PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Denver Video

HangoverMS
01-19-2006, 08:29 AM
Just making my intentions known here. I will be recording the game on DVD this weekend. Provided my recorder doesn't hiccup and the recording comes out good, I will be encoding to Divx Monday night and should have it ready to share with everyone Tuesday morning.

Anyone interested should make sure they have the Divx 6.1 codec on their computer.

MrOtstottsLady
01-19-2006, 09:25 AM
THANKS MAN YOUR THE BEST LOL!!!! I will be ready.

Justin Otstott
01-19-2006, 09:27 AM
^ That was me by the way my girlfriend was logged on for some reason.

Stlrs4Life
01-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Anyone interested should make sure they have the Divx 6.1 codec on their computer.

What in the heck is a Divx6.1 codec?

Da'Burgh
01-19-2006, 08:55 PM

Its a thingy that lets you play those type of DVDs.

24seven
01-19-2006, 08:59 PM
It's a compression format. The end result is an avi file .. The codec allows you to view files compressed in that format..

Hammer67
01-19-2006, 11:30 PM

Google is your friend....

Hammer67
01-19-2006, 11:32 PM
It's a compression format. The end result is an avi file .. The codec allows you to view files compressed in that format..

I understand what you said but if my dad read that, he would look like this: :uhh:

24seven
01-19-2006, 11:50 PM
lol. Good thing he isn't compressing it to xvid .. :screwy:

HangoverMS
01-20-2006, 08:18 AM
I thought the whole Divx thing was more well understood than it was. That is what I get for being presumptuous!

Divx is a codec (short for COmpression-DECompression). It is what make video sharing over the internet more feasible. It compresses a movie down to about 1/5 it's normal size without a loss in quality. Anyway, you can download this at www.divx.com (the direct link is http://download.divx.com/divx/DivXPlay.exe)

Xvid (which is Divx backwards) is the same type of thing. The only major difference is that you can create Xvid files for free; you need to pay if you want to create Divx files. Fortuantely, you can play either for free. The only bad thing about Xvid is that it can be complex to create things with. Divx is much more simple and user-friendly. Quality is arguably about equal.

Hope that helps.

24seven
01-21-2006, 07:26 PM
Very arguable.. If done right.. Xvid can almost look like dvd quality.. hence the reason most ripping groups use xvid rather than divx... it's a variant of the divx codec so it's almost the same thing.. not that i want to argue.. :P

43Hitman
01-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Just making my intentions known here. I will be recording the game on DVD this weekend. Provided my recorder doesn't hiccup and the recording comes out good, I will be encoding to Divx Monday night and should have it ready to share with everyone Tuesday morning.

Thanks man I am looking forward to it!:cool:

noto45
01-21-2006, 10:58 PM
who has the bungles game ???? the copy i found out there stinks!

HangoverMS
01-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Well, I didn't have any record failures. There are a few things though. I tried to record the Hillgrove commentary to make it a second audio track option, but it turns out I recorded ESPN radio or something, so that gets scratched. Also the broadcast is a little staticy (It's the cable company, what are you going to do). It isn't unwatchable by any means (you won't even notice it after about 5 minutes), but it is apparent. So I will leave it up to you all. If you still want me to post it, I can have it done by tomorrow morning. It will probably be a little over 1 GB. Otherwise, you can look for other downloads.

Let me know.

Here's one option: http://tracker.denness.net//allowed/cf1ce0783cd81451b7d91286e5ecf54c43c5db02.torrent

24seven
01-23-2006, 12:14 PM
I have very nice mpgs of this I can make into dvds as well.. I compressed to Xvid to make them 2 700mb files but I just can't stand the quality compared to the dvd quality mpgs.. There good but when i have 1100kbs xvids next to 8000kbs mpgs it's no comparison.. Just throwin that out there for anyone interested.....I would rather send them though as I've been uploading constantly for a week now.. $5 for 2 dvd set just like before to cover shipping and dvd costs. private message me if interested..