PDA

View Full Version : If you were a gm for an expansion team..

Big D
09-25-2009, 04:54 PM
of this list, which potential bust would you want as your starting qb?

steelreserve
09-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Young is the only one of that group that has any potential remaining. Russell is at the bottom of my list because he's as dumb as a post. I've heard the Raiders are limiting him to 20 percent of the playbook because that's all he has a grasp on.

Honestly, I'd rather just take my chances with a rookie in next year's draft than go with any of those clowns.

tony hipchest
09-25-2009, 05:19 PM
kurt warner had like a 92% completion percentage last week. plus was 2 minutes away from being sb mvp yet again.

im not so sure leinart is riding the bench because he's a bust.

stlrtruck
09-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Took Quinn because I feel he has a better understanding of the game.

steelreserve
09-25-2009, 05:29 PM
kurt warner had like a 92% completion percentage last week. plus was 2 minutes away from being sb mvp yet again.

im not so sure leinart is riding the bench because he's a bust.

Yeah, but don't forget, they signed Warner to be the backup, only Leinart started stinking up the joint so bad that they benched him. 129 yards a game and a 61 QB rating is no way to go through life, son.

SteelTalons
09-25-2009, 05:38 PM
I would say Russell... He's not actually THAT bad, a lot of the issue with him right now is they are working on his footwork, so he'll set his feet properly out of habit. His big arm in college let him get away with sloppy technique. And he seems to have improved... The end of last year he was doing pretty good, and he's done well this year in the shotgun when he has less time to think about doing it right and just does it.

So I think once his comfort comes back to him he'll be alright. The guy was benched up until last season more or less... So he while he's in his third year he's really more in his second year in terms of experience. As far as making passes go, when he sets his feet right he's on the money, he has some issues with the overthrowing his receivers because of not setting them...

In teams of actually being able to play, the guys fairly clutch. He will appear to suck most of the game and then right at the end he'll make pass after pass and move the chains to score... So I'd say once he stops thinking so much about doing everything right and just does it, along with getting more comfortable with all the rookie receivers he'll be solid. You don't see him miss people like Miller(TE) or Schillens(think thats his name), just these young bucks, though he seems to be pretty trusting of Murphy also.

Plus a lot of it has to do with receivers dropping passes or running routes wrong. But mostly to do with the footwork. So I'd have to say if I was a GM for an expansion team I'd go with Russell because he's learned the playbook pretty well and he can make the throws, its just a matter of polishing him up the rest of the way...

The other guys on this list there's little hope for(except for Quinn maybe). :laughing:

KeiselPower99
09-25-2009, 11:43 PM
Leinart #1 in the Expansion Draft

Christian Snyder
09-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Brady Quinn....

BlastFurnace
09-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Yeah, but don't forget, they signed Warner to be the backup, only Leinart started stinking up the joint so bad that they benched him. 129 yards a game and a 61 QB rating is no way to go through life, son.

Originally, I heard part of the problem with Leinert is that he does not get along with Whiz. Then, Warner came in and had a Pro Bowl season.

I still think that Leinert can play.

pancake
09-26-2009, 04:21 PM
This is some pretty crappy choices... :laughing:

1. Leinart, my first choice. He was so great at USC, I think he has some ablility to be a good starter.

2. Brady,i haven't seen enough of him to think that he will suck or be great.

3. Russell, Cannon for an arm, not much else.

4. Young, If I was stuck with him, he would be switched to WR. He doesn't have the mental toughness to be a QB...

Preacher
09-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Could I trade for a used puck bag?

pancake
09-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Could I trade for a used puck bag?

Yeah, but you would have to throw in some draft picks.

Preacher
09-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah, but you would have to throw in some draft picks.

Got a real good deal on those boys.

MasterOfPuppets
09-27-2009, 01:31 AM
Yeah, but don't forget, they signed Warner to be the backup, only Leinart started stinking up the joint so bad that they benched him. 129 yards a game and a 61 QB rating is no way to go through life, son.and the chargers drafted rivers because brees stunk it up his first 3 years....:noidea: