PDA

View Full Version : The Prisoner, One of the greatest SciFi series ever done is on the web for free.

mesaSteeler
09-24-2009, 11:13 PM
Greetings all,

For those of you of a certain age may remember a British TV series called "The Prisoner" starting Patrick McGoohan. It is one of the most intriguing, mind bending, thought provoking, intelligent, series ever done. In my personal opinion it ranks coequal with Babylon 5 as the best science fiction ever produced. AMC is going to release a remake of it this fall. I doubt the new one will live up to original.

But you don't have to take my word on how great the original Prisoner is . It's on the web for free!

http://www.amctv.com/videos/the-prisoner-1960s-video/?bcpid=2517767001&bclid=6012619001&bctid=6069547001

There are also commentaries on the youtube about it by Scott Apel from when it was re-shown in the 80's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSI0HU6io7I

Now if you think ignorant garbage like Star Wars is science fiction and think it has any value what so ever then you probably won't like the series. The Prisoner is written for intelligent educated adults and not for brain damaged nine year old idiots who failed their tests to be morons.

However if you are an intelligent, thoughtful, educated, and discerning adult you are going to love the Prisoner. This series is not for the stupid or the ignorant. Even after 40 years it's better than anything that is on now.

"Be seeing you"

mesa

steelreserve
09-25-2009, 01:10 PM
dude, everything from TV is on the Web for free thanks to TV Links. They're back now, setting up shop in some god-forsaken place like the Cormoros Islands. I think that means they have a .cc domain extension now.

sherlock
09-25-2009, 01:31 PM
However if you are an intelligent, thoughtful, educated, and discerning adult you are going to love the Prisoner.

"Be seeing you"

mesa

Hey mesa,I`m neither of the above but I still like it!!:laughing:
`Be seeing you`

tony hipchest
09-25-2009, 01:50 PM
something profound just happened upon reading this OP.

for just the second time ever during my tenure here at SF, i actually thought to myself briefly... i wish i knew how to place someone on "ignore".

the other was that wanker LITP, until i was informed that you cant ignore a mod. :doh:

:chuckle:

mesaSteeler
09-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Hey mesa,I`m neither of the above but I still like it!!:laughing:
`Be seeing you`

Well then I congratulate you on being an intelligent, educated, and discerning individual!
I watched the first three episodes last night after not seeing them for 30 years. They are as good as I remembered them to be.

Texasteel
09-25-2009, 06:33 PM
When I was living in England, I never missed an episodes, that and The Goodies.