PDA

View Full Version : Enough with the effing negativity!

NEPAsteeler
09-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Seriously... it's the 3rd week of the season. Last I checked, there were 16 weeks to play. Don't flood the forum with "the steelers suck" and other "blah blah blah" crap. Let the real fans enjoy the game.

Sorry, I had to vent.

There were many positives in tonight's game that we can build on:
The o-line held up pretty well for about 95% of the game
We actually had a running game tonight
I think we've found ourselves a nifty weapon in #17
Logan is one fast mutha effer (but we knew that already)
And I'm sure there's others I'm missing.

So enough with the negativity! Enjoy the rest of the season and try not to fall off of the bandwagon TOO hard. :thumbsup:

(MODs, do as you must with me or this thread. I just had to voice how I feel)

PolamaluPower
09-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Seriously... it's the 3rd week of the season. Last I checked, there were 16 weeks to play.

Finally! A post with good sense!

43Hitman
09-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Seriously... it's the 3rd week of the season. Last I checked, there were 16 weeks to play. Don't flood the forum with "the steelers suck" and other "blah blah blah" crap. Let the real fans enjoy the game.

Sorry, I had to vent.

So enough with the negativity! Enjoy the rest of the season and try not to fall off of the bandwagon TOO hard. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

SteeleReign
09-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Really? How positive do you think our locker room is right now?! We have a right to be pissed & feel a little negativity at the moment.

I assure you that Tomlin is NOT praising the moral victories that you listed. WINS & LOSSES are all that matters!!!!

I'm surely not falling off the bandwagon, but I can tell you that the wagon has a flat tire or two that needs fixing.

Burghfan58
09-27-2009, 07:56 PM
You may be content with being 1 and 2 ( the same record as the Lions ) but I'm not. Especially coming off a Super Bowl season. Both losses where completly winnable games that they let slip away. I'll still be rooting as hard as ever next week but right now I'm pissed.:banging:

NEPAsteeler
09-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Really? How positive do you think our locker room is right now?! We have a right to be pissed & feel a little negativity at the moment.

I assure you that Tomlin is NOT praising the moral victories that you listed. WINS & LOSSES are all that matters!!!!

I'm surely not falling off the bandwagon, but I can tell you that the wagon has a flat tire or two that needs fixing.

A loss sucks, yes, but when people insist that the season is automatically done with because we lost, that irritates a lot of people.

People have a nasty habit of coming onto here to do nothing but bitch and moan about a loss but have nothing positive to say when we do well.

X-Terminator
09-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Again, the season is over. Just present the Lombardi to the Jets or Giants, and let's move on.

Seriously, I have reached the limit with the negativity around here.

SteeleReign
09-27-2009, 07:57 PM
You may be content with being 1 and 2 ( the same record as the Lions ) but I'm not. Especially coming off a Super Bowl season. Both losses where completly winnable games that they let slip away. I'll still be rooting as hard as ever next week but right now I'm pissed.:banging:

Precisely!

NEPAsteeler
09-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Again, the season is over. Just present the Lombardi to the Jets or Giants, and let's move on.

Yep. We're 1-2. Ain't no way we're even gonna make the playoffs now. Fire Arians. Hell, just fire the entire staff and release every player on the roster.

SteeleReign
09-27-2009, 08:01 PM
A loss sucks, yes, but when people insist that the season is automatically done with because we lost, that irritates a lot of people.

People have a nasty habit of coming onto here to do nothing but bitch and moan about a loss but have nothing positive to say when we do well.

Well, I agree with you there. I endured enough losing seasons during the 80's to appreciate our level of success now. However, I also remember the level of consistent excellence of the 70's. Yeah, I know this is the era of free-agency, but we can't claim that as an excuse this time around.

We've now lost two we should have won & if not for a couple of breaks against the Titans, we'd be 0 and 3. Unacceptable!

Steel_12
09-27-2009, 08:01 PM
The season isn't over but stop complaining about people who want to point out that we aren't playing that good right now. If people want to stop rooting for the team, F*CK them! But fans should be allowed to criticize the team when we aren't playing well.

NEPAsteeler
09-27-2009, 08:02 PM
The season isn't over but stop complaining about people who want to point out that we aren't playing that good right now. If people want to stop rooting for the team, F*CK them! But fans should be allowed to criticize the team when we aren't playing well.

To each their own.

SteelerEmpire
09-27-2009, 08:03 PM

Yea... guys on here think we should not be upset or something ???:noidea:

Fire Haley
09-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Funny - I don't see a single thread that says "The Steelers suck"

Huh - must be just another Attention Ho wanting his name in lights.

...or another one of them Thought-Police Nazi's

NEPAsteeler
09-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Yea... guys on here think we should no be upset or something ???:noidea:

No. The whole point is that people come onto here to ONLY complain during a game then are completely silent when we're doing well.

SteeleReign
09-27-2009, 08:05 PM

It's not negativity. It's stating the obvious. Do you really expect people to come in here and say happy things as though the team is doing just fine?

SteelCityMan786
09-27-2009, 08:06 PM

Yes they should, but lets not act like the sky is falling

SteeleReign
09-27-2009, 08:06 PM
No. The whole point is that people come onto here to ONLY complain during a game then are completely silent when we're doing well.

A slightly "general" statement.

X-Terminator
09-27-2009, 08:07 PM
It's not negativity. It's stating the obvious. Do you really expect people to come in here and say happy things as though the team is doing just fine?

I expect people to keep a little effing faith, rather than act like the sky is falling. In other words, just act like a St. Louis Cardinals fan just once in your lives.

NEPAsteeler
09-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Should've known I was gonna start a war. :coffee:

Mods, do as you must with this thread. I'm just gonna go forth and enjoy the season.

SteeleReign
09-27-2009, 08:11 PM

I agree...but let's not forget that a forum is open for any and all comments. If you don't like negative comments, ignore them.

It amuses me when people get all FIRED UP because someone gets pissed about the team playing poorly. What do you think the coaches do when they get in the locker room?!?!?! Give out orange slices, pat everyone on the back & say "nice game...we almost won..." This isn't a 6 year-old girls soccer team.

Steel_12

Those people who want to leave the Steeler Nation, let them. For every 5 that leaves, there's 15 more that comes. I hate it when we lose and I go thru periods where I'm sick to my stomach with the team but I will never stop loving the Steelers. I will say that we suck when we suck tho.

SteeleReign
Those people who want to leave the Steeler Nation, let them. For every 5 that leaves, there's 15 more that comes. I hate it when we lose and I go thru periods where I'm sick to my stomach with the team but I will never stop loving the Steelers. I will say that we suck when we suck tho.

This. Bottom line.

Shoes
09-27-2009, 08:12 PM

Keep us updated on the locker room buzz. :coffee:

Steel_12
09-27-2009, 08:12 PM
I agree...but let's not forget that a forum is open for any and all comments. If you don't like negative comments, ignore them.

It amuses me when people get all FIRED UP because someone gets pissed about the team playing poorly. What do you think the coaches do when they get in the locker room?!?!?! Give out orange slices, pat everyone on the back & say "nice game...we almost won..." This isn't a 6 year-old girls soccer team.

lol @ orange slices...my son's soccer team gets those from the cheap parents lol

SteeleReign
09-27-2009, 08:14 PM
I expect people to keep a little effing faith, rather than act like the sky is falling. In other words, just act like a St. Louis Cardinals fan just once in your lives.

Well, if anyone has lost faith at this point then they are a little short-sighted. I'm not arguing with the idea that we need to support the team & have long-term faith. I'm just saying that having a pollyanna attitude, when the team is clearly under-performing, is also a little short-sighted.

SteelerEmpire
The positive perspective.... I can remember feeling this exact same way during the regular season the year we won that SB under Cowher....

X-Terminator
Should've known I was gonna start a war. :coffee:

Mods, do as you must with this thread. I'm just gonna go forth and enjoy the season.

Yeah well, you should know that after losses, people around here start acting like Philly fans. No positive thinking or keeping of faith is allowed.

Burghfan58
09-27-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm pretty sure that Tomlin isn't in the locker room right now saying that the team did some good things during the game. There is a venting period and after the venting is done you get back to business.

SteelersHoss

Sorry, I had to vent.

Just because you post negative comments or remarks, it does not make you a bandwagon fan. I am quite sure I am allowed to voice my displeasure or concern with the team, am I not???

NEPAsteeler
Yeah well, you should know that after losses, people around here start acting like Philly fans. No positive thinking or keeping of faith is allowed.

I know. I was stating the obvious, but I had to voice my feelings. lol.

SteeleReign
09-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Keep us updated on the locker room buzz. :coffee:

Haha...if you've taken the time to listen to Tomlin & his philosophy I'm sure you'd agree. He's not praising them for almost winning...he's preaching that there are no moral victories & no excuses for falling short.

Fire Haley

Sounds to me that YOU are the only one saying anything about the Steelers sucking, or fans leaving or anything like that hysterical outburst.

Must be a bottle baby.

Steel_12
The positive perspective.... I can remember feeling this exact same way during the regular season the year we won that SB under Cowher....

Yeah when we were 7-5 and Ben came back off of injury to lead us to the Super Bowl. I'm going to have to hear how much we suck from my friends who aren't Steelers fans...this week will suck

X-Terminator
09-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Yeah when we were 7-5 and Ben came back off of injury to lead us to the Super Bowl. I'm going to have to hear how much we suck from my friends who aren't Steelers fans...this week will suck

Honest and non-confrontational question here. Why should you give a rat's ass what any non-Steelers fan has to say about anything? I certainly don't. Let them talk - it should have absolutely no effect on you or your life.

SteeleReign
09-27-2009, 08:21 PM

Well, looking back to last year, we lost a couple early on that we should have won too. So, I have complete faith that we will be in the hunt. I just really wanted to come out this year and dominate both sides of the ball, but something is slightly off.

It's just a let-down after such a positive training camp.

Steel_12
09-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Sounds to me that YOU are the only one saying anything about the Steelers sucking, or fans leaving or anything like that hysterical outburst.

Must be a bottle baby.

What the F are you talkin about? Hysterical outburst? There were some fans that said they were leaving, clown! And I didn't say that we sucked, I said I will say that we suck when we suck. Comprehend much?

NEPAsteeler
09-27-2009, 08:23 PM
A loss is a loss, take it as you want. I never let a loss get to me. It shouldn't. It's a game. Do I get upset when the Steelers lose? Hell yeah. Who doesn't? But I don't let it get the best of me and try to keep my spirits up. I try to embrace the positive things in a game, even if there weren't any. If you're gonna come onto here without contributing anything worthwhile, then keep it to yourself, and I know there's those on here who will agree with me on atleast that.

Steel_12
09-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Honest and non-confrontational question here. Why should you give a rat's ass what any non-Steelers fan has to say about anything? I certainly don't. Let them talk - it should have absolutely no effect on you or your life.

Everybody knows I'm a Steelers fan...what bothers me is the people who don't know anything about football and talk. But it doesn't affect my life to the point where I'm going to chop up my neighbor. It isn't THAT serious but it is aggravating.

Steel_Bus_24
09-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Well, looking back to last year, we lost a couple early on that we should have won too. So, I have complete faith that we will be in the hunt. I just really wanted to come out this year and dominate both sides of the ball, but something is slightly off.

It's just a let-down after such a positive training camp.

we weren't losing to mediocre teams whom we let hang around long enough for them to win

Fire Haley
09-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Well I watched the whole game - Steelers blew it. Plain and simple.

Lots of goats for the slaughter.

SteelCityMan786
09-27-2009, 08:32 PM

Indeed it is open for any comments, but there are certain comments that we do find annoying.

And they sure as hell are NOT doing that. If they were, I'd be wondering what the heck has happened.

If they want to leave the nation, I tell em' don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya. :drink:

wmjeffers
09-27-2009, 08:37 PM
There is no excuse for the Steelers continually, taking early leads, then sitting on them until they either fall behind and lose, or have to come from behind. I'm sick of it, there is no reason with all the weapons the Steelers have, to not only come out early and take the lead, but THEN, put the game away. Bruce Arians gets defended all the time, but why? He shouldn't even need to be defended with this offense, we have the type of weapons that could easily dominate on offense, put the game away, and then sit on a 20 point lead instead of 10, then 3 or 5 then behind... stupid mindset.

stlrtruck
09-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Here let me give you the thread titles for the coming week:

Limas sucks
FWP sucks
Arians sucks
Fire Tomlin
The O-line can't block
Ben holds on to the ball too long
Blah blah blah

You nah sayers can kiss my fat white arse!

I still believe that this team will be in the playoffs and they will be a force to be reckoned with come the end of the season.

If you bunch of pu$$ie$ want to join the Chris Collinsworth and belittle the Steelers than your magina's are showing and just proof that you're nothing more than a bunch of "We're winning, we're great" phantom fans!

wmjeffers
09-27-2009, 08:44 PM
My post was certainly a legitimate concern, I never said any of that crap you said. Fire Tomlin? Now that is crazy.. now some of the other things, heck yeah. And yes, Arians does not impress with his wait til it is almost to late strategy on offense... we lost today because of it. And I DO believe we are going to the playoffs, didn't say that either... if we don't keep blowing games we should have dominated from start to finish

Steeldude
09-27-2009, 08:49 PM
quit overreacting with the "people are saying the season is over". i haven't seen a single post that says the steelers are done for the year.

fans should be upset at this sorry display of football the past two weeks. the first week they won, but they did not play well either. is next week going to be another 13-10 steelers' lead in the 4th? so far it seems very likely. will the steelers win next week? most likely, but i wouldn't say it's a 100% certainty.

People have a nasty habit of coming onto here to do nothing but bitch and moan about a loss but have nothing positive to say when we do well

it's called venting. some people may take it to the extreme, but most add some logic and/or facts to their rants. i find the people who have nothing to say but blind homerisms to be far more annoying.

KYsteelfan
09-27-2009, 08:58 PM
I think were gonna be just fine. yeah, we are doing alot of things wrong, but itll get corrected. there is way to much pride that these players have, to let this crap keep happening. weve got a pretty easy bit coming up here to get on track, and troy will be back soon. we still got this.

Fire Haley
09-27-2009, 09:08 PM
What the F are you talkin about? Hysterical outburst? There were some fans that said they were leaving, clown! And I didn't say that we sucked, I said I will say that we suck when we suck. Comprehend much?

Stop squealing, take a Midol.

Shoes
09-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Haha...if you've taken the time to listen to Tomlin & his philosophy I'm sure you'd agree. He's not praising them for almost winning...he's preaching that there are no moral victories & no excuses for falling short.

That's good, tell Mike I said hi :coffee:

HometownGal
09-27-2009, 11:41 PM

Sad, but oh so true. :shake02: I call 'em out on it regularly.

I love your 'tude NEPA and I'm right there with you. :drink: The season is young and there's still a helluva lot of football to be played. If people who call themselves "fans" don't want to support this team after a bump in the road, screw 'em. The door to the bandwagon is open - be sure not to trip on the step on the way off.

Preacher
09-28-2009, 12:06 AM
My post was certainly a legitimate concern, I never said any of that crap you said. Fire Tomlin? Now that is crazy.. now some of the other things, heck yeah. And yes, Arians does not impress with his wait til it is almost to late strategy on offense... we lost today because of it. And I DO believe we are going to the playoffs, didn't say that either... if we don't keep blowing games we should have dominated from start to finish

And exactly why should have we dominated it? The Bungles have had much higher draft picks than we have. They have lost how many games to us? They too have the ability to make changes at half-time.

This league is setup to allow teams that lose to become winners and teams that win to not be able to keep winning over the long term.

Explain to me again how we should have dominated from start to finish?!?! Because we are the Steelers right? :coffee:

KeiselPower99
09-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Bitch moan complain all you want. Yes we are 1-2. But a few plays and we would be 3-0. The only thing I see that we need is a healthy Troy. He is the reason our defense plays the way we are used to. I hate losing.