PDA

View Full Version : WALLACE

Jaquila
09-27-2009, 06:27 PM
so with all that trashing Sweed... how about that guy Mike Wallace hu?
instead of whining about Sweed we should focus more on giving this guy some credit:applaudit:
GO WALLACE:tt02:

Milkman
09-27-2009, 08:20 PM
instead of whining about Sweed we should focus more on giving this guy some credit:applaudit:

I love the guy...in a non-homosexual way of course. :tt02:

kmsteelerwr15
09-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Oh yeah, I'm a big Wallace fan and he brokeout today. He was clutch on third downs and he can be lethal with Holmes and Ward :tt03:

Hotrodder07
09-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Gotta love him. I only wish he would have kept his feet in bounds after that long catch, so he could get in the endzone. Still, great day. He's our #3 for sure. We have quite the receiving corps.

Sharkissle29
09-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Gotta love him. I only wish he would have kept his feet in bounds after that long catch, so he could get in the endzone. Still, great day. He's our #3 for sure. We have quite the receiving corps.

Did anyone else feel that wasnt a catch?

I was wondering why they didnt challenge it, i thought his second foot down was out....maybe it was just me

HometownGal
09-27-2009, 09:10 PM

When XT and I went up to TC and I watched Wallace in practice, I told XT that I thought he was going to be really special and an asset to our WR corps and he didn't disappoint! :thumbsup: He's quick, has good instincts and great hands. I like the Santo-Hines-Wallace trio. :tt03:

Preacher
09-27-2009, 09:18 PM
It says a lot about the guy that the only rookie mistake he has made in three games is not being completely aware of his position on the field when he caught that ball today.

I think Wallace, next year, takes that catch in for a TD.

Learning curve....

BUT IMO, for 3 games in, Wallace is way ahead of it.

LVSteelersfan
09-27-2009, 09:19 PM
I really like Wallace. He is going to be great taking over for Hines in the future. He seems to be money on third down with those low to the ground catches that can't be intercepted. If there was a bright spot in today's game it was definitely Wallace.

Psyychoward86
09-27-2009, 09:23 PM
I'll take a positive out of a negative. Wallace is looking darn promising. He's got that rare combination of sick speed and sticky hands. Would've been awesome to see him run that big catch in for a TD instead of running out of bounds by accident, but hey, he was PHENOMENAL today. What he did shouldnt be so overshadowed by the loss

BlastFurnace
09-27-2009, 09:26 PM
He is everything I thought someone else drafted in the 2nd round last year would be.

LVSteelersfan
09-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Wallace is the real deal. Sweed needs to step it up if he ever expects to be the number two receiver on the team once Ward and Holmes are gone. That may be sooner than people realize.

Hotrodder07
09-27-2009, 09:32 PM

I was wondering why they didnt challenge it, i thought his second foot down was out....maybe it was just me

I wasn't sure at first-look, but considering the commentators didn't say anything, and they didn't challenge it, I guess he clearly had 2 feet in bounds. :noidea:

dislocatedday
09-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Wallace has done nothing but impress. He looked good in preseason and obviously looked great today. He just blew past that Bengals CB on that bomb and left him eating dust.

And to think this is only his third regular season game as a pro, and he has made significant contributions already. I thnk the Steelers have gotten a third round draft steal with this kid. I'm hopeful his career will turn out like another third round Steelers WR draft day steal from 1998 :tt:

tyler289
09-27-2009, 09:34 PM
He's clutch. Tons of 3rd down and late catches already.

Texasteel
09-27-2009, 10:00 PM
When XT and I went up to TC and I watched Wallace in practice, I told XT that I thought he was going to be really special and an asset to our WR corps and he didn't disappoint! :thumbsup: He's quick, has good instincts and great hands. I like the Santo-Hines-Wallace trio. :tt03:

You sure called that one right. He has definitely moved into the #3 spot.:thumbsup:

jjpro11
09-27-2009, 10:03 PM
it's a shame because everyone would be talking about the guy right now had we won.

aclark99
09-27-2009, 10:29 PM
wallace played extremely well. my question is why didn't we challenge sweed drop in the endzone. it appeared that he actually caught it and controlled it and then lost it when he hit the ground.

SteelerFanInStl
09-27-2009, 10:32 PM
wallace played extremely well. my question is why didn't we challenge sweed drop in the endzone. it appeared that he actually caught it and controlled it and then lost it when he hit the ground.

It doesn't matter. If the receiver goes to the ground, he has to maintain possession and Limas didn't.

SteelerFanInStl
09-27-2009, 10:35 PM

I was just hoping that they hurried up and ran a play. :laughing: It looked to me like the second foot was out of bounds but it was still a great catch. Wallace had a great game and he's been very impressive. Everything that fans expected Sweed to be and more.

Galax Steeler
09-28-2009, 03:59 AM
I think Wallace, next year, takes that catch in for a TD.

Learning curve....

I think you might just see him take one of them in for a touchdown this year. I believe that he has taken the no.3 spot with everyone keying in on Ward and Holmes Wallace could have a pretty good year ahead of him.

FSUBoo
09-29-2009, 03:27 PM
I agree, I didn't feel that was a catch, but being a Steelers fan, I'm not gonna complain at all.