PDA

View Full Version : Troy Returns Vs Detroit Lions....

SteelerEmpire
09-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Steelers targeting Week 5 return for Troy Polamalu

Sept., 26, 2009 - USA Today
The Steelers can see the finish line on their time without Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports the Steelers envision Polamalu returning in Week 5. He's been out since suffered a sprained MCL in the opening night win against Tennessee.

The Steelers lost to Chicago last week in their first game without Polamalu. He'll miss Sunday's game at Cincinnati and likely the Week 4 test against San Diego. The Steelers play at Detroit on Oct. 11, when they're targeting his return.

The Post-Gazette reports that Polamalu has not elected to use hyperbaric chamber treatment that teammate Hines Ward used on a balky knee prior to last year's Super Bowl. Polamalu, the paper says, believes the side effect of the chamber can outweigh benefits to healing the knee.

Psyychoward86
09-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Lol awesome. We get him back the week when we really dont need him :sofunny:

SteelC7
09-26-2009, 06:11 PM
ya we wont need him that week, but the way the steelers play down to their competition itll be the week the lions finally win and beat us, its funny how that always happens to the steelers, the bears cant beat anybody...til the steelers, last year the colts were in a tail spin...til they beat the steelers, the year before, the jets had no chance...til they beat the steelers, thats y im worried about the bungles, theyre crappy...til they beat the steelers

steel striker
09-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Good news I hope Troy comes back healthy and strong. We really miss you!

OX1947
09-26-2009, 06:43 PM
This is great news. I thought Troy looked like a defensive player of the year against the titans. He will only have missed 3 games, if he plays the way he did in game 1, i can see the steelers losing maybe one more game after detroit the rest of the way.

klick81
09-26-2009, 07:16 PM
I would almost rather have him sit that week out too...I'm sure his knee can use the extra time off.

slippy
09-26-2009, 07:44 PM
the reality is that the knee will not heal completely until the offseason. hopefully he can play well the rest of the season at 75-90% and not reinjure it. knee and hamstring injuries tend to linger.

that said, GO TROY!!!

Preacher
09-26-2009, 08:05 PM
the reality is that the knee will not heal completely until the offseason. hopefully he can play well the rest of the season at 75-90% and not reinjure it. knee and hamstring injuries tend to linger.

that said, GO TROY!!!

Yep.

Hope he is well enough to play and doesn't do more damage. You can bet that there will be a nice brace on that knee!!

You know,

JOHN KUHN could play with only one knee!!

stillers4me
09-26-2009, 08:24 PM
ya we wont need him that week, but the way the steelers play down to their competition itll be the week the lions finally win and beat us, its funny how that always happens to the steelers, the bears cant beat anybody...til the steelers, last year the colts were in a tail spin...til they beat the steelers, the year before, the jets had no chance...til they beat the steelers, thats y im worried about the bungles, theyre crappy...til they beat the steelers

Now that's thinking positively.........:coffee:

Fire Haley
09-26-2009, 08:56 PM
The Post-Gazette reports that Polamalu has not elected to use hyperbaric chamber treatment that teammate Hines Ward used on a balky knee prior to last year's Super Bowl. Polamalu, the paper says, believes the side effect of the chamber can outweigh benefits to healing the knee.

I don't care if his preferred method of healing involves washing down his knee with virgin goat's blood every morning.

Git er dun

sharkweek
09-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Good, I hope he does come back and has a huge game getting a pick or two, hopefully one returned to the house, making the Lions regret their $40 million guaranteed to their #1 pick.

GridironWarrior
09-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Awesome! I miss seeing him out there. Hopefully he'll welcome Stafford the NFL by getting a pick 6 :)

mesaSteeler
09-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Thank you for posting this but please help us out a bit by doing two things.

1. Post the URL with the article. We don't want any copyright problems.
2. Please keep the article title and the thread title the same. This help prevents duplicate articles from being posted and makes like much easier for the admins.

Thanks in advance.

The Lakelander
09-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Troy is more important down the stretch and into the playoffs. I'd be setting his ass on the pine until after the bye week.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Well shit, he should just sit that week.

steelreserve
09-27-2009, 04:46 AM
I think they should show some balls and also make him the kick returner that week.

Galax Steeler
09-27-2009, 07:14 AM
That would be a good game to break him in on. Detroit is not a top notch team so Troy should be able to test hi knee to see what it is going to do.

onefortheotherhand
09-27-2009, 10:02 AM
im in luck, coz thats the game im going too !!!

revefsreleets
09-27-2009, 10:16 AM
I called it!

w00t!

Let him dip his toe against a shit team instead of leaping head-first into the deep end...

markymarc
09-27-2009, 11:09 AM
This would be excellent news for the defense.

LambertLunatic
09-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Troy is more important down the stretch and into the playoffs. I'd be setting his ass on the pine until after the bye week.

Exactly!

Steelboy84
09-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Great news!!!!!!!!

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

HometownGal
09-27-2009, 03:26 PM
All I can say is saints be praised! :applaudit: :banana: Our D is still pretty darned good, but with Troy - they're simply great! :tt02: