PDA

View Full Version : Whats your opinion on Inter-Racial relationships?

T.Richardson
09-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Just wondering. Because Im in love with a black girl, and im half asain, and half white, and my family will not accept her cause she is a different race, my asian side wants me to marry an asian girl, while my white side of the family wants me to marry a white girl...im torn right now.

GBMelBlount
09-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Have 3 wives. Black, Asian & White. Then everyone will be happy.

GBMelBlount
09-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Just kidding T. It's a no brainer. Marry the person YOU love and want to spend the rest of your life with. Good luck friend. :drink:

stillers4me
09-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Just kidding T. It's a no brainer. Marry the person YOU love and want to spend the rest of your life with. Good luck friend. :drink:

Now, that is good advice. :thumbsup:

MACH1
09-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Seems like no matter what you do one side going to be pissed, so might as well piss em both off at the same time.

GB's right, gotta do what makes YOU happy and not everybody else.

hindes204
09-24-2009, 09:37 PM
I am married to a Japanese/White woman myself.....I never really thought about it but i guess it is considered an inter-racial marriage. GB gave you the best advice...marry the person who will make you happy...if your family sees that she loves you, and makes you happy, they will accept her eventually

tony hipchest
09-24-2009, 09:37 PM
beyonce, vanessa williams, and mariah carey quickly come to mind why it should be encouraged.

wait a minute... your family is of different race. if they can handle eachother, they can certainly handle what makes their son happy.

btw some of the prettiest girls i have ever seen are amerasian.

and brazillian...

and black...

or jordanian...

italian.....

mexican.

hell, i dont know... i like all of Gods beautiful creations.

NJarhead
09-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Just wondering. Because Im in love with a black girl, and im half asain, and half white, and my family will not accept her cause she is a different race, my asian side wants me to marry an asian girl, while my white side of the family wants me to marry a white girl...im torn right now.

Think about it: If you make a life long decision based on what someone else wants, who loses?

You do what YOU think is right for your future.

That said, don't rush into anything. You're young.

hindes204
09-24-2009, 09:42 PM
btw some of the prettiest girls i have ever seen are amerasian.

I like the way you think tony......Im a little bias though, my wife is amerasian

JackHammer
09-24-2009, 09:54 PM
I think of it in a purely biological sense. Genetic diversity is the best thing for ANY species. That's what gives any given species it's chance for survival. The more diverse your genome, the better chance the species has to survive environmental pressures, such as diseases and disasters. The best thing for us to do, for long term survivability, is mix races as much as possible.

tony hipchest
09-24-2009, 09:57 PM
I like the way you think tony......Im a little bias though, my wife is amerasiani currently have 5 asian employees (married to air force GI's who were stationed overseas years ago) - 2 thai, 2 korean, and 1 phillipino, and of the 8 girls they have combined, all are HOT (and of age for me to think so, of course).

Godfather
09-24-2009, 09:58 PM
The best thing for us to do, for long term survivability, is mix races as much as possible.

I agree. So I hereby offer to make some babies with Beyonce, Rihanna, and Tamara Taylor (Cam on "Bones"). Only for the greater good, of course.

devilsdancefloor
09-24-2009, 10:15 PM
T. you have to be the one that is happy NOT your family. You have to be married to whomever you choose. Your family should not see skin color but a girl that their loved one loves.

hindes204
09-24-2009, 11:00 PM
i currently have 5 asian employees (married to air force GI's who were stationed overseas years ago) - 2 thai, 2 korean, and 1 phillipino, and of the 8 girls they have combined, all are HOT (and of age for me to think so, of course).

Yea, you see alot of that in the military....my wife is the product of that, her dad met her mom in Japan and brought her back here to America...My wife is Amerasian in looks, but totally American otherwise...even has a southern accent (I met her while stationed in Arkansas)

tony hipchest
09-24-2009, 11:27 PM
my favorite viet namese american-

http://www.asiancemagazine.com/may_2008/cnns_betty_nguyen

i heart betty.

anyways t. rich. inter-racial mixing produces beauty in my mind.

inbred hillbilly whites... eh, not so much.

GO FOR IT!

Hines0wnz
09-25-2009, 03:24 AM
It's a no brainer. Marry the person YOU love and want to spend the rest of your life with. Good luck friend. :drink:

Yep, this.

By the way T, you will have beautiful kids (even though I am getting way ahead of myself).

GutterflowerSteel
09-25-2009, 06:31 AM
I'm 100% Chinese, and I'm lucky because my family only wants me to be happy with the man that I choose (except my one grandma, but she's old school, and her opinion doesn't impact me greatly lol). My b/f is white but I wouldn't care what his race is because he's good to me and we love each other.

Go with your heart - don't ever listen to the doubters - even the ones in your own family. Tell them that if they love you, they'll back off and respect the choices that you make.

Vincent
09-25-2009, 06:58 AM
I offer this as "religious" context.

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." - Genesis 2:24 - KJV

If you buy into marriage as among the most holy of sacraments, you and your bride are joining to become one. That is yours and her decision, You will walk through this life together. Your families are peripheral to, but not part of the decision.

Best wishes to you, your bride and your new family.

The best thing for us to do, for long term survivability, is mix races as much as possible.

There are several schools of thought, and abundant evidence, that suggest we share a common genealogy. This is one of the better presentations I've seen...
http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/genographic-products/the-human-family-tree-dvd

stlrtruck
09-25-2009, 08:48 AM
If anyone tells you two that you don't belong together because of your ethnicity, then you really need to determine if that person should be involved in your life decisions.

If you love her and she loves you, then what does it truly matter what color her skin is or yours for that matter.

It's all about what's in the heart!

revefsreleets
09-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Being against mixed race relationships is even more neanderthal in thinking than caring about gays being legally (not religiously...that's a different story) wed.

X-Terminator
09-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Considering that 3 of the 4 GFs I've had in my lifetime have been white, I guess you know where I stand. :wink02:

Really though, I've never had a problem with anyone in my family when dating a white girl/woman. I've also never had a problem with any of the families of the girls I dated, for which I consider myself lucky. That obviously is not the case most of the time.

So go for it, man. If you're happy and your GF's happy, that's all that matters. Your family can deal with it or not, and if they choose not, it should not have any impact on your decision.

Texasteel
09-25-2009, 10:48 AM

Life is way to short bud. Your life would be miserable married to the wrong woman, especially when you know who the right one is. You just worry about making her happy.

sherlock
09-25-2009, 10:52 AM

I don`t really understand this,I mean you`re the product of a mixed race marriage no?
So I don`t get why your family should object.
Anyways go for it!:thumbsup:

SteelerEmpire
09-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Quoting Vincent below AND the Bible (Torah): "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." - Genesis 2:24

Take that my man and run with it....

I see, if that is your pic., that you we're in the Navy once. I was also, stationed at Whidbey Island off of Seattle.... I know that there is no other organization in the USA that embraces inter-racial relationships more than the military.... esp. the US Navy. I was once engaged to an asain girl ( I'm Jewish ). I don't think I have seen a girl prettier than her since. I wish I could find my the negatives of the pictures of her.... I would develop and post some, but someone stole them when I took them to work one day to show my friends (yea, she was THAT pretty, someone stole the pics !! ).

We were engaged "5 times" during the time I was with her... But me, from a combination of being young and too busy concentrating on my career ..... she eventually got tired of running in circles....

But, I also knew that there was the pressure in the Jewish community to marry a Jewish girl to "keep it simple".....

Looking back, I wish I would have married her when I had the chance....

I can tell you that if you follow what YOU KNOW is the wrong path (what your family is urging you to do) and turn your back on that girl you will kick yourself in the rear for making that decision.... for the rest of your life..... period. .... I STRONGLY recommend you DO NOT listen to your family on THIS issue..... TRUST ME.... you WILL regret it if you do......

GutterflowerSteel
09-25-2009, 12:49 PM
anyways t. rich. inter-racial mixing produces beauty in my mind.

My sister's husband is Irish - so we like to say that their kids are Chirish. My brother's wife is Vietnamese, and he considers their kids Vietchese lol Inter racial children get the best of both ethnicities, IMO. My nieces and nephews are all gorgeous kids (...and no, I'm not a biased doting aunt lol)

steelreserve
09-25-2009, 01:08 PM
I dated a black girl once, and that didn't work out. I never went back.

stlrtruck
09-25-2009, 02:10 PM
I don`t really understand this,I mean you`re the product of a mixed race marriage no?
So I don`t get why your family should object.
Anyways go for it!:thumbsup:

I've seen it before, specifically in Japan, where the parents were ok with their child marrying a white man but would not associate with the child if they married a black man. It some cultures racism still plays a part in relationships. I'm not saying I agree with it but it is the reality of the world in which we live.

SteelerEmpire
09-25-2009, 03:29 PM
I've seen it before, specifically in Japan, where the parents were ok with their child marrying a white man but would not associate with the child if they married a black man. It some cultures racism still plays a part in relationships. I'm not saying I agree with it but it is the reality of the world in which we live.

I also noticed that even a lot of black families will not accept an inter-relationship as well....especially the upper class (i.e. as was even once stated by Bill Cosby that he would not accept any of his children in an inter-marriage ) so its VERY easy to hate.... But the good thing is, its also VERY easy NOT to hate also....

Preacher
09-25-2009, 05:08 PM
I heard it stated very well once.

Sit down, look at her, and ask the question, "Is this a woman, that I would WANT to come home to the rest of my life?"

"Will I be HAPPY coming home to her"

If the answer is yes. Then marry her.

If the answer is no, then be a man and end the relationship with her, so she can move on to find someone who WILL be happy with her.

BTW, I really don't care if you love her. You don't marry "for love" You marry to LEARN how to love her the rest of her life.

tony hipchest
09-25-2009, 06:00 PM
just to prove its not an issue with me, heres a picture of my beautiful lady-

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/monkay.jpg

:banana:

stlrtruck
09-25-2009, 06:25 PM

:bs: that looks like Limber's g/f

:buttkick:

nojobny
09-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Think about what makes you happy. And how does her family feel about all this?

I'm amazed in 2009 this is still an issue. My husband is half Italian, half Puerto Rican and I'm black. We've been together 18yrs and it's never been an issue.

You're not marrying you're family, you're marrying her. Your family should be happy you found someone that you love who loves you back. There are a lot of lonely people in the world.

Your family will get over it.

nojobny
09-25-2009, 08:42 PM
I also noticed that even a lot of black families will not accept an inter-relationship as well....especially the upper class (i.e. as was even once stated by Bill Cosby that he would not accept any of his children in an inter-marriage ) so its VERY easy to hate.... But the good thing is, its also VERY easy NOT to hate also....

Well on that note, there is also quite a bit of black on black bias (for lack of a better word). Light skinned blacks vs Dark skinned black. It's another can of worms that I won't even open in this thread.

But yes, there are quite a lot of black people who don't want their children marrying out of their race. It's funny sometimes when people get into that subject near me and they're not aware of my situation. I always make sure to give them a business card so they can see my last name is Italian. Love seeing them squirm after that.

tony hipchest
09-25-2009, 08:44 PM
found a pic of mach and his girl-

GB's right, gotta do what makes YOU happy and not everybody else.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/EkXsJv.jpg

:huh:

MACH1 and i somewhat pretty much agree.

:toofunny: :wink:

HometownGal
09-25-2009, 08:47 PM

:applaudit::hatsoff::thumbsup:

Can't say it any better than that. Much luck and best wishes! :hug:

Steelboy84
09-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Have 3 wives. Black, Asian & White. Then everyone will be happy.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha................. .......owned!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drink: :drink: :drink:

MACH1
09-25-2009, 09:44 PM
found a pic of mach and his girl-

:huh:

MACH1 and i somewhat pretty much agree.

:toofunny: :wink:

:laughing:

tony hipchest
09-25-2009, 10:05 PM

:laughing:

:chuckle:

just so everyone knows, im just kidding.

MACH1 and i are pretty tight. heres a picture of us when i dropped by to visit him and his better half in idaho last year-

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/llama.jpg

again... youve got a beautiful home, bro. :cheers:

X-Terminator
09-26-2009, 12:45 AM
Well on that note, there is also quite a bit of black on black bias (for lack of a better word). Light skinned blacks vs Dark skinned black. It's another can of worms that I won't even open in this thread.

But yes, there are quite a lot of black people who don't want their children marrying out of their race. It's funny sometimes when people get into that subject near me and they're not aware of my situation. I always make sure to give them a business card so they can see my last name is Italian. Love seeing them squirm after that.

That is friggin awesome! :thumbsup:

I, too, can confirm both the black-on-black bias and black families not allowing their children to date out of their race. I've even known a black family who would not allow their children to date a light-skinned black, which has to be the single most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Thank GOD no one in my family who has any influence on my life is anything like that.

MACH1
09-26-2009, 12:59 AM

MACH1 and i are pretty tight. heres a picture of us when i dropped by to visit him and his better half in idaho last year-

There's a joke there, but I won't touch it. Um, well

http://www.cleardigitalmedia.com/slotmachineblog/uploaded_images/how-to-find-loose-slot-machines-784700.jpg

:yeehaw:

SteelTalons
09-26-2009, 11:46 AM

I know he aint just go there... :toofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-26-2009, 12:37 PM

T,

As the father of a lovely 14 yo daughter...I will tell you what I told her about future boyfriends....

Date according to 1) intelligence, 2) kindness and 3) moral/ethic compatibility.

....Intelligence crosses all socio-economic barriers and will help a couple overcome most bigotry and bias thinking. It will also allow a person to be themself and not what others want them to be.

....Kindness facilitates a sacrificial mindset, and will help you find someone who puts mutual goals, before selfish behavior

....Moral & ethical compatibility insures that the two of you can support each other at a spiritual and personal level...and it will insure that both will meet their potential in work, love and parenting.

...just my two cents.

Vincent
09-26-2009, 01:08 PM

She's stunning Tony! You must be very happy together. :chuckle:

Indo
09-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Wow

After all of the bashing that goes on around here, it's nice to see how many of us AGREE on this issue

Personally (I'm white), I have had a black girlfriend (hottttt ! But a little crazy---but that was totally unrelated to her skin color!), and an Asian (actually Indian) Girlfriend.

T. Rich,---as everyone else has been saying---you have to ask yourself what YOU want, not what your family wants.Your Triumphs and your mistakes are for you (and you alone) to make. Don't regret any decisions about your life that were made for somebody else. If your family cares about you, they will see what is important to you and they will come around.

Preacher
09-26-2009, 04:11 PM
I don't think a polka-dot person should EVER date a green person.

Vincent
09-26-2009, 05:04 PM
I don't think a polka-dot person should EVER date a green person.

But how else might Tony have ever met his beautiful lady?:noidea:

SteelersMongol
09-28-2009, 12:45 AM
I heard it stated very well once.

Sit down, look at her, and ask the question, "Is this a woman, that I would WANT to come home to the rest of my life?"

"Will I be HAPPY coming home to her"

If the answer is yes. Then marry her.

If the answer is no, then be a man and end the relationship with her, so she can move on to find someone who WILL be happy with her.

BTW, I really don't care if you love her. You don't marry "for love" You marry to LEARN how to love her the rest of her life.

When I was looking at other people's replies, I kept thinking "Where is the Preacher? Where is the Preacher?" & now I saw it, only thing I can say is "Wow". :thumbsup: :hatsoff: This is just so true.

Preacher
09-28-2009, 12:56 AM
When I was looking at other people's replies, I kept thinking "Where is the Preacher? Where is the Preacher?" & now I saw it, only thing I can say is "Wow". :thumbsup: :hatsoff: This is just so true.

Thank you SM.

That idea has kept my wife and I together through a couple tough times over the last 10 years.

Its easy to love when all goes well. You really learn how to love when your first thought is cyanide in the coffee!! :laughing:

T.Richardson
09-28-2009, 07:57 AM
I called my "white" side...kinda sounds weird saying that but anyways, I told them that they arent going to change my mind, and out of nowhere, they called me a "N lover" and hung up.

On my asian side, all my uncles, and mom (after much debate) accepted it, but not my grandmother, and I respect my grandmother a lot because of what she went through, so...its kinda tough, but im not going to let them change my mind...hopefully she can ignore them..

SteelersMongol
09-28-2009, 10:27 AM
I called my "white" side...kinda sounds weird saying that but anyways, I told them that they arent going to change my mind, and out of nowhere, they called me a "N lover" and hung up.

On my asian side, all my uncles, and mom (after much debate) accepted it, but not my grandmother, and I respect my grandmother a lot because of what she went through, so...its kinda tough, but im not going to let them change my mind...hopefully she can ignore them..

I C. Well then U should make yourself a t-shirt with big "N lover" on it & wear it when U visit your folks. That will get em. :chuckle:

Though, don't tell your girl-friend about this ever.

T.Richardson
09-28-2009, 10:49 PM
I C. Well then U should make yourself a t-shirt with big "N lover" on it & wear it when U visit your folks. That will get em. :chuckle:

Though, don't tell your girl-friend about this ever.

and now people tell me this?! after I told her..

X-Terminator
09-28-2009, 11:45 PM

Well then as far as I'm concerned, the "white" side of your family can take a hike. Talk about an absolutely classless and racist thing to say to your own flesh and blood.

I don't know if anyone's asked, but what does HER family think about your relationship? Given what has been said about how some black families think, I know a LOT of them would have an issue with their daughter dating a white man.

Preacher
09-28-2009, 11:56 PM
Well then as far as I'm concerned, the "white" side of your family can take a hike. Talk about an absolutely classless and racist thing to say to your own flesh and blood.

I don't know if anyone's asked, but what does HER family think about your relationship? Given what has been said about how some black families think, I know a LOT of them would have an issue with their daughter dating a white man.

You know XT... knowing your ethnic background, I am very impressed. I am afraid to say, even as a person as enwrapped in my faith as I am, I am afraid I would have much harsher and uglier words than that. You are truly a class act.

As are you T. Rich. Fact of the matter is, anyone who cannot see past skin color, isn't deep enough of a person for me to care about them.

Good for you.

SteelersMongol
09-29-2009, 10:09 AM
and now people tell me this?! after I told her..

Well U didn't ask us 1st whether or not if U should tell her. :wink02: But it's ok. Only reason that I said that is because I just thought at some point your girlfriend and the ones from your family who didn't like her, would get along. & if U didn't tell her that things would get better much sooner, I thought.

I'm not an expert on how relationship works, but being married 2 a woman for over 10 years, I might know a thing or 2. :chuckle: Hey U could PM Preacher, Mr. Tony, or LLT 4 more personal advices. Listen 2 the elders. :wink02:

X-Terminator
09-29-2009, 10:13 AM
You know XT... knowing your ethnic background, I am very impressed. I am afraid to say, even as a person as enwrapped in my faith as I am, I am afraid I would have much harsher and uglier words than that. You are truly a class act.

As are you T. Rich. Fact of the matter is, anyone who cannot see past skin color, isn't deep enough of a person for me to care about them.

Good for you.

Trust me, Father, my post is sanitized for this PG13-rated message board. What I really wanted to say would make a sailor blush! :wink02:

Seriously, that kind of attitude isn't worth my time. I had a friend in college whose mother would not allow me to go with them to a theme park simply because I was black. It takes an incredibly small mind to think and treat someone that way. It's even worse when it's your own family member.

Preacher
09-30-2009, 03:13 AM
Trust me, Father, my post is sanitized for this PG13-rated message board. What I really wanted to say would make a sailor blush! :wink02:

Seriously, that kind of attitude isn't worth my time. I had a friend in college whose mother would not allow me to go with them to a theme park simply because I was black. It takes an incredibly small mind to think and treat someone that way. It's even worse when it's your own family member.

Well, when we are there over the Bengal weekend... my wife and I would be honored to share a table with you... and please... drag HTG along too. SHe has been promising to meet us for 3 years now!!!!