PDA

View Full Version : Plan on betting against the Steelers?

Suitanim
01-19-2006, 10:55 AM
It didn't turn out so well for this fella...

http://images.zwire.com/local/Z/ZWIRE1282/zwire/images/2006/01/story/20060117_090719_1_story.jpg

Elizabeth man dons dress after betting against the Steelers

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15942977&BRD=1282&PAG=461&dept_id=182121&rfi=6

HangoverMS
01-19-2006, 11:08 AM
I'd be inclined to bet $$$ against the Steelers for the simple fact that if they lose, at least I will have a little cash for the heartache, and if they win, I will consider it money well spent!

tony hipchest
01-19-2006, 11:10 AM
I'd be inclined to bet $$$ against the Steelers for the simple fact that if they lose, at least I will have a little cash for the heartache, and if they win, I will consider it money well spent! i think the same way. i would gladly lose 1-2 hunnerd bucks to see them win.

FisherMOM
01-19-2006, 11:12 AM
HA HA HA HA!!! Now THAT'S funny!!!!

Infamix
01-19-2006, 12:32 PM
lol man I bet on the Steelers to win and they usually come through, so its a Steeler victory plus some cash. Use a spread if you think they can't win though

drizze99
01-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Yea, I saw that news clip on KDKA's website the other day. That was hillarious...

FantasyBetsZone
01-19-2006, 02:41 PM
im taking steelers BIG with the spread and MONEYLINE!!

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-20-2006, 05:28 PM
I f I had the cash at the moment. I would put money on denver. That way I know I would be helping the Steelers to a W.

SteelCityMan786
01-20-2006, 05:48 PM
LMFAO that guy bet against us. Man what a dumbass.

SteelerzGirl
01-20-2006, 05:51 PM
OMG... I would never, ever dream of betting against the Steelers. Even if they were playing stinky, I wouldn't bet against them...(lol). I won approximately $300 last week on different football pools I was on. I was thrilled w/the Steelers victory against the Colts and the win meant more to me than the money, so I talked some friends and family members who also won money last week into putting all our winnings together. I then made up care packages for our troops in Iraq with our winnings and shipped them out yesterday. Yay!

Mamaduck43
01-20-2006, 06:03 PM
During the week before SB XXX, one of my bosses was a 'out of the closet' Cowboy fan.... He kept wanting to bet a lunch on the outcome of the game.... The Friday morning before the game, I told him that my personal policy is to never bet on a Steelers game, but a bet was intriguing - - but I would not be satisfied with just a lunch..... I suggested that loser shaves his/her head and I wanted the point spread...... He acted like he was mulling it over all day - - every time I saw him, he would just laugh and change the subject..... Word got out in our company that something big was going to happen - - this guy was 'vanity' personified........ At the end of the day, I went looking for him to finalize and shake hands on the bet.... The coward snuck out of the building an hour early so it was a no-go....... I figured that my even considering a wager, may have been enough to jinx the game, so I will never ever even consider betting..... I even feel kinda superstitious about talking 'smack' with opposition fans....

DIESELMAN
01-20-2006, 07:25 PM
OMG... I would never, ever dream of betting against the Steelers. Even if they were playing stinky, I wouldn't bet against them...(lol). I won approximately $300 last week on different football pools I was on. I was thrilled w/the Steelers victory against the Colts and the win meant more to me than the money, so I talked some friends and family members who also won money last week into putting all our winnings together. I then made up care packages for our troops in Iraq with our winnings and shipped them out yesterday. Yay!

That was RIGHT ON what you and your family and friends did.......

one for the thumb
01-20-2006, 11:55 PM
I am taking the moneyline... 3 points don't mean squat to me... Good luck guys... I use pinnaclesports.com... I am sure they will also have live wagering during the game.

Big7Ben
01-21-2006, 01:21 AM
Betting against the Steelers is like.. is like.. OATMEAL ON CHICKEN! lol.. just.. not right.. how could you bet against the Steelers? I can't bear the thought! It's just wrong... he must not be a Steeler fan!!!! :hyper:

"No one, none of you guys, [press] anyone thought we could win this game except for the guys in this locker room." -Ben Roethlisberger

FantasyBetsZone
01-22-2006, 01:59 PM
steelers are going to win baby. i wrote a long nice write up in my forum. my members there are going to tail me ;)

FantasyBetsZone
01-22-2006, 10:27 PM
i won OVER 2,000 and had moneyline too :)