PDA

View Full Version : Way to early to panic.

SteelRNation
09-27-2009, 06:37 PM
We are 1-2. Plenty of season left to get things going. We lost to the Bears at the very end and to the Bengals at the very end. Its not like we are getting blown out. If we were getting crushed in these loses then I would worry. We lost to 2 teams that are both above .500 and it happened on the road. Bengals in all reality should be 3-0 and the Bears were in their 1st game to the end with Cutler throwing 4 picks. We're gonna be fine. Just let us get home now and get things turned around.

Steel_Bus_24
09-27-2009, 06:41 PM
nope sorry, these were mediocre teams that will be brushed aside by the elite of the NFL

The steelers just aren't playing good.

X-Terminator
09-27-2009, 06:43 PM
The season is over. Get with the program here!

:coffee:

PolamaluPower
09-27-2009, 06:43 PM
These are two games we shouldn't have lost. Having said that, this one against a divisional opponent , hurts the worst.

PolamaluPower
09-27-2009, 06:44 PM
The season is over. Get with the program here!

:coffee:

That would be true if it were a 5 game season.

Steelboy84
09-27-2009, 06:45 PM
We are 1-2. Plenty of season left to get things going. We lost to the Bears at the very end and to the Bengals at the very end. Its not like we are getting blown out. If we were getting crushed in these loses then I would worry. We lost to 2 teams that are both above .500 and it happened on the road. Bengals in all reality should be 3-0 and the Bears were in their 1st game to the end with Cutler throwing 4 picks. We're gonna be fine. Just let us get home now and get things turned around.

"Plenty of season left to get things going."

We said that last week.

SteelRNation
09-27-2009, 06:45 PM
lol. You guys can be as negative as humanly possible....knock yourselves out. Not my style to give up.

tyler289
09-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Really need a win next week. But, if we were to lose, a Pats win vs. Baltimore makes up for it. Just gotta stay close to Baltimore. I expect Cincy to fall off at some point, but hey, I could be wrong.

ohiosteelerfan20
Everyone is going Jim Mora Sr. in here. "Playoffs? Playoffs? I will just be happy to win another game"

X-Terminator
lol. You guys can be as negative as humanly possible....knock yourselves out. Not my style to give up.

In case you haven't figured it out, my post was sarcastic. I sure as hell am not giving up.

SteelTalons
09-27-2009, 06:48 PM
And its WAAAY to late to tell these people that... The panic is at hand! :willy:

:shout:- PANIC!!!

WindyCitySteelerFan
09-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Panic? No..

Pissed? You bet.

Two games we lost to teams that we should'nt have.

Unfortunately, this will probably cost us the division title, I don't see Baltimore slowing down.

There were some great moments in this game, the offense really looked terrific (dare I say??) but we are really missing that great playmaker.. (Troy) He would've intercepted a few of those Carson passes...

SteelRNation
09-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Do people not remember last year. C'mon guys. We were 2-1 after 3 games...and one of our wins was against the Cleveland Browns and the final was 10-6. How impressive did we look there? Then in week 3, we went into Philly and got our asses handed to us. And then week 4, we needed overtime to beat the Ravens. Its not like we came out of the gate smokin'. We get stronger as the season progresses and its always been this way...its the reason we have 2 Super Bowls in the last 4 years. Like I said, had we gotten blown out today and last week, then I might be concerned, but right now, we are just starting out the way we usually do. Slow.

SteelCityMan786
09-27-2009, 07:01 PM

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!

sdchargeher
09-27-2009, 07:07 PM
The Chargers aren't a gimme win. In fact the way Rivers isplaying and the fact he WILL be throwing it with LT and no palomalu gives the Chargers the edge. They played great defense against the dolphins and should have beat the ravens.

stb_steeler
09-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Panic? No..

Pissed? You bet.

Two games we lost to teams that we should'nt have.

Unfortunately, this will probably cost us the division title, I don't see Baltimore slowing down.

There were some great moments in this game, the offense really looked terrific (dare I say??) but we are really missing that great playmaker.. (Troy) He would've intercepted a few of those Carson passes...

We cant rely on Troy alone every week....there were missed opportunities all over the place today. Im not jumping ship but, if this continues its gonna be a long season. :banging:

SteelRNation
09-27-2009, 07:13 PM
We were 5-2 after 7 games last year. We have the Chargers at home next week and then the Lions and Browns. There is no reason we shouldnt be 5-2 after 7 games this year as well.

SteelTalons
09-27-2009, 08:14 PM
It's in these folks' nature to be all negative after losses. Nothin' to be done about it.

I, OTOH, am very comfortable with where we're sitting. We got 2 losses in a row, but we dominated the stats in those losses. That means that we're not playing inferior ball. That means that the standings don't reflect the actual level that this team is playing at.

That means that maybe the onus of being the target will go to some other team and we can fly under the radar for a bit.

And just maybe all the front-runner fair-weather "fans" can go find another team to complain about for a while. :flap:

I hear you, even I gotta admit the OL has stepped up. And stuff as a whole is looking good, its just a matter of stupid mistakes and people playing under what they are able to do and normally do.

I think these L's are a good thing because it makes the team realize 2008 is over with if you want that 7th Lombardi you've gotta fight just as hard again to get there in 2009.

Nothings a major concern right now, its just a matter of finishing at this point. :drink:

BlastFurnace
09-27-2009, 08:16 PM
It's too early to panic, but it's not too early for t his team to realize that they have lost to two below average teams because they can't seal the deal.

These two losses will cost them in the end.

Steeldude
09-27-2009, 08:20 PM
i have my week 15 speech ready if the steelers are 1-14.

it's too early to panic we still have another week left. :toofunny:

BlastFurnace
09-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Well, maybe and maybe not. If it does, life will go on.

Now that, we can agree on.

BozMan
09-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Some perspective here (http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2009/9/27/1057612/steelers-drop-another-tight-game)...
Remember guys and gals that this is just Week 3. Last year on this date we were throttled by Philadelphia and looked bad enough that there was no conceivable way to think about advancing to the Super Bowl.

Mr. Goosemahn
09-27-2009, 09:15 PM
That's two games we've lost by shooting ourselves in the foot, not by being outplayed. It's mostly mistakes that are fixable in a short period of time.

- Jeff Reed needs to stay sober for a week and simply practice to gain his old form.

- Holmes has to focus on catching first, running second.

- Sweed has to remember to keep the ball secure. If you see his "drop," he actually did catch the ball, just fell awkwardly on the turf, his elbow shifted, and the ball was wiggled out of his grasp.

That was it for this game. Fix those three issues and you have at least 10 more points and the win.

Holmes is a good WR, he will overcome this. It's not a change that he has to adapt to and will take weeks, it's simply a matter of not over-thinking plays. He did it last year in the post season and during the 2007/2008 season, so he knows how to do it.

Jeff Reed has been extremely consistent for the majority of his career, he too will overcome this in no time. He has his confidence rattled, but that's all it is, nervousness and jitteriness.

Sweed's problem might be the toughest to fix, but it's not the same as last year. He actually caught the ball. Now he's got to do some drills where he, I don't know, catches the fall and drops to the turf or something. Besides, the catch was hard as it was. Leaping catches are never easy to keep controlled.

sdchargeher
09-27-2009, 09:19 PM
1-3 is something to be panicking about. It's not like the Chargers are playing bad ball. Rivers has over 300 in every game including 430 plus yards last week against baltimore. Plus sproles is a td waiting to happen. Chargers played good defense against balt in the second half and again against the dolphins. This could very well be another loss this week.

Stillers33
09-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Do people not remember last year. C'mon guys. We were 2-1 after 3 games...and one of our wins was against the Cleveland Browns and the final was 10-6. How impressive did we look there? Then in week 3, we went into Philly and got our asses handed to us. And then week 4, we needed overtime to beat the Ravens. Its not like we came out of the gate smokin'. We get stronger as the season progresses and its always been this way...its the reason we have 2 Super Bowls in the last 4 years. Like I said, had we gotten blown out today and last week, then I might be concerned, but right now, we are just starting out the way we usually do. Slow.
A FRIGGEN MEN!:tt02::tt:

GridironWarrior
09-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Well Baltimore still has Indy, NE and I think some other tough games coming up. They could easily lose. I can see Cincy choking down the stretch.

dislocatedday
09-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Didn't the '95 Steelers squad start out 1-3 or 1-4...and eventually make it to the SB?

Yes, I feel disheartened by the start to this season, but the Steelers should be able to turn it around and start piling up some wins.

It seems like the Steelers try to sit on a lead of 7 to 10 points. Maybe they don't and my perception is wrong, but I just wish they would keep throttling the opponent and put more points on the board. This offense should be scoring more than 17 to 20 points on average a game.

Texasteel
09-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Well Baltimore still has Indy, NE and I think some other tough games coming up. They could easily lose. I can see Cincy choking down the stretch.

Baltimore will run into difficulties, Cincy create their own difficulties. We'll be fine.

ricksteelers55
09-27-2009, 09:49 PM
People who thinks it's over must have missed the season last year and joined the team as ''bandwagonner'' during the SB because it has been our trademark all year long last year.Playing poorly in the beginning and getting it at the end.The only difference is we dont do that in games,we want to do it with the season.

Who knows maybe we can start like 1-5 to get rid of the bandwagonners and then start putting 10 in a row to make it wildcard

bottom line is it's not over til it's over with this team !!!

If the Cards went to the SB last year with 9-7 you never know what's in store in this league