PDA

View Full Version : There were positives today

GridironWarrior
09-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Wallace is the real deal. I think he has passed Sweed as the 3rd Wideout.
The Run game looked good! Willie looked like old Willie
Play calling was somewhat better and we only had like 2 punts.

GridironWarrior
09-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Let's keep this up top.

Franco32Harris
09-27-2009, 07:18 PM
I was very happy with Wallace and the running game!

Rick5895
There can be nothing positive out of a loss to the bengals!!!!!!!!!!!

RunWillieRun
Wallace is the only positive I see today.

The 3rd and 4th quarter run, run, pass play callings just gets under my skin.

43Hitman
09-27-2009, 07:19 PM
I agree, I really like what I am seeing out of Wallace. Maybe he moves up the depth chart for good.

43Hitman
There can be nothing positive out of a loss to the bengals!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong thread, the bitching line is over there-------------->

pepsyman1
The run game started reasonably well when we were mixing up the play calling. Once we got later in the game when it was apparent that we wanted to run the clock we were abysmal again. Willie was repeatedly dealing with defenders before he got out of the backfield.

SmashmouthFootball
09-27-2009, 07:20 PM
The positive is.....only one more game without Troy? And San Diego isn't that great, if we can get a win there we'll be in good shape to beat the Lions and Browns for a 4-2 start.

tyler289
09-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Wallace is clutch. Limas is not. Being clutch keeps you in the NFL. If Sweed keeps dropping big plays, he'll be out of a job in a year.

Running game was iffy, but still decent. We need to punch it in.

One positive, as usual, is Ben. The pick-6 sucked, and was a terrible decision, but overall he played well.

Nighthawk
09-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Wallace emerging as the #3 is the only positive.

To me - Willie had the #'s, but he still doesn't seem like the old Willie. I want to see what Mendenhall can do - I think if given the chance he can surpass Parker.

Christian Snyder
09-27-2009, 07:22 PM
I was pleased with our running game today..... The other positive is that Troy will be back in 1 more week.:tt::tt02:

43Hitman
09-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Other positive: O-line was also rock-solid.

They looked great today, which is really promising. People seem to forget that this is not the same team as last year. Every year is different and provides for different challenges that have to be overcome.

Nighthawk
09-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Other positive: O-line was also rock-solid.

What game were you watching? Ben was under pressure quite a bit in the 2nd half. No running lanes were opened up. O Line had an average performance.

GridironWarrior
09-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Yeah can't really complain about the Oline. If Sweed doesn't drop that pass we'd be 2-1. But you know what? SD is banged up and look beatbable. As does Minnesota. I think we'll be 4-2.

arge5809
09-27-2009, 07:24 PM
The positive is.....only one more game without Troy? And San Diego isn't that great, if we can get a win there we'll be in good shape to beat the Lions and Browns for a 4-2 start.

but the Bengals and Bears are not that great either....

SteelRNation
09-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Wallace was the guy I said I liked the most out of all our draft picks when we got him. This kid is gonna be something special. A perfect player to take over when Hines hangs 'em up.

Rick5895
09-27-2009, 07:34 PM
I still stand by my previous post here, however, I do like Wallace, he is a game changer. The pick six , IMO, was Santonio's mistake, not reading the blitz. Since the great game against the Titans he has been very iffy . He has to get his head out of his A-- and start playing football.

steelrush
09-28-2009, 08:10 AM
Wallace is definetely a positive. Probably a huge one at that.
Limas Sweed? He's gotta go. For long have I expected him to start to shine. If he ever does it, I'm afraid it's gonna be too late.

revefsreleets
09-28-2009, 11:23 AM
The Bengals deserve some credit for making halftime adjustments defensively. They are a solid unit. This is the third game in a row where a certain contingent of fans simply fail to acknowledge that there ARE opposing DC's and opposing defenses trying to stop what we are doing. They aren't simply lying down and letting us do what we want.

As far as the second half run game, everyone was bitching because we didn't run the ball enough, and, of course when we devise a scheme to run the ball and wind the clock down and protect our lead, when the players FAIL to EXECUTE that plan, these fans naturally......BLAME THE COACHES.

It's just a ridiculous situation.

vasteeler
09-28-2009, 11:50 AM
The Bengals deserve some credit for making halftime adjustments defensively. They are a solid unit. This is the third game in a row where a certain contingent of fans simply fail to acknowledge that there ARE opposing DC's and opposing defenses trying to stop what we are doing. They aren't simply lying down and letting us do what we want.

As far as the second half run game, everyone was bitching because we didn't run the ball enough, and, of course when we devise a scheme to run the ball and wind the clock down and protect our lead, when the players FAIL to EXECUTE that plan, these fans naturally......BLAME THE COACHES.

It's just a ridiculous situation.

ding ding ding :drink:

Indo
09-28-2009, 12:22 PM
In addition to all of the above positives, here's another one:

GridironWarrior started a thread about Positives :thumbsup:

Dude, that's Awesome! (no sarcasm intended---we all know that we weren't going undefeated this year and I would rather see them iron-out the wrinkles now rather than later in the season...)

revefsreleets
09-29-2009, 04:24 PM
There are teams that are hot right now that will absolutely tank at the end of the season...I mean back into the playoffs and get blown out in the first Rd. I do NOT want to be one of those teams.

We are 3-2 now (We STILL play the Browns twice folks...that's 2 auto wins), so things are still very manageable...