PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Dixon...

T Bradshaw
09-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Why are we wasting a roster spot on this guy?

He will never be a starter for us or any other team in the NFL

We do not need 3 QBs

Batch can be a backup for 3+ more years

No team in the NFL will sign Dixon

Tomlin should have cut Dixon and kept Anthony Madison
Madison excelled as a gunner on the punt coverage team, and last season he led the Steelers with 25 tackles on special teams.

stlrtruck
09-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Yeah because that would have made a difference in any of our two losses this season.

To answer your question, the reason he his kept around is as backup to Ben. In the near future, Batch will not be a backup and we will need someone to be able to run the offense or come in as a decoy. Dixon is that person.

HometownGal
09-27-2009, 09:59 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: and may I add :rofl:

I'd rather have Dixon as a backup any day of the week and especially on Sundays.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
09-27-2009, 10:06 PM
I can almost guarantee that Dixon would be signed by someone else if cut. And Batch is somewhat fragile, so if Ben gets hurt early in a game, then Batch, we'd be screwed.

T Bradshaw
09-27-2009, 11:43 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: and may I add :rofl:

I'd rather have Dixon as a backup any day of the week and especially on Sundays.

Why? You cannot find a better looking guy

I feel so sorry for you

I guess you are right, the shit has done so much better than batch, thats why he has our 3rd string QB

lol

BlastFurnace
09-27-2009, 11:52 PM

I feel so sorry for you

I guess you are right, the shit has done so much better than batch, how many games has he played in the NFL?

1, 2???

When Dixon has played in the preaseason, he has looked good. It would be a mistake to let him go.

T Bradshaw
09-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Yeah because that would have made a difference in any of our two losses this season.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It has to make a difference in our losses in order to see we are wasting a roster spot on this guy?

T Bradshaw
09-27-2009, 11:57 PM
I can almost guarantee that Dixon would be signed by someone else if cut. And Batch is somewhat fragile, so if Ben gets hurt early in a game, then Batch, we'd be screwed.

I guarantee no team will waste a roster spot on Dixon

Tomlin should have cut Dixon and kept Anthony Madison, he at least played on game days and was one of our best ST players

tony hipchest
09-28-2009, 12:02 AM
seriously...

did i just read a random, out of the blue, "fire the 3rd string qb" thread?

:confused:

hhhhell em aye oh.

steelerchad
09-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Every team in the NFL has 3 QB's.
Now if you want to say lets use him for something else maybe. Ben's pretty big and strong but he will go down at some point this year. It may be nothing major but he'll get his bell rung sooner or later.
When it happens Dixon will be backing up Batch. And don't say we could just grab someone on the open market. They need to know the Offense. Dixon will likely be a solid backup when Batch retires. In the next 1-2 years in my opinion, not 3 or 4 more.
You don't need a star at backup, but if you're a possible playoff team you need a guy who can at least run the O and give you a chance to win.

T Bradshaw
09-28-2009, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=steelerchad;668904]Every team in the NFL has 3 QB's.
QUOTE]

You are WRONG
Not every team, NY Giants, Chicago, Saints, Jacksonville.... have only 2

tony hipchest
09-28-2009, 12:13 AM
You are WRONG
Not every team, NY Giants, Chicago, Saints, Jacksonville.... have only 2

:tt:

next.

kmsteelerwr15
09-28-2009, 12:23 AM
well atleast it isnt a fire Arians or cut Sweed thread

tony hipchest
09-28-2009, 12:28 AM
well atleast it isnt a fire Arians or cut Sweed thread

true, but i was hoping we (as a collective whole on a messageboard) couldnt go more retard.

weve gone full retard with this thread.

no oscar for us.

kmsteelerwr15
09-28-2009, 12:31 AM
true, but i was hoping we (as a collective whole on a messageboard) couldnt go more retard.

weve gone full retard with this thread.

no oscar for us.

very very true, its really pathetic what 2 losses can do:doh:

Galax Steeler
09-28-2009, 05:25 AM
seriously...

did i just read a random, out of the blue, "fire the 3rd string qb" thread?

:confused:

hhhhell em aye oh.

I think you read that right we are wanting to get rid of everyone.:rofl:

IamTheSteelGod
09-28-2009, 05:29 AM
Can I just ask what has Dixon done wrong that warrants cutting?

HometownGal
09-28-2009, 07:11 AM

I feel so sorry for you

I guess you are right, the shit has done so much better than batch, thats why he has our 3rd string QB

lol

What do looks have to do with talent and ability? :banging:

Actually, I think Dixon looked better in the short time I saw him in TC and preseason than Batch has looked most of his career. Sorry - jmo.

PalmerSteel
09-28-2009, 07:18 AM
suuure. he would have been a 1st round pick if not for the injury so why isnt he starting yet! we are wasting a spot on all of them! i mean, for the love of god, we are 1-2! i think we need to hit the reset button and start from scratch! :rolleyes:

stlrtruck
09-28-2009, 08:50 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It has to make a difference in our losses in order to see we are wasting a roster spot on this guy?

And who would you have rather had sitting on the bench? Redman? Another WR? Maybe an O-lineman?

Kvnfaber
09-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Why are we wasting a roster spot on this guy?

He will never be a starter for us or any other team in the NFL

We do not need 3 QBs

No team in the NFL will sign Dixon

Tomlin should have cut Dixon and kept Anthony Madison
Madison excelled as a gunner on the punt coverage team, and last season he led the Steelers with 25 tackles on special teams.

:coffee: :banging: :coffee:

Texasteel
09-28-2009, 10:21 AM
What do looks have to do with talent and ability? :banging:

Actually, I think Dixon looked better in the short time I saw him in TC and preseason than Batch has looked most of his career. Sorry - jmo.

I would be very uncomfortable with Batch being the only backup to Ben, as well. Dixon has shown a huge amount of talent.

revefsreleets
09-28-2009, 11:26 AM
My God I just felt 10 IQ points sucked right out of my head by this lunacy.

This is just one more reason to REALLY hate losses...

MattsMe
09-28-2009, 11:48 AM
The real question is, why didn't we cut Dennis Dixon in the preseason and leave a roster spot open to try and sign Michael Vick? :flap:

X-Terminator
09-28-2009, 12:34 PM
And this, ladies and gents, is yet another reason why this board completely sucks when the Steelers lose.

Do some of you people actually think before you post idiocy like this?