PDA

View Full Version : DUI checkpoint tonight (for drivers driving north from Cincy after the game)

mesaSteeler
09-27-2009, 09:15 AM
(Admins I'm posting this here so that any Steeler fans going to the game knows about the DUI check point. Feel free to move the article if you like but after we win the game I'm sure the Ohio cops will just love to pull over a Steeler fan. I would not want to be a Steeler fan in an Ohio jail among a bunch of bitter, hung over Bunghole losers. - mesa)

DUI checkpoint tonight
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090927/NEWS01/309220030/DUI+checkpoint++tonight
By Barrett J. Brunsman • bbrunsman@enquirer.com • September 27, 2009

Bengals and Pittsburgh Steelers fans who plan to consume alcohol during this afternoon’s football game should decide on a designated driver – especially if they plan to motor north afterward.
Advertisement

Police will check for drunken drivers along Ohio 741 (Kings Mills Road) in Deerfield Township from 7 to 10 p.m. today.

The checkpoint – which will be at the intersection of Courseview Drive, just west of Interstate 71 – is intended to deter drunken driving and remove violators from the road, according to the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

The Warren County sheriff’s office and the Mason Police Department will help state troopers step up patrols in surrounding areas to prevent drunken drivers from slipping past.

Some Steelers fans might take I-71 north en route home to Pittsburgh. The DUI checkpoint will be just north of the Kings Island amusement park.

Galax Steeler
09-27-2009, 11:02 AM
I never understood why they tell you where they are going to set up. People can plan other routes if they are intoxicated so they don't have to go through the checkpoints. They should make it a surprise where they are going.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-27-2009, 11:11 AM
I never understood why they tell you where they are going to set up. People can plan other routes if they are intoxicated so they don't have to go through the checkpoints. They should make it a surprise where they are going.

It's a state law, otherwise it's entrapment.

stillers4me
09-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Some Steelers fans might take I-71 north en route home to Pittsburgh. The DUI checkpoint will be just north of the Kings Island amusement park.

Pretty obvious........most Bengals fans will be home long before this spot. They are hoping to pick up people on their way home to Pittsburgh. Bastards.

Steelers
09-27-2009, 12:38 PM
While it is petty of them to target drivers heading to Pittsburgh, I have no sympathy for anyone caught with an illegal BAC, regardless of their fan affiliation.

jjpro11
09-27-2009, 01:05 PM
yeah.. i don't care either. the more they check the better.

7/39/43
09-27-2009, 01:19 PM
It's about the only way anything from Cincy can catcha Steeler!

nojobny
09-27-2009, 01:39 PM

Entrapment??! that's nuts. You're driving, you're drunk, you're guilty. It's not like a cop stops you and forces you to drink.

@#%* lawyers and their loopholes. :mad:

KeiselPower99
09-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Entrapment??! that's nuts. You're driving, you're drunk, you're guilty. It's not like a cop stops you and forces you to drink.

@#%* lawyers and their loopholes. :mad:

Gotta thank the lawyers for that one Im sure.

HometownGal
09-27-2009, 02:03 PM
I wish they'd do that after games in the Burgh. Pittsburgh city taxes would never go up from all of the revenue they'd get from citations and bail money.

Galax Steeler
09-28-2009, 04:02 AM

I know in Virginia they don't have to tell you nothing. They will pop up any where and any time.

stillers4me
09-28-2009, 05:16 AM
They should have been checking thier own fans right after the game. It took us an hour just to get out of the city. The streets were full of drunken hillbillies that were sitting on their car horns like they had just won a playoff game.