PDA

View Full Version : Fan Bitching/Whining 101

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-28-2009, 01:06 PM
*************Fan Bitching/Whining 101*********

Everyone please take your seats...alphabetic order by height...thank you.

Today we are going to go over a few things. There will be no test, but you may wish to take notes, so I will pause here while you get out your notebooks and pens................Okay, first of all, the requirements for this class is that you be an actual Fan of the Steelers and and have taken the pre-requisit class of Football 101, so that it can be assumed that we all have some basic understanding of the game.

The purpose of this class is to educate all in regards to the PROPER way of dealing with A) a loss B) a bad day by a player of coach and C) Lord forbid, a losing season.

Okay time to take notes.

Everyone has a right to be upset over certain things...but we need to follow a few basic common sense rules

1) Dont post when you are over-emotional...

I automatically switch to female PMSing mode and all I hear is :blah: "sucks". Give it some time...get your thoughts straight in your mind...THEN post.

2) As true fans and therefore members of the Steeler Nation family...a good rule of thumb is to try and treat each coach/player as you would if you were on the team.

Be realistic. If they messed up, its find to say they messed up. But have their back. They are OUR team. No problem with saying Sweed didnt play up to his potential this week. But back your guy. Sweed is NOT going to be cut in mid season and It is silly to suggest so. Simply put: Be constructive in your criticism

*Use the following example if this is confusing you.

Bad Example: "Sweed is a bust and needs to be cut immediatly,"
Good Example: "Sweed should have made that catch. He needs to show that he is worthy of a second round pick."

The first example is mindless, unrealistic emotion...the second is fact based and sets a ruler as to what is expected.

3) Check yourself on the amount of negative posts.

If the majority of your posts are negative in regards to a team with THIS KIND OF HISTORY...then you may want to question your motives. That isnt to say that you cant have a negative post. Its just saying that their is sooooo much postive about our team that you may have an underlying motive behind a "need" to always be negative.

Are you trying to prove something to the rest of forum? Are you trying to bring attention to yourself by setting yourself apart? Are you a sado-masochist at heart?

Whatever...feel free to state your opinion but check your level of negativity on a regular basis and make sure your posts are for the benefit of the forum and not some personal need.

4) Dont take the easy route.

The easiest thing in the world is to post without facts or if giving facts/stats, fail to put them in the proper perspective. We all want to hear what you have to say. We all want to hear your opinion. BUT your responsibility is to do your homework and back up your opinion. Educate us...seriously.....we appreciate points of view that we had not thought about before!!! Well though out opposite view points might not change anyones mind but are respected more than fluff posts.

5) Remember we are not like other teams, therefore not like other forums.

I wonder how many new people, who may have been welcomed contributing members of the forum...check us out...see all the negativity and move on.

I also wonder how many people who are negative by nature, troll by, and think HEY!!! this is the place for me!!!!!

We are fans of the 6 Time World Champions. We are winners...not whiners. Act accordingly. If I felt the need to feel sorry for myself and wallow in self pity, I will become a Browns fan. I have no use for those who whine constantly. Those that I supervise who have filled that position and there are no openings at this time....sorry.

That about covers it.

Class over.
:scholar:

Please send all negative comments to Tony Hipchest...:chuckle:

steelpride12
09-28-2009, 01:26 PM
I just keep my posts limited on here and check every other day after a loss. I can't take all the whining and crying its too much, too early.

1st&Goal
09-28-2009, 01:27 PM
There's still plenty of time to right the ship. I believe all the bugs will be worked out. I'd rather the Steelers find out their weaknesses and fix them now, rather than later in the season. It'll be alright. :twocents:

fansince'76
09-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Careful, or you'll be called a B&G-colored glasses-wearing Kool-Aid drinking cheerleader....

stlrtruck
09-28-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm I suppose to be in alphabetical order by screen name or real name? And what if the guy in front of me is taller than me and the guy behind me is shorter than me?

I'm confused, you suck, you need to be fired!!!*****

*****please Lord, oh please, let them understand that the above post contained large doses of underused sarcasm!

Indo
09-28-2009, 01:33 PM

Today we are going to go over a few things. There will be no test, but you may wish to take notes, so I will pause here while you get out your notebooks and pens................Okay, first of all, the requirements for this class is that you be an actual Fan of the Steelers and and have taken the pre-requisit class of Football 101, so that it can be assumed that we all have some basic understanding of the game.

The purpose of this class is to educate all in regards to the PROPER way of dealing with A) a loss B) a bad day by a player of coach and C) Lord forbid, a losing season.

Okay time to take notes.

Everyone has a right to be upset over certain things...but we need to follow a few basic common sense rules

I automatically switch to female PMSing mode and all I hear is :blah: "sucks". Give it some time...get your thoughts straight in your mind...THEN post.

2) As true fans and therefore members of the Steeler Nation family...a good rule of thumb is to try and treat each coach/player as you would if you were on the team.

Be realistic. If they messed up, its find to say they messed up. But have their back. They are OUR team. No problem with saying Sweed didnt play up to his potential this week. But back your guy. Sweed is NOT going to be cut in mid season and It is silly to suggest so. Simply put: Be constructive in your criticism

Good Example: "Sweed should have made that catch. He needs to show that he is worthy of a second round pick."

The first example is mindless, unrealistic emotion...the second is fact based and sets a ruler as to what is expected.

If the majority of your posts are negative in regards to a team with THIS KIND OF HISTORY...then you may want to question your motives. That isnt to say that you cant have a negative post. Its just saying that their is sooooo much postive about our team that you may have an underlying motive behind a "need" to always be negative.

Are you trying to prove something to the rest of forum? Are you trying to bring attention to yourself by setting yourself apart? Are you a sado-masochist at heart?

Whatever...feel free to state your opinion but check your level of negativity on a regular basis and make sure your posts are for the benefit of the forum and not some personal need.

The easiest thing in the world is to post without facts or if giving facts/stats, fail to put them in the proper perspective. We all want to hear what you have to say. We all want to hear your opinion. BUT your responsibility is to do your homework and back up your opinion. Educate us...seriously.....we appreciate points of view that we had not thought about before!!! Well though out opposite view points might not change anyones mind but are respected more than fluff posts.

I wonder how many new people, who may have been welcomed contributing members of the forum...check us out...see all the negativity and move on.

I also wonder how many people who are negative by nature, troll by, and think HEY!!! this is the place for me!!!!!

We are fans of the 6 Time World Champions. We are winners...not whiners. Act accordingly. If I felt the need to feel sorry for myself and wallow in self pity, I will become a Browns fan. I have no use for those who whine constantly. Those that I supervise who have filled that position and there are no openings at this time....sorry.

That about covers it.

Class over.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:laughing:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-28-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm I suppose to be in alphabetical order by screen name or real name? And what if the guy in front of me is taller than me and the guy behind me is shorter than me?

I'm confused, you suck, you need to be fired!!!*****

*****please Lord, oh please, let them understand that the above post contained large doses of underused sarcasm!

Depends..is the tall guy before or after you in alphabetic order and is the shorter guy using his real name?

43Hitman
09-28-2009, 01:47 PM
I think I am taller than strltruck, and if we go by user name, will numbers go first?:tap:

Fire Haley
09-28-2009, 02:01 PM
tap and move up

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sayeth the homer sheep.

The_WARDen
09-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Sorry...what was the prerequisite again?

:wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-28-2009, 02:20 PM
tap and move up

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sayeth the homer sheep.

Since reading comprehension isnt your thing....I specifically said

Be realistic. If they messed up, its fine to say they messed up

and....

Well though out opposite view points might not change anyones mind but are respected more than fluff posts.

and in your case I will add....

Are you trying to prove something to the rest of forum? Are you trying to bring attention to yourself by setting yourself apart?

and....

I have no use for those who whine constantly.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Sorry...what was the prerequisite again?

:wink02:

pre-reqi.....

pre-regu....

Oh the hell with it...the "required" class!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-28-2009, 02:26 PM
I think I am taller than strltruck, and if we go by user name, will numbers go first?:tap:

Unfortunately...until Troy returns...you are required to wear grey sweats and sit in the back of the class.

xfl2001fan
09-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Is it ok for other teams fans to come in and gloat and :stir: even if their team is absoloutely atrocious and looking to have a losing streak that rivals even the Lions abysmal mark of 19 straight (and 0-16 in a season?)

I'm not saying I'd do that...just trying to get a good feel for where the lines are. :flap:

That being said, good post LLT. I usually come into the Steelers section after a loss to be amused by the doom n' gloomers who really have no clue how good they've got it.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Is it ok for other teams fans to come in and gloat and :stir: even if their team is absoloutely atrocious and looking to have a losing streak that rivals even the Lions abysmal mark of 19 straight (and 0-16 in a season?)

I'm not saying I'd do that...just trying to get a good feel for where the lines are. :flap:

That being said, good post LLT. I usually come into the Steelers section after a loss to be amused by the doom n' gloomers who really have no clue how good they've got it.

Thanks buddy...I KNOW you saw the part I put in there...just... for...you!!!!

Act accordingly. If I felt the need to feel sorry for myself and wallow in self pity, I will become a Browns fan.

:chuckle::chuckle:

wootawnee
09-28-2009, 03:18 PM

Okay time to take notes.

That about covers it.

Class over.

Yea whatever Dillhole..........

Ask Jack Lambert how many times he refrained fom cussing out dudes and Motherf#$#%king people........

You suk, and most of Pittsburgh got soft since the 70's.......

Look around the stands, all you see is overweight steel worker wannabes........

So stuff if , and if you can't put up with the mean Mothers of ole, then don't read ...cause the "we will kick you in the ribs" spirit is still out there and if you try to kill it, it will kill you.......

It is what made this country......Pal...

Tough Love........

Chuck Noll quote " Jack Lambert stands for everything that is right ".....

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Yea whatever Dillhole"

Dillhole?

Ask Jack Lambert how many times he refrained fom cussing out dudes and Motherf#$#%king people........

..and that is relevent .....how? Ask anyone who played with Lambert and they will tell you he was a team player...and always had his teammates back.

LOL...I'm 6'1 205 lbs...I bike 5 miles three times a weak...ex-army ...ex-cop...and taught self defense classes in both capacities. Easy to call someone soft on an internet forum.:laughing:

So stuff if , and if you can't put up with the mean Mothers of ole, then don't read ...cause the "we will kick you in the ribs" spirit is still out there and if you try to kill it, it will kill you.......

Are you drunk?

You ever try to kick me in the ribs and you will be enjoying a diet of jello for the next 6 months.

I'm not your pal....I have a firm rule that all my friends have I.Q.'s over 65.

Tough Love........

weak post.

your an idiot.

Rek
09-28-2009, 03:31 PM
I hate bandwagoners. This board has the reputation of being the smartest, intelligent Steelers board, leave your BS at the door. I do not want to see the people on this board become bandwagoners and love the Steelers when they win and hate them when they lose.

We are NOT the patriots or cowboys or a handful of the other teams out there that are full of fair-weather fans.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-28-2009, 03:34 PM
I hate bandwagoners. This board has the reputation of being the smartest, intelligent Steelers board, leave your BS at the door. I do not want to see the people on this board become bandwagoners and love the Steelers when they win and hate them when they lose.

We are NOT the patriots or cowboys or a handful of the other teams out there that are full of fair-weather fans.

:thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-28-2009, 03:48 PM

Tough Love............

Its posts like this that make me realize that I am on the right side of this debate.
:laughing::laughing:

if you can't put up with the mean Mothers of ole, then don't read ...cause the "we will kick you in the ribs" spirit is still out there and if you try to kill it, it will kill you.......
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

43Hitman
09-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Unfortunately...until Troy returns...you are required to wear grey sweats and sit in the back of the class.

Daamn!! :chuckle:

stlrtruck
09-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Depends..is the tall guy before or after you in alphabetic order and is the shorter guy using his real name?

I'm not sure, let me ask.....

Ok, the tall guy is not using his real name and the short guy (who kind of looks like Tom Brady) is using his wife's name!

SteelTalons
09-28-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm not your pal....I have a firm rule that all my friends have I.Q.'s over 65.

Thats pretty low standard LLT... :wink02: :laughing:

devilsdancefloor
09-28-2009, 04:22 PM

Tough Love........

Wow! You are some kind of internet tough guy! Please put the crack pipe down and slowly walk away. :thumbsup:

NJarhead
09-28-2009, 04:28 PM

Okay time to take notes.

That about covers it.

Class over.

How's this:

(in my best Richard Gere from Pretty Woman voice) "I'm very angry with the Steelers."
:laughing:

In all seriousness, I'm not terribly concerned but I sure felt depressed this morning....but nothing that a little run couldn't fix.

NJarhead
09-28-2009, 04:30 PM

Tough Love........

Someone needs a girlfriend. :rolleyes:

SteelTalons
09-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Someone needs a girlfriend. :rolleyes:

More like someone needs to learn how to use punctuation properly. Every damn post Ive seen from that dude has like 7 or 8 periods following the end of every sentence.

I didn't know William Shatner was a Steelers fan, all these long pauses between brief sentences.

Indo
09-28-2009, 04:53 PM
More like someone needs to learn how to use punctuation properly. Every damn post Ive seen from that dude has like 7 or 8 periods following the end of every sentence.

I didn't know William Shatner was a Steelers fan, all these long pauses between brief sentences.

It's all Shatner's fault!

FIRE SHATNER!!

(James Tiberius Kirk, my @ss)

shovelnose
09-28-2009, 08:18 PM

Tough Love........

Read the top right of the page!
Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
Intelligent and friendly discussions.

I see neither here!

SteelersMongol
09-28-2009, 08:46 PM
U said alphabetically, but U didn't say which. R V talking about Mongolian Cyrillic alphabet or the other 1 that some of U folks from the North America use. :wink02: If it's the latter it will B really hard 4 me cuz my American sucks. :chuckle:

TackleMeBen
09-28-2009, 09:09 PM
LLT, did you ask that all the hot chicks move up front???:wink02:

very good post LLT..

as my dad always said.. you are fan whether they win or lose.

NEPAsteeler
09-28-2009, 09:30 PM
To hell with the haters and the "fair-weather" fans. We have one of, if not, the most successful franchises in the NFL. Why people find it necessary to bitch when we lose our chance to go 16-0 is beyond me. A loss makes you stronger - you build off of it and right your wrongs!