PDA

View Full Version : Rituals in high gear

BlitzburghRockCity
01-18-2006, 11:56 PM
There's an article on SteelersLive talking about all the rituals Steeler fans love to do, and email letters from fans about what they do each week for the games.

I know on SF alot of us, myself included, stick to our black n gold rituals religiously, so if you're doing them stick with it and dont change a thing.

Here we go Steelers :tt:

Da'Burgh
01-19-2006, 12:01 AM
Mine is not wearing my Steelers jerseys until Sunday. This is strictly Steelers day so I only wear it when the Steelers are playing. Not on bye week or Sunday before MNF, but when they play.

I also have my terrible towel next to me during the game at all times. My girlfriend must wear her Steelers bracelet, and I wear one black Steelers bracelet and one gold.

I wear a home jersey for home, and an away for away. When away I wear the Reebok Steelers hat I have and when home I wear my Pirates cap.

There's my ritual.

Koopa
01-19-2006, 12:19 AM
well i can't wear my steelers shit during game day with fear i might loose my temper and rip it apart if we lose (i tore my spurs hat in game 2 of the 2003 finals when we lost) so i wear my hines jersey and hat the day after each game. and then on wednesday i just wear my steelers hat with whatever i have on. then each saturday or sunday before i go to sleep if the game is on tv i set my vcr to record the game and then wake up right at kickoff (no pregame shows for me they bore now)

Prosdo
01-19-2006, 01:42 AM
My gameday ritual is to wear my Hines Ward jersey with a gold shirt underneath. Have to watch the game at the bar and always have my terrible towel right beside me.

madrax
01-19-2006, 04:27 AM
My ritual is as follows --

1) 2 hrs before kickoff: Tune in to the pregame with Bill and Tunch via FieldPass.
2) 1 hr before kickoff: Shower (still listening to the pregame).
3) 30 min. before kickoff: Quick trip to the store for beers and snacks.
4) 15 min. before kickoff: I put on my black personalized #75 jersey (steelers t shirt or sweatshirt underneath, depending on the temperature), steelers ballcap, two terrible towels handy (one black, one gold). Hang up the flags and other paraphernalia around the TV.

During the game, I sling the gold towel over my shoulder when we're on offense, the black one when we're on defense. After the long bengals kickoff return in december I contemplated getting a white terrible towel for special teams, but seeing how they've stepped up their play I now just use the regular ones.

If I forget to switch the towel, something bad inevitably happens. Point in case: I forgot to switch last Sunday when we got the ball at the Colts' 2 with 1:20 to go. The Bettis fumble was entirely my fault, as I was wearing the defensive towel. Also, the opposite can happen: When I switch too quickly. When Polamalu was running jubilant towards the sideline after his interception I prematurely switched to the gold Towel. That was my bad, too.

Please forgive me. It was the fourth quarter and I'd already had way too much beer. I'll be more on point this week.

Crawdaddye
01-19-2006, 09:51 AM
1. I fold my Terrible towel in half and then in half again, so each quarter has a different side up. I have to swipe the towel with my hand from the middel to each side and then one swipe across the whole towel. If anyone touches it during the game I need to "Reset" it.

2. First thing on game day the flag goes out on the pole.

3. My hat is forward for offense and backward for defense.

4. In the playoffs nothing gets washed until we win it all or we're eliminated.

5. Once I start a season with a particular jersey, hat and towel that is what I use for the entire season.

Suitanim
01-19-2006, 10:25 AM
well i can't wear my steelers shit during game day with fear i might loose my temper and rip it apart if we lose

I see some anger management classes in your future...LOL.

I don't really go in too much for all this superstition stuff, but I have been wearing the same steelers shirt under my away jersey the last couple weeks (washed, of course).

FisherMOM
01-19-2006, 11:10 AM
I am NOT allowed to wash the Rothlesberger Jersey that David wears each Sunday.
It is unwashed until the Steelers season ends.

We make sure the flag is not twisted up on the pole outside, and David wears
Steelers socks each Sunday! I have my first beer with him out in the garage.. then I come in the house for the rest of the game. Celeste (my 7 year old) and I also like to kick with the kicker for field goals and extra points.. this gets her involved in it too!

Infamix
01-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Nice rituals, I just sit there and watch with the Bettis jersey and jump up when something happens.

SteelerFanInCA
01-19-2006, 12:21 PM
My game day ritual consist of wearing my dirty unwashed Big Ben Jersey. I think the last time I washed it was when I went to the Steelers game down in San Diego this year. Last week before the Indy game my 5 month old daughter spit up all over my jersey. My wife freaked and imediately wanted to throw it into the wash. I said "hell no" and just non chalantly wiped the baby puke right off of my shirt. There will be plenty of time for washing later.

BB2W
01-19-2006, 01:59 PM
I know on SF alot of us, myself included, stick to our black n gold rituals religiously, so if you're doing them stick with it and dont change a thing.
Last season I usually would wear the same Steelers shirt, and it was probabaly like 12-0. When the AFC Championship came I went to a party and decided to dress a bit better than wearing that old sweatshirt, and we lost. I accept full blame for the loss. I recently cleaned out my car and found it in the trunk... I washed it, and have been wearing it like the last four games. I honestly beleive it is the reason Vanderjagt missed that kick.

Don't worry... I will be wearing it from here on out.

Koopa
01-19-2006, 02:17 PM
I see some anger management classes in your future...LOL.

I don't really go in too much for all this superstition stuff, but I have been wearing the same steelers shirt under my away jersey the last couple weeks (washed, of course).

lol, naw i haven't torn anything since 2003, i just don't want to relaspe and do it again, but so far for nearly 3 years i've been tearing shit free lol

VegasStlrFan
01-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Gametime is me in a 75 MJ Jersey and the bride in a 86 HW Jersey. I have the TT in full use, it does alot of traveling during the game. I also wear a Steelers stocking hat circa 1975 (it's missing the ball on top). This is gametime only; the Jersey's, hat, and towel are put away asap. (No washing during the season)

Post / Pre games we wear anything that says steelers. The TT is folded and put in the stocking cap put in the closet.

caligirlsteelerfan86
01-19-2006, 02:44 PM
My ritual is simple, I never wear any Steeler clothing until game day. Wear my Steeler Jersey, Steeler T underneath, Steeler cap, even Steeler undies. The Terrible Towel most never fall to the floor, so I must watch this after a few drinks. My new thing began after Christmas, I got some new bras (sorry guys). I noticed that when I wear one of these bras on game day the Steelers have not lost. I haven't washed it since (doesnt smell) and I only wear it on game day...I think this is my biggest one lol. Here We Go Steelers.

Sharkissle29
01-19-2006, 02:52 PM
my Ben Roethlisberger is 11-0 on Fridays when we have school....guess what, we're off this friday!! But no worries, its 1-0 on gameday...we'll see if i stay undefeated