PDA

View Full Version : Killer Instinct

Burghfan58
09-27-2009, 06:25 PM
This team doesn't have it. At least as long as Arians is calling plays. Run, Run, pass is so predictable with way to much time left on the clock. The defense can't save The Offenses a$$ every game. Score some freakin points when your in the red zone.:banging:

ricksteelers55
09-27-2009, 06:28 PM
The playcalling,I can live with it but why in the '$?"$/?$"?&"$? hell did we draft Rashard Mendenhall ????

yeah fine let him on the bench let's waste more 1st rounders

X-Terminator
09-27-2009, 06:30 PM
This team doesn't have it. At least as long as Arians is calling plays. Run, Run, pass is so predictable with way to much time left on the clock. The defense can't save The Offenses a$$ every game. Score some freakin points when your in the red zone.:banging:

They still had an 11 point lead with less than 10 minutes to go. How the HELL did the offense expect the defense to let the Bengals march down the field not once, but twice?! Especially a defense that's supposed to be one the of the best in the league???

Shoes
09-27-2009, 06:33 PM

Arians can't put the "killer instinct" in the players, that's their responsibility. I saw a light jovial attitude from the team today. Maybe its good we lost this one.

Burghfan58
09-27-2009, 06:34 PM
They still had an 11 point lead with less than 10 minutes to go. How the HELL did the offense expect the defense to let the Bengals march down the field not once, but twice?! Especially a defense that's supposed to be one the of the best in the league???

Too many points left on the field. It's Ben and the boys job to score not rely on the D all the time to pull their butt out of the fire. Too many close games last season that they won. This year so far appears to be a differant story.

SteelerFanInStl
09-27-2009, 07:18 PM

:iagree: Sure, the offense should've scored even more points but that lead should have been safe. It's happened the last two weeks and that's a big concern for me. I know that a lot of Steeler fans were thinking that this defense would be even better this year but so far it's been a disappointment. Troy is certainly missed but you can't use that as an excuse for the 4th quarter letdowns.

43Hitman
09-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Too many points left on the field. It's Ben and the boys job to score not rely on the D all the time to pull their butt out of the fire. Too many close games last season that they won. This year so far appears to be a differant story.

Still doesn't change the fact that we had a 11 point lead with 10 minutes to go.

Christian Snyder
09-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Not another frickin Arians sucks thread?!

Christian Snyder
09-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Well said.

MillerMania83
09-27-2009, 07:26 PM

TRU DAT!!!!

cubanstogie
09-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Arians had nothing to do with the loss. Our offense moved it at will, except for drop balls, penalties and a gift interception TD. And to top that off our D couldn't get pressure on Palmer when we needed it. Very poor execution IMO. Hines penalty was utter BS, then came the pic. I am still irritated at 4th and goal and we settle for 3. Even if we don't score they are on their 1 yard line. The longer I watch football the more I am convinces FG's are a huge letdown and should be avoided at all cost. I know everyone is shaking their head saying Cuban is an idiot, but unless its at the end of half or game it is a huge momentum shift and monumental victory for the D. 4th and 2 or less go for it, even if you miss they have to drive the length of field. Make an effing statement. I know my rant will never come to fruition so back to Arians. The only time I was upset with play calling was the last possession. I have always liked the Belicheck agression of winning it with our offense, then again we have one of the best D's. We can blame whoever we want, there is plenty to pass around, except for O line and Arians.

stlrtruck
09-27-2009, 07:39 PM

Today's loss has nothign to do with Arians. It has to do with the o-line doing their job. It has to do with the WRs catching the ball. It has to do with the RBs hitting the holes and moving the pile. It has to do with scoring TDs and not FGs. It has to do with the entire TEAM playing as one!

Burghfan58
09-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Arians had nothing to do with the loss. Our offense moved it at will, except for drop balls, penalties and a gift interception TD. And to top that off our D couldn't get pressure on Palmer when we needed it. Very poor execution IMO. Hines penalty was utter BS, then came the pic. I am still irritated at 4th and goal and we settle for 3. Even if we don't score they are on their 1 yard line. The longer I watch football the more I am convinces FG's are a huge letdown and should be avoided at all cost. I know everyone is shaking their head saying Cuban is an idiot, but unless its at the end of half or game it is a huge momentum shift and monumental victory for the D. 4th and 2 or less go for it, even if you miss they have to drive the length of field. Make an effing statement. I know my rant will never come to fruition so back to Arians. The only time I was upset with play calling was the last possession. I have always liked the Belicheck agression of winning it with our offense, then again we have one of the best D's. We can blame whoever we want, there is plenty to pass around, except for O line and Arians.

Does every game need to come down to the final drive. It's Ok to put a team away every now and then. When was the last time the Steelers did that? If I could figure out what play was comin next , I'm damn sure Cincy or any other pro team could. Arians gets predictable when he has a lead. Because of that predictability the D was called on once again and they failed.

aclark99
09-27-2009, 09:10 PM
I know players have to make the plays but the coaches need to put the players in a position to win. Players execute and coaches coach. These past two games the coaching has been terrible. Tomlin lacks the killer instinct he had last year. There is no chip on his shoulder now. He better regain his swagger if his team is going to regain it.

Edman
09-27-2009, 11:14 PM

Well, guess what XT. This is not the best defense in the league, they're not even top 15 material right now.

That's no excuse for the offense to just toss off the gameplan and expect the Defense to save the day. They're going to have to score. This was a team loss overall. The offense laid off, and the defense can't stop anyone.

This team has a ton of problems right now. They do lack a killer instinct. Once is an accident, Two is evidence, Three's a habit. San Diego will prove this team's weakness next Sunday Night. If you thought the D was gutted the past two weeks, wait until an actual good team gets ahold of them.

I'm really dreading next Sunday Night and the next few weeks. I have next to no faith in this team after these epic debacles.