

"He started laughing and went over to another student, in front of another teacher, and said that 'Oh, guess what they're going to change the flag to? The KFC flag. And they're going to change our national anthem to 'Moving On Up.'' And he said some things that were personally attacking her," Gilligan said.

The school said the teacher's aide was suspended without pay on Friday and that based on the initial investigation the teacher's comments were "unprofessional and unacceptable." The school said the suspension is continuing while they investigate the complaints.

Mara Gilligan wants the aide dismissed and she said she wants the school to help her daughter, who's been the target of racial incidents.

"For her to get some kind of counseling. And for the school to try to help her out in some kind of way. Because she was destroyed by this," Gilligan said.

tony hipchest
09-25-2009, 06:47 PM
And Tonys claim that this is some GOP ploy is also ridiculous, reports are coming out that the person who videotaped it is an avid Obama supporter.

an obvious plant.

was the person who videotaped it named "joe the plumber" or "joe the videographer"?

it doesnt even matter if this is a ruse. ribnuts are already brainwashed into thinking this is what goes on in every school in america.

some of the extremist reactions to this video suggest as much.

:shout:-PANIC!!!

tony hipchest
09-25-2009, 07:05 PM
all in together now....

Obama loves the little children
All the children of the world
Black and yellow, red and white
They're all precious in His sight
Obama loves the little children of the world

Whether you're rich or whether you're poor
It matters not to Him
He remembers where you're going
Not where you've been

If your heart is troubled
Don't worry, don't you fret
He knows that you have heard His call
And he won't forget

All around the world tonight
His children rest assured
That He will watch and He will keep us
Safe and secure

:applaudit:......:thumbsup:......:hatsoff:........ :wave:

Shoes
09-25-2009, 07:25 PM
This is from the chant, and is a paraphrase from the song, "Jesus Loves the Little Children," by Herbert Woolston and George Root (1820-1895). The line in the original song goes, "red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world." If the two little old ladies who own the copyright on "Happy Birthday" owned the copyright on "Jesus Loves the Little Children," the teacher who did this would already have been served copyright infringement papers. :chuckle:

RunWillieRun
09-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Oh, here's a couple bits about adults and their opinions and force feeding them to kids.

I'm sorry, but what is your point? The 'praise the leader' song is okay because of these two nutjobs? These people should be condemned/fired just like the teachers who organized the Obama song.

Am I missing something?

MACH1
09-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Let me add this - What is it that pisses Obama haters off so much about this video? That kids are being force fed some adult's political viewpoints in public school? Or is because kids sound scary singing in unison, like Hitler youth? All kids do, no matter what they're singing, sound scary singing together. It's just the nature of the beast that is kids badly singing stuff in unison.

http://zt-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/wpsc/product_images/Obama%20Kool%20Aid.jpg

Leftoverhard
09-25-2009, 09:17 PM
blah, blah, blah, koolaid

I'm going to start counting - if I had to guess, you've shouted koolaid enough times to have achieved some sort of Guinness record. Speaking of Guinness, that's what I'm drinking. :hatsoff:

I'm sorry, but what is your point? The 'praise the leader' song is okay because of these two nutjobs? These people should be condemned/fired just like the teachers who organized the Obama song.

Am I missing something?

Yeah, you're missing the rest of my post, which you conveniently forgot to read. :coffee:

X-Terminator
09-25-2009, 11:52 PM
What page is that again? The page where you compare some little kids singing a song about the president to Nazi propaganda?

There is absolutely no comparison here with your Nazi video. You could, however, compare this to prayer in schools. Children should be protected from those opinions in school too. This thing with the kids singing about the leader of our country is, compared to that idea, pretty harmless, IMO.

This is a case where some teachers probably shouldn't even be teaching. They obviously aren't very bright and got carried away (You know this happens in classrooms all the time, since the beginning of time, with no camera rolling or before YouTube, with lopsided viewpoints of every direction being "taught" to kids). Which brings me back to the real issue.
The state of education in this country sucks, the quality of teachers is in the spotlight, as shown in the video. Again, to quote the great GWB, "Is our children learning?"

And why does education in this country suck? Because we're wasting our time with garbage like this instead of actually teaching kids what they need to know to be successful. And if you try to make the teachers accountable, or if a good teacher actually does try to do their job, the Teacher's Union steps right in to smack them down.

No wonder the rest of the world laughs at us.

NJarhead
09-26-2009, 08:33 AM

Actually, that part of the conversation was between her and I. But you nailed it yes: Two different generations of kids being forced to sing about the Furor. The propaganda (despite where it may have originated) is the same.

KeiselPower99
09-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Personal politics dont belong in school but sadly the teachers and other school administration are doing. Teach the kids dont brainwash them!!

Vincent
09-26-2009, 12:03 PM
What is it that pisses Obama haters off so much about this video?
I take issue with the term “hater”, as I do with all leftist sloganeering. Labeling people with whom you disagree is intellectually lazy and demonstrates one’s own bigotry. As I have stated in another thread, the only “people” I hate are terrorists of any stripe, bolsheviks, turks, viet cong, or islamofascists, and those that facilitate their activities in any way.

I do not hate obama. I don’t yet have a reason to. I vehemently disagree with his beliefs, such as they have been articulated, and I view him as unqualified for office on the basis of his written and spoken words, his personal history, his associations, his stated agenda, his appointments and nominations, and the murky status of his citizenship. If obama were to succeed in his stated agenda, he would then likely earn my deeply considered and sincere animosity.

Obama as a phenomenon isn’t necessarily new. Cults have existed since the beginning of time. What sets obama apart from the boutique cult figures is the sophistication of the packaging and resultant mass embrace of the “messiah” like persona. His vacuous sloganeering and apparently hypnotic oratory skills have rendered mindless his millions of zealots. With that as the backdrop, the video is deeply troubling.

That kids are being force fed some adult's political viewpoints in public school? Or is because kids sound scary singing in unison, like Hitler youth?
If a teacher, any teacher, finds it necessary to have students sing anything about the president, it should be about the officer, not the individual. In this case it would be properly worded “President Obama” rather than “barack hussein obama”.

All kids do, no matter what they're singing, sound scary singing together. It's just the nature of the beast that is kids badly singing stuff in unison.
The chant, it wasn’t a song, being “taught” to the children was actually utilizing an NLP technique that creates a trance. That is well beyond indoctrination.

hindes204
09-26-2009, 12:41 PM

Im not exactly sure what youre trying to prove by posting these two stories. There should have been outrage over the actions of these two teachers also, which Im sure there was. The thing is, regardless of the teachers political views, it should not be presented in a classroom situation. I dont care if youre republican, Democrat, libertarian, or whatever, your views should not be presented to the class, especially in a public school system

Steelerstrength
09-26-2009, 02:24 PM
As an Independent, I don't have a problem with children singing in praise of our President. I think it's Patriotic to respect the President of our United States.

Because I read news from many different sources, I came across this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/25/flashback-students-sang-b_n_300372.html

I guess it wasn't very newsworthy at that time, but probably provocative for this thread.

JackHammer
09-26-2009, 07:34 PM
As an Independent, I don't have a problem with children singing in praise of our President. I think it's Patriotic to respect the President of our United States.

Because I read news from many different sources, I came across this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/25/flashback-students-sang-b_n_300372.html

I guess it wasn't very newsworthy at that time, but probably provocative for this thread.

The event took place at that year's White House Easter Egg Roll and included roughly 100 children from Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. President Bush, it seems, wasn't in attendance during the song itself. But he was there earlier, when the First Lady read the book, Will You Be My Friend: A Bunny and Bird Story by Nancy Tafuri, to the children.

"After the reading," the Wall Street Journal reported at the time, "Mr. Bush asked, 'Did you like this book? Does it tell you about what people can do to help other people, what bird did to help bunny? Be kind to him and give him shelter.'"

HE'S A SOCIALIST!!!

JackHammer
09-26-2009, 07:37 PM
On topic. These teachers are idiots. We shouldn't idolize our politicians and we shouldn't teach our kids to idolize them either.

Steelerstrength
09-26-2009, 08:04 PM
HE'S A SOCIALIST!!!

Quote:
The event took place at that year's White House Easter Egg Roll and included roughly 100 children from Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. President Bush, it seems, wasn't in attendance during the song itself. But he was there earlier, when the First Lady read the book, Will You Be My Friend: A Bunny and Bird Story by Nancy Tafuri, to the children.

"After the reading," the Wall Street Journal reported at the time, "Mr. Bush asked, 'Did you like this book? Does it tell you about what people can do to help other people, what bird did to help bunny? Be kind to him and give him shelter.'"

You've made it very clear on your opinion of one of our Presidents, but care to elaborate on why you chose to insert the second quote?

Leftoverhard
09-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Labeling people with whom you disagree is intellectually lazy and demonstrates one’s own bigotry.

Ok, how about "messiah," "the furor," "socialist," "lib--o-rat." Do I have to go on? I mean, really, the list of labels is endless.

I've seen some unadulterated hate towards the president on these boards, and I said it like it was. I didn't even come up with a cute name for it. People don't even want their kids to have respect for president Obama and I think it's rediculous. This isn't a campaign anymore, the guy is president and I think more than singing a stupid song about him (and I've made it clear I think the teachers were over the line with that song), the message of hatred for Obama by parents or teachers (who claim to be patriotic) to their kids is way worse.

I was talking to a kid back during Ws administration who said something bad about the president and I told him to knock it off. I told him, "dude you are too young to be saying things like that about any adult, especially the president, and while your brain is forming, I think it would be wise to listen, pay attention, and slowly and carefully form your own opinions about politics rather than let us jaded adults sway you one way or another. When you can vote, let's talk."
I remember my dad saying the same thing to me. I really listened to that.

Shoes
09-26-2009, 10:05 PM
The problem is its not about America, it's about Barack Obama, the president. We don't do that here. Praise the consitiution or flag, fine. Not the leader (no matter who it is). Had it been done for George Bush, the school building would already be burned down, the teacher and two levels of admin above her fired, a congressional subcommittee would have its red meat and guaranteed TV coverage for months, every TV talk show would have expressed their outrage with an outpouring of support from Hollyweird, and Michael Moore would have produced another feature film exposing the conspiracy, comparing the activity to the Nazis, and making millions, all while condemning capitalism.

JackHammer
09-27-2009, 03:13 AM
You've made it very clear on your opinion of one of our Presidents....

No, I did not.

SCSTILLER
09-27-2009, 10:23 AM
The problem is its not about America, it's about Barack Obama, the president. We don't do that here. Praise the consitiution or flag, fine. Not the leader (no matter who it is). Had it been done for George Bush, the school building would already be burned down, the teacher and two levels of admin above her fired, a congressional subcommittee would have its red meat and guaranteed TV coverage for months, every TV talk show would have expressed their outrage with an outpouring of support from Hollyweird, and Michael Moore would have produced another feature film exposing the conspiracy, comparing the activity to the Nazis, and making millions, all while condemning capitalism.

Awwww crap, here come the "Bu....Bu....Bu.....But Bush" rebuttals!

Shoes
09-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Awwww crap, here come the "Bu....Bu....Bu.....But Bush" rebuttals!

So, are you saying if it would have been Mr.Bush instead of Mr. Obama, the media would have been just as silent?

SCSTILLER
09-27-2009, 10:47 AM
So, are you saying if it would have been Mr.Bush instead of Mr. Obama, the media would have been just as silent?

Nope, I am agreeing with you 100% on your previous statement! I was being sarcastic, maybe a sarcastic smiley would have expressed that :wink02:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-27-2009, 10:53 AM

Well said! Funny thing with politics, If this same thing happend 2 years ago and they were singing about bush???? The republicans would be fighting for it because the talk radio idiots that they listen to would make it sound like the best thing going on in public schools and people would listen....(Beck, O'reilly...etc)

either way. its stupid. Why would the teachers do sometihing like this with politics being such a hot topic in school right now..... and then again..... its our president of the united states so why is it such a big deal????

Shoes
09-27-2009, 11:00 AM
Nope, I am agreeing with you 100% on your previous statement! I was being sarcastic, maybe a sarcastic smiley would have expressed that :wink02:

:chuckle::chuckle:

RunWillieRun
09-27-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm going to start counting - if I had to guess, you've shouted koolaid enough times to have achieved some sort of Guinness record. Speaking of Guinness, that's what I'm drinking. :hatsoff:

Yeah, you're missing the rest of my post, which you conveniently forgot to read. :coffee:

The rest of your post? You mean the irrelevant part where you call everyone who disagrees with Obama "haters?" That part?

RunWillieRun
09-27-2009, 02:10 PM

I couldn't even imagine the shitstorm that would have come if the chant was, "George Walker Bush, mmm, mmm, mmm."

:toofunny:

43Hitman
09-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Well said! Funny thing with politics, If this same thing happend 2 years ago and they were singing about bush???? The republicans would be fighting for it because the talk radio idiots that they listen to would make it sound like the best thing going on in public schools and people would listen....(Beck, O'reilly...etc)

either way. its stupid. Why would the teachers do sometihing like this with politics being such a hot topic in school right now..... and then again..... its our president of the united states so why is it such a big deal????

What exactly are they putting in this kool-aid you drink? You do realize that we have all said that we would still have a problem with this if Bush did it right? And do you even watch TV? If this had happened on Bush's watch I guarantee you all hell would have broken loose a lot sooner than it has currently, and on a much broader scale. To even think this is a plant in ludicrous and half stupid. I can't believe Tony would even say something as asine as that, and here we have you the little puppet just agreeing with anything OOOOOBAAAAAMAAA and not even bothering to educate yourself on the constitution. Keep on being a sheep though, and let them lead you right to the slaughter. BAHHH!