PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this loss was needed.

Nighthawk
09-27-2009, 07:39 PM
As hard as it is to say - it's early in the season and still early enough to change the mindset of the team around. It's obvious we come out on all cylinders the first half (Chicago and now Cinci) then fall off come the second half. The team seems almost complacent at times.

We must know this will hurt the guys in uniform worse then it will hurt us. Let's hope they use it for motivation to fix the very FIXABLE things that have been going wrong. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO :tt02::tt02:

Steelboy84
09-27-2009, 07:49 PM
When we play at home, we come out sluggish and win in the end.

One the road, we come out on fire and end the game sluggish.

As Smoky on the movie Friday said, "ya'll ain't never got two things that match. Kool-aid, no sugar, peanut butter, no jelly, ham, no burger."

Milkman
09-27-2009, 09:17 PM
As Smoky on the movie Friday said, "ya'll ain't never got two things that match. Kool-aid, no sugar, peanut butter, no jelly, ham, no burger."

:laughing:

BlastFurnace
09-27-2009, 09:19 PM
No. This loss was not "needed". If there was a wakeup call to put teams away when you have them down, it was last week.

The Bears and Bengals will both be between 6-10 and 8-8 at the end of the year.
For a team that everyone thinks is the "best" in football, we are very far from that right now.

saveus1011
09-27-2009, 09:24 PM
We are not the best, and we're proving it each week. We have a ton of work to do, and yes, SD can beat us.

sdchargeher
09-27-2009, 10:00 PM
We are not the best, and we're proving it each week. We have a ton of work to do, and yes, SD can beat us.

can? the Chargers EXPECT to beat the steelers next sunday night. NO ultra frigid conditions. Our receivers and rivers are playing great ball against some pretty solid defenses in baltimore the raiders and miami. Without LT in the game the game is on Rivers. I expect alot of big plays for the bolts

HometownGal
09-27-2009, 10:13 PM
While I am a lot more disappointed in this week's loss because we should have - by every blessed account - won that game and particularly because it was against a divisional opponent, I have every faith that this team will get it together, turn it around and make a run. Now beating the Browns and Rats in both matchups and taking revenge on a lucky Bungles team who will meet up with us again in our house is absolutely imperative.

steelbad@50
09-27-2009, 10:31 PM
While I am a lot more disappointed in this week's loss because we should have - by every blessed account - won that game and particularly because it was against a divisional opponent, I have every faith that this team will get it together, turn it around and make a run. Now beating the Browns and Rats in both matchups and taking revenge on a lucky Bungles team who will meet up with us again in our house is absolutely imperative.

This is my first post on this site so i would like to say hi to you and every one else on this board. And yes i agree with you the time is now for our team to turn it around against the Chargers. :pissed: Why do we have to do things the hard way:banging:, we need to take advantage of this week schedule and start winning. :tt03:

jjpro11
09-27-2009, 11:05 PM
a divisional loss is NEVER needed. last week should have been all the players needed to "wake up."

LVSteelersfan
09-27-2009, 11:07 PM
There is no such thing as a weak schedule folks. Every team in the league can beat any other team in the league on any given day. Give up the idea that teams like the Raiders and Lions will be a piece of cake to beat. They are going to give us everything they have and we better be ready each and every week.

SteelerFanInStl
09-27-2009, 11:18 PM
No. This loss was not "needed". If there was a wakeup call to put teams away when you have them down, it was last week.

The Bears and Bengals will both be between 6-10 and 8-8 at the end of the year.
For a team that everyone thinks is the "best" in football, we are very far from that right now.

:iagree: Although I think that the Bears and Bengals will be slightly better than what you suggest.

The Steelers have a lot of work to do but luckily there's a lot of time left. We don't need to win the division or have one of the best records. We just need to get in the playoffs and then everything starts over.

Steel_Bus_24
09-27-2009, 11:24 PM
:iagree: Although I think that the Bears and Bengals will be slightly better than what you suggest.

The Steelers have a lot of work to do but luckily there's a lot of time left. We don't need to win the division or have one of the best records. We just need to get in the playoffs and then everything starts over.

While I agree in principle, I don't like accepting lower standards...... thats what the browns and Bengals fans of the world do.....we are Steeler fans

steelbad@50
09-27-2009, 11:34 PM
There is no such thing as a weak schedule folks. Every team in the league can beat any other team in the league on any given day. Give up the idea that teams like the Raiders and Lions will be a piece of cake to beat. They are going to give us everything they have and we better be ready each and every week.
I have to respectivley disagree with you on the schedule thing. The strength of schedule plays a big part in a team making the playoffs. The example of the Raiders and Lions not being a piece of cake to beat may be true, but I would rather try to go through them to make the playoffs then the Ravens, Patriots, Giants or Colts.