PDA

View Full Version : THE STEELERS WILL GO INTO CINCINNATI AND WIN SUNDAY IF (POLL INSIDE)

Steelboy84
09-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Okay, besides the obvious "scoring more points than them", what may prove to be the single most important factor for beating the Bungals?

GridironWarrior
09-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Playing with Passion.

steelreserve
09-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Them having shitty run defense. That always opens up the entire offense for us.

On defense, we have to really be aggressive and get in Palmer's face. The pressure rattles him when we do. When we sat back and tried to defend them straight-up, that receiver with the suicide bomber last name would always have a field day. Although now that he's gone, maybe their passing game isn't quite the same threat, so who knows. We ought to win this one.

AllD
09-24-2009, 07:21 PM
We can be aggressive on pass defense as long as we still cover the short flats. Otherwise he is going to dump the ball off to avoid the sack.

Christian Snyder
09-24-2009, 08:04 PM
We need to pressure Palmer and shut down the Bengals passing game... IMHO:tt02:

Steelboy84
09-24-2009, 08:06 PM
We need to pressure Palmer and shut down the Bengals passing game... IMHO:tt02:

Yes I agree. Cincy is a pass happy offense. Get to Palmer and he will give the ball up.

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drink: :drink: :drink: :tt02: :tt02:

The Lakelander
09-24-2009, 08:49 PM
The single factor that makes the Steelers a sure winner this week ...

All three goof balls from the NFL Network's AFC Playbook took the Bengals to win this game hands down.

We're sure to win it now. :laughing:

Shoes
09-24-2009, 09:06 PM

All three goof balls from the NFL Network's AFC Playbook took the Bengals to win this game hands down.

:chuckle: :tt:

T.Richardson
09-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Scoring, and keep scoring, no more of the run the ball 50 straight times with a 10 point lead.

Burghfan58
09-24-2009, 10:13 PM
On D Shut down Benson and pressure on Palmer. On O Go deep early and then burn Cincy with shorter stuff underneath. If Cincy is pressuring Ben run some FFFFing screen plays.:thumbsup:

Dizzle43
09-24-2009, 11:50 PM
I don't see Cedric Benson running the ball on us a whole lot. Pressure AND hit Palmer. He doesn't like to get hit.

stb_steeler
09-25-2009, 03:50 AM

BINGO

Galax Steeler
09-25-2009, 04:31 AM
I think we need to get the running game going and keep the ball out of Palmers hands. It would be nice to see the running game back for the Steelers.

steelrush
09-25-2009, 06:10 AM
I went for our running build-up.

I think that Ben will be fine -oh yeah, that doesn't mean that he's not going to get sacked.

Our OL appears to make improvements from week to week to week -so here I kindda am somehow confident in a good or at least decent performance too.

Pressure on Palmer....hehe...that's a no-brainer. It's gonna be there don't you worry...

And as far as Arians' play-calling go....hmmm...you've got me here. The problem with his plays is that many times he's opening his mouth to call a play he'll better duck for his next move.:tomato:

Haha...serious, I haven't got anything against Arians. He's OK.

Wildcat97
09-25-2009, 06:33 AM
I think we need to get the running game going and keep the ball out of Palmers hands. It would be nice to see the running game back for the Steelers.

ABSOLUTLEY!!! Glad Ben can do it in the air but Pittsburgh has always been a run first team. We have gotten away from that too much. Let FWP and Mendy get it done!! :tt:

markymarc
09-25-2009, 08:56 PM

I think that is a key, but IMO the defense has to be big on Sunday! Sure if our offense has long driving scores that can help our defense, but they have to be solid for us to win against the Bungles.

Steelboy84
09-25-2009, 08:59 PM
I think that is a key, but IMO the defense has to be big on Sunday! Sure if our offense has long driving scores that can help our defense, but they have to be solid for us to win against the Bungles.

Agreed. :tt03:

stlrtruck
09-26-2009, 01:10 PM
It's all about pressuring Palmer more than anythign else.

Second to that is our O-line doing their job, better than they have the last two games (not that they've been bad - just needs to be better) because the bungals have hope right now, especially after the display they put on in GB.

SteelerFanInStl
09-26-2009, 02:06 PM
The Steelers have to keep constant pressure on Palmer and the DBs have to do a better job of covering the receivers. I have no doubt that the offense will move the ball just fine but they need to score TDs when they get in the red zone instead of settling for FGs. I'm hoping that we'll see more of Mendenhall.

Steelboy84
09-26-2009, 04:33 PM
The Steelers have to keep constant pressure on Palmer and the DBs have to do a better job of covering the receivers. I have no doubt that the offense will move the ball just fine but they need to score TDs when they get in the red zone instead of settling for FGs. I'm hoping that we'll see more of Mendenhall.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Christian Snyder
09-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Well said!:tt02:

sharkweek
09-26-2009, 09:05 PM
If we can get Palmer to be responsible for a couple of scores for us we'll be fine.

stb_steeler
09-26-2009, 10:09 PM

Well put!!!!!!!!!!! Man i cant stand those 3..what a bunch of jibber jabber