PDA

View Full Version : WTF JUST HAPPENED...??

SteelerEmpire
09-27-2009, 06:19 PM
?????????

pepsyman1
09-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Here let me explain:

On both sides of the ball we got very conservative. We had two consecutive defensive stands that we were VERY aggressive...corners up tight, blitzing from different spots..everything we love. Then it stopped. Offensive play calling crawled right into a shell....absolutely shameful for defending champions.

Fire Haley
09-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Our QB got the swollen head at the wrong time.

Our WR that shall never again be named dropped a sure TD.

A passive defense.

Odds and ends.

43Hitman
09-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Our QB got the swollen head at the wrong time.

Our WR that shall never again be named dropped a sure TD.

A passive defense.

Odds and ends.

Oh you mean all the normal stuff that happens to teams..Who woulda thunk it.:noidea:

Fire Haley
09-27-2009, 06:53 PM
No. Not normal.

Sweed is tainted with the curse - keep him off the field.

43Hitman
09-27-2009, 06:55 PM
No. Not normal.

So no receiver or kicker has ever dropped a series of passes or missed a series of kicks? What have I been watching for the last 30 years?

mmalone
09-27-2009, 06:56 PM
So no receiver or kicker has ever dropped a series of passes or missed a series of kicks? What have I been watching for the last 30 years?

wow guys.... didnt ben give away 6????

bring in dixon...

Fire Haley
09-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Wallace or Holmes would have made that catch 10 times out of 10.

He's tainted.

SteelersHoss
09-27-2009, 06:58 PM
No. Not normal.

Curse???????????? You kidding me, you touch the ball, you catch the ball.. No curse there man. Sweed is a piece of crap. remember last year??? No curse. Our Defence is not putting any pressure on the qb,

GodofGridiron
09-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Right now...........Wallace IS this teams 3rd receiver. This kid has proven he can be relied upon in KEY CRITICAL THIRD DOWNS!!!

Thats all i need to see. Sweed can rest.

PalmerSteel
09-27-2009, 07:00 PM
i should avoid these forums after a loss but here it goes:
1 - its official - limas sweed is officially behind in his progression and had wallace pass him on the depth chart today.
2 - our kicker is on a 2 week hangover.
3 - our D shows how bad we miss polamalu, not only his play but his silent assassin leadership on the field.

4 - MOST IMPORTANTLY - EVERY TEAM HAS AT LEAST A COUPLE BAD GAMES A YEAR. WE JUST HAD OUR 2. TIME TO STEP IT UP. NEXT....

Edman
09-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Steelers O crawled into a hole.

Steelers D went passive.

End of game. 1-2.

stb_steeler
09-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Right now...........Wallace IS this teams 3rd receiver. This kid has proven he can be relied upon in KEY CRITICAL THIRD DOWNS!!!

Thats all i need to see. Sweed can rest.

Yep....to many sure hands sitting on the bench goin to waste.

Fire Haley
09-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Farrior's whiffed tackle also cost us. It would have been game over.

Lot of goats to go around.

Christian Snyder
09-27-2009, 07:27 PM
1 - its official - limas sweed is officially behind in his progression and had wallace pass him on the depth chart today.
3 - our D shows how bad we miss polamalu, not only his play but his silent assassin leadership on the field.

4 - MOST IMPORTANTLY - EVERY TEAM HAS AT LEAST A COUPLE BAD GAMES A YEAR. WE JUST HAD OUR 2. TIME TO STEP IT UP. NEXT....
Exactly.

Steeldude
09-27-2009, 07:28 PM
nothing surprising at all. the steelers can't put opponents away and lebeau played a soft defense again.

now do the homer fans understand why they play the games?

tony hipchest
09-27-2009, 07:34 PM
choke.

10-6 will not get us into the playoffs.

the margin of error has shrunken, and the bears/bengals were supposed to be gimme wins.

Ricco Suavez
09-27-2009, 07:37 PM
nothing surprising at all. the steelers can't put opponents away and lebeau played a soft defense again.

now do the homer fans understand why they play the games?

I just realized your right they do play all the games. Really we have made more mistakes as a team the last two weeks and we have paid for it. We could easily be 3-0 or 0-3. We need to get over this mini-slump and play smart football. As for leaving Sweed on the bench or getting rid of him that would be a waste of talent. One year and three games should not be enough to give up on him. And as for Ben do you know the INT was his fault only or did Tone miss a hot route? Lets not play blame game yet, this team may still show what they are made of. Its not how you play in Sep. but how you finish in Dec and Jan.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Kind of reminds me a bit of when we came back vs. the Browns in 2003 and scored 3TD's in 19minutes to win that wildcard game.

The Bengals just scored 2 TD's in 9 minutes...........but it kind of felt the same way as the offense couldnt move the ball and take time off the clock, while the opposition picked its way down the field.

steeler dude
09-27-2009, 07:40 PM
GO#$%#%^ F*&^ BU#@S^%&

SteelTalons
09-27-2009, 07:45 PM

Reed was 2/3 on FG's and 2/2 on XP's... And the ONLY FG he missed was what? A 52 yarder? When the hell has Reed been known for long range FG's? 35 and in he's money in the bank, that far out? No.

Don't really care is Wallace is #3 and Sweed is #4 personally. I like Wallace, and Sweed still has work to do not like Nate probably woulda done much better at catching that if we was still our #3. So Im not gonna bitch at Sweed he let me down on that but he wasn't the only one. The fact it was a TD is whats damning him more than other people.

And the defense... Well its not its normal self but really the whole team is sorta in la-la land. Just gotta shake it off and stop riding the coattail of the 2008 Steelers and realize the 2009 Steelers are going to have to EARN the 7th Lombardi if they want it.

Overall Im not worried, its just a matter of WHEN they wake up and go back to being what we know they can be.

Godfather
09-27-2009, 07:46 PM
The last two weeks were fugly.

Same script. Dominate the first quarter. Move the ball well early but don't finish drives, settle for field goals or nothing at all (Reed is 50% this year). Get progressively worse on both sides of the ball throughout the game. Defense rolls over in the fourth quarter and squanders the lead.

Once Troy is back we should be able to hold a fourth quarter lead again. My biggest worry is how much of a hole we'll be in when we get him back. San Diego will be a tough game to win, and we're already two games back with a division loss.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
09-27-2009, 07:48 PM
choke.

10-6 will not get us into the playoffs.

the margin of error has shrunken, and the bears/bengals were supposed to be gimme wins.

That's the really scary part! We can usually count on 3-4 wins between those two teams each season, and now that doesn't look like it is going to happen.

I think the Steelers got used to those gimme wins. Now that the Browns/Bengals...well, at least the Bengals, are a team to contend with, we need to play our A game at all times!

Steeldude
09-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Its not how you play in Sep. but how you finish in Dec and Jan

it's how you play/finish all year. it's also how you play/finish in every game. remember 2006? they finished well in dec., but did horrible in the first part of the year. every game counts.

We could easily be 3-0 or 0-3

same can be said for many teams throughout history.