PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still want to deny this is 2006 all over again?

Edman
09-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Hoo boy is this week going to suck. And it's only going to get uglier from here folks as the season goes on.

20-9 Fourth Quarter lead. BLOWN.
Turtling when the game still wasn't over.
Can't finish drives.
Interceptions.
Pick-sixes.
Dropped balls.
Piss poor decision making.
And a Defense that just got gutted inside out by the Bengals.

Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers. Better stick to 2008 highlights and wait for next year. Because this team is just not feeling it this year. It's a victory lap season for them. They're full and happy.

The most I can hope from this team is that they suck worse than the 2006 bunch to get a higher draft pick.

MACH1
09-27-2009, 06:11 PM
http://www.lasplash.com/uploads/1/chicken_little.jpg

SteelersinCA
09-27-2009, 06:11 PM
People can poo-poo all they want that the sky is falling but the fact of the matter is this D sucks without Troy. Two game winning drives just picking apart the D with absolutely no pressure on the QB in back to back weeks. I don't care how bad the QB on the opposing team is, in the NFL if you give him time he will beat you.

X-Terminator
09-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Yep...a LONG week indeed...

Steelillini
09-27-2009, 06:12 PM
The Sweed drop and the crappy play calling the last time we had the ball was pathetic plus our defense sucks with Carter in there. Two 4th qtr leads given up in back to back weeks. We turtled up with the back to back runs after we picked up 1 1st down........

WindyCitySteelerFan
09-27-2009, 06:13 PM
It is most certainly a really bad feeling of deja-vu this year.

SmashmouthFootball
09-27-2009, 06:14 PM
The defense is bad without Troy Polamalu. Not even respectable, to be honest. They just crumble whenever they fae a tough situation. It's sad to see. We need you back Troy!

SteelersinCA
So much for Arians sucks threads, let's talk about the D blowing the dog.

RunWillieRun
The D is shades of its former self and I don't think it is just because Troy is out...They are a step slower this year and my realistic expectations for this team have declined significantly in light of these pathetic performances over the past two weeks.

Championship teams find ways to win close games...not piss them away in the 4th quarter.

If not for a coin toss we could easily be 0-3 right now.

But other than that, Good effort this week, fellas!....Really...way to be!

Nighthawk
09-27-2009, 06:15 PM
People can make the exuse and say our defense sucks without Troy in there, but really they have been getting absolutely NO PRESSURE on the QB's. I don't think Troy alone could fix that problem. Teams have been able to run on us so far. Those are the biggest things I've seen other then trying to blame Tyrone Carter for not being Troy P. Everyone is practically the same except for Troy and Foote out and Carter and Timmons in.

I'm wondering if them trying to Scheme to help Timmons show his skill-set is actually hurting our defense right now.

SteelersinCA
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
The D is shades of its former self and I don't think it is just because Troy is out...They are a step slower this year and my realistic expectations for this team have declined significantly in light of these pathetic performances over the past two weeks.

Championship teams find ways to win close games...not piss them away in the 4th quarter.

Quoted for truth.

Steel_Bus_24
09-27-2009, 06:17 PM
you cannot deny the resemblance...

I got an icky feeling when Ward fumbled against the Titans

Plus Cowher was on the cover of an EA game and so is Troy thi year lol....

Unlike that year, Im not going to blow a gasket evey time we come and play with our thumbs up our butts and let mediocre teams beat us

GodofGridiron
Why did we stop throwing the ball ? Why did we fall into that run-run-pass pattern the last few drives in this game.

We were churning out the yards all game long until the 4th quarter when we decided to change up....

Ima say it. I want Arians ass gone.NOW!!! And i dont wanna hear anybody try and defend him. This was as pathetic of an alteration of a game plan that ive seen from a team with the caliber of athletes we have.

feuerstarta
im calling a 10 loss season. ofensive line starts off good but then second half bites it. The play calling in the redzone sucks. Until we get a whole new line that can play 4 quarters... I dont know I am just done watching them this season.

OneForTheToe
09-27-2009, 06:19 PM

But other than that, Good effort this week, fellas!....Really...way to be!

If not for a missed field goal last week we could be 2- 1. If not for a INT returned for a TD, or a dropped TD by Sweed, this week we could be 2-1 or 3-0. I'm not blind to our issues, but to I'll wait to leap off the cliff.

Scott La Rock
09-27-2009, 06:21 PM
A waterboy here but life long Steeler for my whole life ! Im 42 ! I sit here and read most all your post ! Tripping on most your negativity ! Today Im going to join you all and say im embarrased ! We looked horrible !Our Defense was terrible ! Thank GOD for next weeks.

LETS GO STEELERS !

RunWillieRun
09-27-2009, 06:22 PM
if not for a missed fielg goal we could be 2- 1. I'm not blind to our issues, but to I'll wait to leap off the cliff.

Very true. I'm not ready the leap yet either, I'm just lowering my expectations so I don't feel the need to get close to the cliff later this season.

GodofGridiron
Everyone is harp on the defense and they have their share of blame, but the reality of it is they shut this Bengal team down for an entire and half. A Half that shouldve seen our offense get some separation. How many times are we gonna settle for FG's in the red zone. We shouldve put up not less than 35 pts this game. We left way too many points on the field.

The D will struggle at times without Troy, but the offense is gonna have to take up some slack too in his absence and produce more TD's and less FG's. Shouldnt have even come down to the defense having to make a game saving stop.

ohiosteelerfan20
This is nothing like 2006. Ben looked terrible that year. Looks good this year. Its week 3. September. I have faith it will get better.

SteelersinCA
09-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Everyone is harp on the defense and they have their share of blame, but the reality of it is they shut this Bengal team down for an entire and half. A Half that shouldve seen our offense get some separation. How many times are we gonna settle for FG's in the red zone. We shouldve put up not less than 35 pts this game. We left way too many points on the field.

The D will struggle at times without Troy, but the offense is gonna have to take up some slack too in his absence and produce more TD's and less FG's. Shouldnt have even come down to the defense having to make a game saving stop.

Only problem, there are two halves in football.

BozMan
09-27-2009, 06:24 PM
I didn't get to watch any of the game, just ESPN GameCast. How did William Gay do? The lack of Troy has been well discussed, but do we miss McFadden?

X-Terminator
Why did we stop throwing the ball ? Why did we fall into that run-run-pass pattern the last few drives in this game.

We were churning out the yards all game long until the 4th quarter when we decided to change up....

Ima say it. I want Arians ass gone.NOW!!! And i dont wanna hear anybody try and defend him. This was as pathetic of an alteration of a game plan that ive seen from a team with the caliber of athletes we have.

Don't you even blame BA for this loss. No effing way. They decided to play close to the vest because they thought the defense would do their job and keep the Bengals from scoring. They didn't, and they lost.

Should have known someone would do this. BA called a damn good game all day long.

OneForTheToe
im calling a 10 loss season. ofensive line starts off good but then second half bites it. The play calling in the redzone sucks. Until we get a whole new line that can play 4 quarters... I dont know I am just done watching them this season.

See ya next year then .... and if are are sitting 8 - 4 by the 12th week you won't be here? right?

Steel_12
09-27-2009, 06:25 PM
The defense is bad without Troy Polamalu. Not even respectable, to be honest. They just crumble whenever they fae a tough situation. It's sad to see. We need you back Troy!

I wouldn't say the defense is bad...we held them to under 10 points for 3 quarters. They do need to finish games though but so does the offense.

7SteelGal43
09-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Dear OP,

I'm no tready to call this '06 all over again a mere 3 games in. Give our boys a chance to regroup and take care of business. :tt03:

X-Terminator

Looks like we got another one here.

Don't hurt yourself jumping off that bandwagon. And NO, you will NOT be allowed back on when the team turns things around.

I hear the Bengals can use another fan. Go root for them. Just make sure you turn in your Terrible Towel on your way out.

Crow-Magnon
I know 1-2 is not as good as 2-1 or 3-0, but isn't it a little early to be throwing in the Terrible Towel? Cincy is a substantially better team this year than last.

They ain't Cleveland.

Nighthawk
09-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Only problem, there are two halves in football.

Beat me to it. This team hasn't been able to play 60 minutes of complete football the past couple of games. I refuse to believe Troy P being out is what has turned our defense of last year into what it has been this year. We should have had some fall off, but not this kind of fall off that we saw in the 2nd half.

SmashmouthFootball
09-27-2009, 06:28 PM
I wouldn't say the defense is bad...we held them to under 10 points for 3 quarters. They do need to finish games though but so does the offense.

The defense has given up a ridiculous amount of 4th quarter points, when it matters most.

I'm confident we'd be 3-0 right now if Troy didn't get hurt. It's alarming how much one guy means to this defense, we really are mediocre without him.

Fordy
09-27-2009, 06:30 PM
It does feel eerily similiar to 2006 so far. However there is still time to turn things around! All it takes is a big win vs. San diego next week and we will be back on the right track with Polamalu returning soon after.

GridironWarrior
09-27-2009, 06:31 PM
I didn't get to watch any of the game, just ESPN GameCast. How did William Gay do? The lack of Troy has been well discussed, but do we miss McFadden?

Gay looked fine, it just seems our pass rush is kind of stuck. The gameplan on O was good. Sweed had a drop that hurt us though. We just need to get our pass rush going.

X-Terminator
09-27-2009, 06:33 PM
I know 1-2 is not as good as 2-1 or 3-0, but isn't it a little early to be throwing in the Terrible Towel? Cincy is a substantially better team this year than last.

They ain't Cleveland.

Nah, Crow. According to the masses, the season actually ended last week. :coffee:

I am very disappointed in this loss today as I felt it was a game they could have and should have won. But no way in HELL am I going to pull a feuerstarta and give up on my team 3 weeks in. No effing way.

MACH1

They ain't Cleveland.

It takes a raven fan to make some sense.

A couple loss's and their jumping off the bandwagon already. At least we haven't been mathematically eliminated yet. :coffee:

JackHammer
I'm not counting us out until we're mathematically out of it.

Edman

This loss is definately on Airhead.

Like I've said all week. This Defense, especially without Troy, is severely weakened over last year's group. They NEED help. Arians continues to think with this retarded mindset that it's going to save his ass so he can play his stupid gimmicky offensive schemes and lay his foot off the pedal except when we're really in trouble.

Once again, we don't bother to implement the No-Huddle at all. We play not to lose and force the Defense to bail us out. The 2008 defense is not here anymore. Get your ass in gear and get some points on the board.

We won XLIII in SPITE of Arians, not because of him. Easily among the worst OC's in the game today.

GodofGridiron
09-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Don't you even blame BA for this loss. No effing way. They decided to play close to the vest because they thought the defense would do their job and keep the Bengals from scoring. They didn't, and they lost.

Should have known someone would do this. BA called a damn good game all day long.

Why keep relying on the defense ??? DO YOUR FREAKING JOB!!! Dont worry about anyone else.

We had a lot of success throwing the ball today and Cincy didnt make any adjustments to stop it. We stopped ourselves (goin conservative). Run-run-pass on consecutive series. What in the hell is that about ? Close to the vest ? Im gonna throw u a line from Herm Edwards--YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME !!! You cant have success playing scared or conservative in this league. I betcha we see that friggin bubble screen again next week too.

And that "BA called a good game is BS"--(you scheme for what works 60 MINUTES). The last couple series supported that. All this guy is is a serviceable coordinator. Nothing more.

But stop expecting the defense to bail you out. AND CLOSE THE DEAL with the playcalling and execution on the other end TIL THE END.

Edman
09-27-2009, 06:38 PM
There is a REASON why the Steelers were counted out this week, and why they will be counted out the rest of the year. THIS is the reason. Seriously, the Bengals?

Steel_12
09-27-2009, 06:39 PM
We should be a pass first offense. There is no reason to run the ball when we can barely run the ball. We had some success today but our passing game is way ahead of the running game. We don't use it enough.

Poz911
It certainly DOES NOT look promising next week against the chargers. The chargers are stronger than the bengals........ We're in trouble.....

X-Terminator
Why keep relying on the defense ??? DO YOUR FREAKING JOB!!! Dont worry about anyone else.

We had a lot of success throwing the ball today and Cincy didnt make any adjustments to stop it. We stopped ourselves (goin conservative). Run-run-pass on consecutive series. What in the hell is that about ? Close to the vest ? Im gonna throw u a line from Herm Edwards--YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME !!! You cant have success playing scared or conservative in this league. I betcha we see that friggin bubble screen again next week too.

And that "BA called a good game is BS"--(you scheme for what works 60 MINUTES). The last couple series supported that. All this guy is is a serviceable coordinator. Nothing more.

But stop expecting the defense to bail you out. AND CLOSE THE DEAL with the playcalling and execution on the other end TIL THE END.

So the D gets no blame whatsoever from you, am I correct? It's all BA and the offense's fault, correct?

I don't give a damn what happened before the 4th quarter. When you are up by 11 points with 10 minutes left, your defense needs to step up and get the job done. Period.

SO sick of BA being blamed every damn time the team loses.

Texasteel
09-27-2009, 06:40 PM

I was expecting some real dumb comments, this one is more than even I expected.

Jaquila
09-27-2009, 06:42 PM
this is not a 06 season.
06: 8-8
09: 1-2!! its not over yet!!
I just think you drama queens should go root the Pats.
its not losing or hangover season... its cleaning out the bandwagon...

SteelTalons
09-27-2009, 06:44 PM
this is not a 06 season.

Damn right! :tt03:

Steel_Bus_24
09-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Next week the D will play good but our O will stink it up

We haven't clicked together on both sides of the ball hardly at all

Thats what is most disturbing about the resemblance to 2006.

Poz911
09-27-2009, 06:46 PM
this is not a 06 season.

:blah: :blah: :blah:

Has nothing to do about a bandwagon..... Did you see them play??? clearly they have issues that need to be addressed. This is all just venting as we all expect more from this team.

Steelboy84
09-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Yep...a LONG week indeed...

I don't even want to get up tomorrow.

Steel_12
09-27-2009, 06:48 PM

My phone is in my car and I know I will have at least 20 texts from people talkin trash lol...it's been a bad weekend :mad:

Edman
09-27-2009, 06:48 PM
So the D gets no blame whatsoever from you, am I correct? It's all BA and the offense's fault, correct?

I don't give a damn what happened before the 4th quarter. When you are up by 11 points with 10 minutes left, your defense needs to step up and get the job done. Period.

XT, we all know the Defense has choked this game away today. They deserve the blame. But you can't deny the conservative gameplan shift in the last minutes of the game didn't play a role. The Steelers O had the Bengals on the ropes the majority of the game and took the ball out of our best player (Ben), to fall on a run game that doesn't have the luxury of Jerome Bettis. We're not a running team anymore. WE have to step out of this damn Cowher-era conservatism. Yes, the D didn't play 60 minutes. But that's no excuse for the O to not do the same. Put the gas on the pedal and don't stop.

We should've seen by the Titans game that this Defense is not what it used to be without Troy.

Poz911
09-27-2009, 06:50 PM
XT, we all know the Defense has choked this game away today. They deserve the blame. But you can't deny the conservative gameplan shift in the last minutes of the game didn't play a role. The Steelers O had the Bengals on the ropes the majority of the game and took the ball out of our best player (Ben), to fall on a run game that doesn't have the luxury of Jerome Bettis. We're not a running team anymore. WE have to step out of this damn Cowher-era conservatism.

We should've seen by the Titans game that this Defense is not what it used to be without Troy.

agree with you 100%

PalmerSteel
i should avoid these forums after a loss but here it goes:
1 - its official - limas sweed is officially behind in his progression and had wallace pass him on the depth chart today.
2 - our kicker is on a 2 week hangover.
3 - our D shows how bad we miss polamalu, not only his play but his silent assassin leadership on the field.

4 - MOST IMPORTANTLY - EVERY TEAM HAS AT LEAST A COUPLE BAD GAMES A YEAR. WE JUST HAD OUR 2. TIME TO STEP IT UP. NEXT....

Texasteel

The offense gave the defense a lead that they should have been able to hold on to. They didn't. Blaming Cincy's scoring drives on the offense is a little foolish.

X-Terminator

Has nothing to do about a bandwagon..... Did you see them play??? clearly they have issues that need to be addressed. This is all just venting as we all expect more from this team.

Venting my ass. We have people literally giving up in week freaking 3.

I love my team and want to see them win, but I hope we have a bad season if for no other reason than to clear out the bandwagon.

X-Terminator
09-27-2009, 06:53 PM
XT, we all know the Defense has choked this game away today. They deserve the blame. But you can't deny the conservative gameplan shift in the last minutes of the game didn't play a role. The Steelers O had the Bengals on the ropes the majority of the game and took the ball out of our best player (Ben), to fall on a run game that doesn't have the luxury of Jerome Bettis. We're not a running team anymore. WE have to step out of this damn Cowher-era conservatism. Yes, the D didn't play 60 minutes. But that's no excuse for the O to not do the same. Put the gas on the pedal and don't stop.

Sorry, but I don't mind the playcalling. I just don't. If they start slinging the ball all over the place and Ben throws another pick-6, these same people would give BA crap over being too aggressive. The man cannot win with you people no matter what he does.

The defense blew the lead, plain and simple. Pinning it all on the offense is giving them an unjustified free pass.

Texasteel
09-27-2009, 06:53 PM

So using your logic we should fire both the OC and the DC.

GodofGridiron
09-27-2009, 06:55 PM

X..read my post again. I didnt say the D doesnt get any blame. Of course they folded on critical 3rd and 4th down plays, but when is this offense of ours going to fly hi and mightily and give us a substantial cushion ? This team was moving up and down the field almost at will......we were rockin and rollin til we pulled the needle off the record.

This defense is gonna struggle some days even with Troy. This offense is potent. As potent as ive seen since ive been watching Steeler ball (for 33 years) and theres no damn reason we shouldnt have whipped Chi-towns ass last week and sealed the deal by 3rd qtrs end today. And if you were coordinator and decided to pull back from what was successful, id be callin for your head too. This makes no sense.

Yeah, and im just as sick of all the Arians apologists. Play (calling) aggressive, attacking football for 60 minutes and ill be content and shut my mouth. Play scared or close to the vest and ill take issue with it.

Dont take offense to anything ive said brotha..just tellin it how i see it. Its an opinion..

The Duke
09-27-2009, 06:56 PM

I'll be up at six AM with a smile on my face

Steelers don't rule my life

SteelerEmpire
09-27-2009, 06:56 PM
The Defense just gave Palmer too much time to pass..... Bottom line.....

Jaquila
09-27-2009, 06:57 PM

as a matter of fact, yes i saw them play and I didnt see anything much more serious than last season and we won a SB that season.

it hurts so much losing to the Bungles. especially when I feel we should've won that game, But calling the season over after 3 games is just sad.

Texasteel
09-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Venting my ass. We have people literally giving up in week freaking 3.

I love my team and want to see them win, but I hope we have a bad season if for no other reason than to clear out the bandwagon.

I will give the venting excuse the rest of the day, but you and I both know that there are several that seem to enjoy these loses so they can bitch about someone their just don't like.

X-Terminator
09-27-2009, 07:02 PM
X..read my post again. I didnt say the D doesnt get any blame. Of course they folded on critical 3rd and 4th down plays, but when is this offense of ours going to fly hi and mightily and give us a substantial cushion ? This team was moving up and down the field almost at will......we were rockin and rollin til we pulled the needle off the record.

This defense is gonna struggle some days even with Troy. This offense is potent. As potent as ive seen since ive been watching Steeler ball (for 33 years) and theres no damn reason we shouldnt have whipped Chi-towns ass last week and sealed the deal by 3rd qtrs end today. And if you were coordinator and decided to pull back from what was successful, id be callin for your head too. This makes no sense.

Yeah, and im just as sick of all the Arians apologists. Play (calling) aggressive, attacking football for 60 minutes and ill be content and shut my mouth. Play scared or close to the vest and ill take issue with it.

Dont take offense to anything ive said brotha..just tellin it how i see it. Its an opinion..

And as I said in response to Edman, if they do play it aggressive and Ben throws another pick-6, you and the rest of the Arians haters would get all over him for that. No matter what the man does, it's always wrong in your eyes.

Yes, the offense should have had more points than they did. I said that all damn game long. But I am not going to overlook the FACT that despite all that, they were still in great position to win the game and the defense let them down. Because the bottom line to me is winning - I don't give a damn about the stats.

stb_steeler
09-27-2009, 07:02 PM
2 weeks in a row with points left on the field....Also you cant leave it up to the defense week after week to hold em back....This should have been a much higher scoring game. Im still not convinced on Limas Sweed....2 dropped pass's for 6....What more could they expect with all the time Ben had today....No excuse this time.

Shoes
09-27-2009, 07:07 PM

I suggest you speak with someone to help you get life's priorities in order.

Steelboy84
09-27-2009, 07:12 PM
I suggest you speak with someone to help you get life's priorities in order.

Never said I wouldn't, I said I didn't want to. Pretty sure most on here are pissed tonight.

I suggest you learn to comprehend a statement and learn how to read.

Shoes
09-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Never said I wouldn't, I said I didn't want to. Pretty sure most on here are pissed tonight.

I suggest you learn to comprehend a statement and learn how to read.

Obviously, what your thinking and writing are two different things..you still need help :coffee:

Steelboy84
09-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Obviously, what your thinking and writing are two different things..you still need help :coffee:

What are you? A Dr. Phil wanna be? lol

When you learn to comprehend, then you can talk to me. Night night now.

:yawn:

stlrtruck
09-27-2009, 07:43 PM
All you naysayers can stay away from the board when the Steelers make the playoffs and put together another driver towards the SB and Miami!

I can't believe you bunch a pansies!

Oh my we lost the bengals boo hooo we suck!

X-Terminator
09-27-2009, 07:45 PM
All you naysayers can stay away from the board when the Steelers make the playoffs and put together another driver towards the SB and Miami!

I can't believe you bunch a pansies!

You're fighting a losing battle, stlrtruck. I've officially given up fighting, and I'm turning the board over to them.

Have fun, boys and girls.

Shoes
09-27-2009, 07:45 PM
What are you? A Dr. Phil wanna be? lol

When you learn to comprehend, then you can talk to me. Night night now.

Have a good sleep tonight, hope you wake up in the morning :chuckle:

SteelCityMan786
09-27-2009, 07:47 PM
TOO EARLY to say that.

Steelboy84
09-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Have a good sleep tonight, hope you wake up in the morning :chuckle:

Lambertfanatic
09-27-2009, 08:02 PM
I've never liked BA ... ever. The games that 6burgh has won in 4th qtr drives Ben has made the play calls. I heard the DVE announcer saying that Harrison and Woodley have not been playing like they were last year...LET'S GET THIS STRAIGHT... when an O linemen knows he can get away with holding Harrison and Woodley any way they want...they will do it. They have zero sacks...why...look at the films...Goodell and Piraira need to tell they officials to start calling holding fairly. I think the Steelers need to sit down and take their heads nout of their asses and become the "Band of Brothers" that they claimed last year. The season is not over...it has just begun...I WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON MY STEELERS...true STEELER fans never do.

Edman
09-27-2009, 08:07 PM

They ain't Cleveland.

No, they're not Cleveland. But do you want to know what else they were?

Down 20-9 with Ten Minutes to go in the game.

Sorry, Crow. Not buying that "Cincy is better" Garbage. The Steelers shit the bed today even harder than against Chicago. They did everything they could to lose it, and they did. This loss is awful, and this team has a pathetic shade of 2006 all over them.

Crow-Magnon
09-28-2009, 07:47 AM
No, they're not Cleveland. But do you want to know what else they were?

Down 20-9 with Ten Minutes to go in the game.

Sorry, Crow. Not buying that "Cincy is better" Garbage. The Steelers shit the bed today even harder than against Chicago. They did everything they could to lose it, and they did. This loss is awful, and this team has a pathetic shade of 2006 all over them.

But as it's only Week 3, isn't it really a little early to make judgment calls on the rest of the season?

Texasteel
09-28-2009, 08:00 AM
But as it's only Week 3, isn't it really a little early to make judgment calls on the rest of the season?

It's way to early, and everyone knows it.

steelrush
09-28-2009, 08:18 AM
Don't worry. It's not a deja-v. It's not 2006 all over again.
This team needs some reality-checks, that's all. Criticism and irony thrown at it. A wake-up call, if you will.
And you know what? Maybe it's not even the team that needs that. Maybe's Tomlin that needs it, after two years of thumb-ups. :coffee:

The_WARDen
09-28-2009, 08:22 AM
It's not 2006 all over again. 2006 happened because Cowher mentally checked out...or so we were led to believe.

The_WARDen
09-28-2009, 08:24 AM

You're right, it is still early and maybe they get Troy back and everything's roses again.

However, 3 weeks in...it's eerily similar to the crappy start of 2006.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Yea...I will deny it.

the good news is that we will turn this around...the bad news is that it WON'T be next week so get ready for more people to run around screaming about the sky falling.

As of now I think that we will most probably go 10-6 but may be able to pull out an 11-5 season. We will most probably go into the bye week at 3-4 though I think that we "may" be able to beat the Vikings if we stop their run game. I also think that we might take one of the Ravens games but I am playing devils advocate here to give worst case scenerio.

Sept 10 vs Titans..........W
Sept 20 @ Bears...........L
Sept. 27 @ Bengals.....L
Oct. 4 vs. Chargers.......L
Oct. 11 @ Lions............W
Oct. 18 vs. Browns.......W
Oct. 25 vs. Vikings........L
Sunday, Nov. 1 BYE
Nov. 9 @ Broncos ........W
Nov. 15 vs. Bengals......W
Nov. 22 @ Chiefs..........W
Nov. 29 @ Ravens.........L
Dec. 6 vs. Raiders.........W
Dec. 10 @ Browns.........W
Dec. 20 vs. Packers ......W
Dec. 27 vs. Ravens........L
Jan. 3 @ Dolphins.........W

Texasteel
09-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Yea...I will deny it.

the good news is that we will turn this around...the bad news is that it WON'T be next week so get ready for more people to run around screaming about the sky falling.

As of now I think that we will most probably go 10-6 but may be able to pull out an 11-5 season. We will most probably go into the bye week at 3-4 though I think that we "may" be able to beat the Vikings if we stop their run game. I also think that we might take one of the Ravens games but I am playing devils advocate here to give worst case scenerio.

Sept 10 vs Titans..........W
Sept 20 @ Bears...........L
Sept. 27 @ Bengals.....L
Oct. 4 vs. Chargers.......L
Oct. 11 @ Lions............W
Oct. 18 vs. Browns.......W
Oct. 25 vs. Vikings........L
Sunday, Nov. 1 BYE
Nov. 9 @ Broncos ........W
Nov. 15 vs. Bengals......W
Nov. 22 @ Chiefs..........W
Nov. 29 @ Ravens.........L
Dec. 6 vs. Raiders.........W
Dec. 10 @ Browns.........W
Dec. 20 vs. Packers ......W
Dec. 27 vs. Ravens........L
Jan. 3 @ Dolphins.........W

This is pretty much want I was thinking. I think we win next week and beat the Ravens once. Then throw in an unexpected lose, just so folks around here can self destruct, and that gives us a 11- 5 record. I will take that.

rbryan
09-28-2009, 09:08 AM
I'll deny it too.....unless you tell me the franchise wrecked his bike again.

Anyone else notice Tomlin laughing it up when it was 13-0 in the 2nd quarter???? I'm guessing we won't see that again any time soon.

SteelerFanInCA
09-28-2009, 09:25 AM

You are just as bad as bungal fans. It's a long season. Yeah we are facing some adversity now but I think we will come through in the end.

PS. Please turn in your terrible towel at the door.