PDA

View Full Version : THIS WAS A SHOE-IN.... WE HAD EM 13-0 !!!!!!!!

SteelerEmpire
09-27-2009, 06:27 PM
WHAT IN THE HECK IS UP !!!! CAN WE NOT WIN AGAINST A TRASH TEAM LIKE THE BUNGLES ?? OUR TEAM SEEMS LIKE THEIR NOT READY !!!! NO ONES FOR SURE ABOUT ANYTHING..... :mad::mad::mad:

Jaquila
09-27-2009, 06:32 PM
say what? 13-0.. thats not a *shoe-in* in my book.
but we def. should have one this.

Jaquila
09-27-2009, 06:34 PM
]OUR TEAM SEEMS LIKE THEIR NOT READY[/U] !!!! NO ONES FOR SURE ABOUT ANYTHING..... :mad::mad::mad:

not ready for what? They just won a SB:coffee:

Steelboy84
09-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Can't close the game out.

Dillinger-63
09-27-2009, 06:44 PM
And now we drop to third in our division, how sad.

Jaquila
09-27-2009, 06:46 PM
And now we drop to third in our division, how sad.

yeah after 3 weeks.... relax

43Hitman
09-27-2009, 06:50 PM
WHAT IN THE HECK IS UP !!!! CAN WE NOT WIN AGAINST A TRASH TEAM LIKE THE BUNGLES ?? OUR TEAM SEEMS LIKE THEIR NOT READY !!!! NO ONES FOR SURE ABOUT ANYTHING..... :mad::mad::mad:

Maybe you should use larger caps next time, I don't think anyone can hear you.:coffee:

Steel_12
09-27-2009, 06:51 PM
say what? 13-0.. thats not a *shoe-in* in my book.
but we def. should have one this.

It is 99% of the time we have an 11 point lead in a game.

HAWK
09-27-2009, 06:51 PM
This all came to down defense. Our lack of it.

For years the defense has overshadowed the offense. Now it seems to be the other way around.

Edman
09-27-2009, 06:58 PM
No actually, it's the Defense that has fallen to the Offense's level. This was a team loss, pure and simple.

SteelCityMan786
09-27-2009, 07:36 PM
13-0 is not a shoe in unless there is about 1 second on the clock in the 4th Quarter. Does it have a chance to be? Absolutely.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-27-2009, 07:44 PM
At least it was a balanced attack with 31 passes(271 yards) and 28 rushes (102 yards).

The old, run heavy offensive schemes, never worked to close out double digit leads in the 4th quarter. :chuckle:

Fire Haley
09-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Steelers just gave up 14 points by passing in the 4th again, after having people here all week proclaiming the D is not a problem late in games.

Once is a concern, twice is a trend.

And we get San Diego next. loverly.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Steelers just gave up 14 points by passing in the 4th again, after having people here all week proclaiming the D is not a problem late in games.

Once is a concern, twice is a trend.

And we get San Diego next. loverly.

Not having Troy hurts the secondary. Will Gay keeps things in front of him, but doesnt challenge as well as he could and there was no pass rush again. It's a trend that will hopefully get fixed.

The lack of a pass rush hurts a lot. I still think the fact that on 373 yards of offense, only 20 points again shows the inability to finish drives with TD's instead of FG's.

Steeldude
09-27-2009, 08:09 PM
13-0 is not a safe lead. especially when that's in the first half. the steelers failed to crush the bengals and it cost them.

the steelers said they are content with giving them short passes all the way down the field. i guess they were content because they let them dink and dunk all the way to the endzone just like last week.

Fire Haley
09-27-2009, 08:11 PM
The D game up another +5 min drive to lose the game. Including a 4th and 2 and a 4th and 10 inside the 20.

Can't blame the offense for that.

wmjeffers
09-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Really it is simple, we almost lost the Super Bowl because we refuse to put the game away when we take a solid lead. 13-0 was solid, but Arians always decides to stop pursuing points and hope the defense can stop the comeback attempts of the opposing offense. It cost us today, again, and almost lost us the Super Bowl... Our offense is good enough, that if we were given chance today, we could have scored at will to win the game, but there was no time on the clock. Thank God Arizona scored quickly in the Super Bowl.

jcdavey08
09-27-2009, 10:52 PM
your main concern vs my chargers should probably only be pass protection and rushing the passer

i don't think we'll be able to pass deep on pitt because we won't get the time to do so, IMO (our oline won't allow it ,on the road), so in that case, i'd say gates sproles and naanee are the key players for sd.

on offense, i'm sure pitt will be able to run on us very well, so after that it's going to be about protecting your qb and our passrush is even worse than last year.

expect no merriman and no LT sunday night in pitt, but if pitt's main success is running and keeping sd from going deep, this one's going to be real ugly, and if it rains, ugly times 100

from what i gather pitt's having red zone problems, well sd is the king of red zone innefficency right now

this one is shaping up to be ugly (but i believe the past few sd vs pitt SNF games have also been ugly)

Edman
09-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Two 4th down conversions given up. This Defense choked on a cold chicken bone today. They're not very good.

That's not the offense's fault, though their conservatism played a role.

Fire Haley
09-28-2009, 02:43 AM
Up 20-9 there should have been no excuses for losing this game.

But here we are looking at a herd of goats.

Losing the games we won last year - it's a curse.

T.Richardson
09-28-2009, 02:56 AM
Two 4th down conversions given up. This Defense choked on a cold chicken bone today. They're not very good.

That's not the offense's fault, though their conservatism played a role.

I hated that during the Cowher era! it angers me that the Steelers continue to play conservative when they have a lead, keep running up the score! so that they have no chance!

Oh well...

Fire Haley
09-28-2009, 04:57 AM
It's not the play calling when your WR drops a sure TD.

Sweed makes that catch and it's 27-9 - a blow out.

The defense crapped the bed too - a whole herd of goats in this game.

Steelers blow 20-9 lead in 4th quarter

That's the headlines

collards
09-28-2009, 06:51 AM
Hmm

Hines Ward was wrong. he ran his mouth all day saying same old bengals. Nope this Bengals played 4 quarters and owned the second half as they have done all year.

Hey keith Rivers was the leading tackler. He let his play speak back. How did Hines Ward do? We know he ran his mouth, but did he do anything else.

The Bengals are pretty tough bunch of guys.

OH yeah Ohio State is 9 and U of Cincinnati is 10. Where is PSU after having to play a real game after their joke pre-conference schedule.:applaudit::rofl:

gameface75
09-28-2009, 07:08 AM
the offense went vanilla at the start of the 4th quarter ,to conservative ,instead of going for the kill.this happens way to often.it puts to much pressure on the defense.

scsteeler
09-28-2009, 07:49 AM
No actually, it's the Defense that has fallen to the Offense's level. This was a team loss, pure and simple.

I agree it just seems like a bunch of little things that lead to a the loss, Ben's Int. Sweed's Drop, Defense not able to stop on 3rd down. Hey its a long season and I am hopeful things will get better.

Fire Haley
09-28-2009, 03:18 PM
"This was a shoe-in....We had em 27-9!!!!"

Oh wait - somebody dropped something

http://i33.tinypic.com/2llyqgi.gif

HAWK
09-28-2009, 03:54 PM
yeah...it's saddening.

Of course holmes' dropped passes the last 2 week are just as bad. One of his last week was for a TD also.

Indo
09-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Hmm

Hines Ward was wrong. he ran his mouth all day saying same old bengals. Nope this Bengals played 4 quarters and owned the second half as they have done all year.

Hey keith Rivers was the leading tackler. He let his play speak back. How did Hines Ward do? We know he ran his mouth, but did he do anything else.

The Bengals are pretty tough bunch of guys.

OH yeah Ohio State is 9 and U of Cincinnati is 10. Where is PSU after having to play a real game after their joke pre-conference schedule.:applaudit::rofl:

Banned after ONE post ? Is that a record? Just curious
The mods are bringin' the Hammer Down! :mallet: :bash: :smashy:

Christian Snyder
09-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Another one post wonder.:chuckle: