PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Tickets question

seareman
09-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Hi, I'm traveling with my 10-year old son to the Steelers/Vikings game on October 25th and was wondering if anybody had a suggestion regarding the best place to buy tickets? I've looked a StubHub, eBay and a few other of the big online sites but thought there might be somewhere local in Pittsburgh that sells good seats. Thanks!

nojobny
09-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Normally I would recommend the Steelers ticket exchange but they're doing some sort of software upgrade so who knows when that will be up.

I always have good luck with Stubhub.com and they guarantee the tickets will be good.

MNIKEH
09-28-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm looking too but for the Browns any help would be greatly appreciated.

seareman
09-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks! Stubhub seems to have the most reasonable prices also...?

Mikes38
10-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Check vividseat.com. I think there fees were a little less expensive.

Thome10
10-07-2009, 01:56 AM
We have a group of friends meeting in Pittsburgh for the Steelers-Vikings game. Instead of testing an online site, we were told that scalping outside the stadium is a good option. About half of our group has tickets from friends in the area, the other half is wondering if it is worth the risk outside the stadium on game day or if they should just go with stubhub. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Can't wait for Primanti Bros & Heinz Field!

steelerchad
10-07-2009, 09:24 AM
If you're coming from out of town, I'm not sure I'd risk that. Normally, you'd be ok doing that. But you picked the 1 game that could be a problem. If the Steelers and Vikes win their next 2 games which I suspect they will. The Vikes will be 6-0 and the Steelers 4-2.
Every year there is 1 or 2 games where the price gets higher the closer in you get to the game. The Vikes are that game this year. Last year it was the Cowboys. Year before it was the Browns (they were 10-6 that year).

When the Vikes signed Favre the price was around $135/ticket on Stubhub. Now the cheapest seat is around $230 and there are only around 600 seats listed. This is very low, most other games have a couple thousands seats.
My guess is there will be some but not alot of seats for sale on gameday and the street scalpers will be looking for big $'s. I personally would pay the $250 or so per ticket on Stubhub, but I'd watch the site and Ebay and if you find a deal less than $200 per ticket I'd probably jump on it.

MNIKEH
10-07-2009, 06:08 PM
If u r willing to miss kickoff they will b much cheaper

steelerchad
10-07-2009, 06:47 PM
maybe so. But maybe not in this case.
I tried that in 2001 AFCC game against the Pats.
Prices were at $350 at 8am in the parking lot. We figured we'd wait it out and it only got worse. By kickoff, no ticket to be had except one jackass with a few single seats selling at $650 a piece.
I'm not saying this will be that kind of frenzy, but just look at what they're selling for on Stubhub and Ebay. Nothing is going for less than $200 per ticket. So showing up and expecting to pay near face value isn't going to happen unless you get real lucky.

klick81
10-07-2009, 06:56 PM
If you value your sanity, STAY AWAY FROM STUB HUB!!! If you would like me to go into detail I will, but I would not go back to them after my experience with them these past few months.

STAY. AWAY. FROM. STUB.HUB.

MNIKEH
10-08-2009, 07:56 AM
please tell more about stubhub