PDA

View Full Version : It is time to give Ziggy some reps?

truesteelerfan
09-25-2009, 08:42 AM
I know we usually don't let our rookies see much action, after all, our DL isn't exactly a weakness when we're a defending SB champ and all our starters are returning... But with the seemingly lack of ability to get pressure on the QB and sacks (which Ziggy seems to be known for via his relentlessness), maybe we could put him in on some 3rd downs? Last week against Chicago, I saw big snack in there on an obvious passing down, maybe put Ziggy in there for situations like that and let snack rest a bit in case the 3rd down is converted, and the other team might run again, in which case it would be nice to have snack there in the middle of our line? Just a thought, but ziggy seemed to be doing pretty well in preseason. What ya'll think?
:tt:

Vis
09-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Are you suggesting 4 down linemen?

truesteelerfan
09-25-2009, 02:42 PM
I don't know if I have an actual suggestion....Four down on passing downs makes sense....But if we can get pressure with three....even better.

steelreserve
09-25-2009, 02:53 PM
I've seen us use four down linemen before, usually with some kind of nickel or dime package. Last year I remember seeing Kiesel, Smith, Hampton and Hoke all in there at once. I've also seen us use only two down linemen. Hey, if using Hood helps get pressure, I'm all for it, because we've been lacking it lately.

Steeldude
09-25-2009, 03:39 PM
on some passing downs i would like to see smith, hoke, hood. IMO, keisel is overrated as a pass rusher and he is average at best vs. the run. but as of now, he is the logical starter due to experience.

i believe hood has been in on a few plays this season.

SteelC7
09-25-2009, 05:34 PM
we could run a 4-3 on 3rd down, with woodley and harrison as the ends, and a.smith and z. hood as the tackles, and timmons, fox, and farrior as the linebackers, i figured lebeau woulda done that by now, woodley played defensive end in college, and harrison puts his hand down sometimes as a rusher

markymarc
09-25-2009, 09:18 PM
I just want Ziggy to get his first official NFL sack and dance for the Steeler Nation.

Steeldude
09-26-2009, 01:40 AM
I just want Ziggy to get his first official NFL sack and dance for the Steeler Nation.

i'll take the sack, but i can do without the fruity dance.

SteelersTilIDie
09-26-2009, 09:20 PM
he has been getting reps

markymarc
09-27-2009, 10:42 AM
i'll take the sack, but i can do without the fruity dance.

Okay so mark you down for no Ziggy jig :chuckle: