PDA

View Full Version : If you could have one OC

BleedBlacknGold0
09-25-2009, 04:27 PM
This thread isnt to bash Arians, even though Im not a huge fan of him. Im just curious to see who you would all like to see as an OC in the perfect world.

I always wonder what Al Saunders would be able to do with the Steelers offense.

GridironWarrior
09-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Well Norv Turner back in the 90ís did a heck of a job with Aikmen and company. Mike Shannahan was great. I like Whisenhunt when he was here. He seemed to have more balance. Chan Gailey wasnít too bad. I thought the offense of the 98 team was pretty good. Thatís the team Gailey was the O coordinator I believe.

43Hitman
09-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Well Norv Turner back in the 90’s did a heck of a job with Aikmen and company. Mike Shannahan was great. I like Whisenhunt when he was here. He seemed to have more balance. Chan Gailey wasn’t too bad. I thought the offense of the 98 team was pretty good. That’s the team Gailey was the O coordinator I believe.

What do all of those teams have in common? An all-pro offensive line perhaps?

GridironWarrior
09-25-2009, 04:42 PM
What do all of those teams have in common? An all-pro offensive line perhaps?

Good point, but I still donít think Arians would do well. His play calling has been suspect at best.

BleedBlacknGold0
09-25-2009, 04:58 PM
I changed my mind. I want an all-pro offensive line.

NJarhead
09-25-2009, 05:17 PM
Cam Cameron or Sean Payton come to mind right off the bat. But I haven't lost faith in Arians.

SteelC7
09-25-2009, 05:28 PM
i want ken whisenhunt back as OC, and a better o line

Michael Vick's Dog
09-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Cam Cameron.

I remember wanting to fire BA and hire Cameron and then being pissed when the Ravens got him instead.

Cameron had a disaster year as a head coach in Miami and probably won't get another opportunity as a head coach for a long while. He's like Dick LeBeau for the Steelers. He was/is a great play caller, but not necessarily a good fit as a head coach. The Ravens are stuck with him in a good way.

The Steelers are stuck with BA. To be fair to BA, the Steelers O-Line sucks. The Ravens and Chargers teams that Cameron called plays for had great O-Lines. You play the pass against those teams and they'll run you over. You play the run and they'll shred your D with the pass. Your defense is screwed either way and it makes it easier on your play caller and QB (Rivers/Flacco).

austinfrench76
09-25-2009, 05:35 PM
I know Arians has had some bad moments but, what would you rather have: A) An O coordinator that makes all the calls we want to see OR B) Another Lombardi trophy? All those other coordinator's were in the league last year an none won the SB, except Arians! He got us a trophy, I'm good wth that. Oh, Mike Shannahan. BTW

KeiselPower99
09-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Bob Bratkowski from the Bengals.

ricksteelers55
09-25-2009, 06:02 PM
i want ken whisenhunt back as OC, and a better o line

same here !!!

NJarhead
09-25-2009, 06:04 PM
I know Arians has had some bad moments but, what would you rather have: A) An O coordinator that makes all the calls we want to see OR B) Another Lombardi trophy? All those other coordinator's were in the league last year an none won the SB, except Arians! He got us a trophy, I'm good wth that. Oh, Mike Shannahan. BTW

Re-read what he wrote Bud:

This thread isnt to bash Arians. Im just curious to see who you would all like to see as an OC in the perfect world.

stlrtruck
09-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Go with Jon Gruden. He is suppose to be an offensive mastermind.

BlastFurnace
09-25-2009, 06:24 PM
I just want the Offense to execute better.

BleedBlacknGold0
09-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Heres another question. I know Tomlin is a defensive minded coach but what would happen if the offense stalls for 8 weeks and he decides to call plays.

Surpisingly good or horribly bad results?

NJarhead
09-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Heres another question. I know Tomlin is a defensive minded coach but what would happen if the offense stalls for 8 weeks and he decides to call plays.

Surpisingly good or horribly bad results?

I don't think that would ever happen. He'll dismiss and promote from within or dismiss and bring in someone to do the job.

Steelboy84
09-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Tom Moore

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Bob Bratkowski from the Bengals.

Nice pick. Wasnt Brat the WR coach here years ago under Cowher???

Fire Haley
09-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Me.

In fact, I'm even over-qualified.

My thousands of hours on Madden qualify me in a degree as GM.

Aussie_steeler
09-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Mr U.F. Knuckle - he seems to know everything about our running game and how to get the most out of the best back on our roster.

I am betting he knows just as much about the passing game and O line play.

Bring him on - because as we all know, he can evaluate NFL talent in just 5 plays.

Slanted August
09-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Mike Shanahan....

When he had Elway they were hard to beat on offense. Call it a system but Rasheed with a little patience would be ridiculous in that type of run blocking style.

Ben's (not that he needs much elevation) game would go even higher. I forgot the three Amigos (Vance Johnson, Ricky Natiel (SP?) Mark Jackson) all would have been so ordinary on any other team. Now picture Ward, Holmes, Sweed & Wallace.

It doesnt hurt to dream.

Steelboy84
09-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Me.

In fact, I'm even over-qualified.

My thousands of hours on Madden qualify me in a degree as GM.

Sweeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt03: :thumbsup: :tt: :drink: :tt02:

markymarc
09-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Bring back Chan Gailey for a reunion tour :tt02:

steelpride12
09-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Bruce Arians.

Boomerang
09-26-2009, 12:10 AM
Whisehunt would be my choice.

KeiselPower99
09-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Nice pick. Wasnt Brat the WR coach here years ago under Cowher???

That he was 99-00 he was our WR coach.

GridironWarrior
09-26-2009, 12:47 AM
Mr U.F. Knuckle - he seems to know everything about our running game and how to get the most out of the best back on our roster.

I am betting he knows just as much about the passing game and O line play.

Bring him on - because as we all know, he can evaluate NFL talent in just 5 plays.

Who???

The Lakelander
09-26-2009, 01:00 AM
I like what Arians is doing.

The Steelers rank 3rd right now in completion percentage, behind only Minnesota and New Orleans. Minnesota is a running team through and through and New Orleans owns the most dynamic offense in the NFL.

If they continue at this rate this season will be the most prolific passing season in Steelers history.

What's more ... we've played a few good run defenses. If and when we get the running game clicking, this passing attack will be be even more devastating. Last week Parker and Mendenhall showed flashes, gashing the Bears for 6 carries of 10 or more yards including a 39 yarder. :tt:

The O-Line is giving Ben time ... It's gonna take flight.