PDA

View Full Version : Putting things in perspective.

SteelRNation
09-28-2009, 03:07 PM
People around here get so worked up about these losses but lets take a look at what teams have done recently with the best record. Last year, the Titans lose in the 1st round as the AFC #1 seed. Year before, the Patriots lose in the Super Bowl after going undefeated throughout the season. In 2006, the Chargers were the #1 in the AFC and lose in the 1st round of the playoffs to the Patriots. In 2005,..well we all know the story behind out magical #6 seed drive for 5. In 2004, we should all remember this one as well, since it was Ben's rookie season and we went 15-1 and grabbed the #1 seed only to lose in the AFCCG to the Patriots. So everyone upset about the loses can relax a bit and know that the team with the best record in the AFC hasnt won shit recently. Its gonna be fine. I'll take a 12-4 battle tested season over a 15-1 coast that springs up and bits you in the ass in the playoffs.

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-28-2009, 06:41 PM
12-4! You honestly think we can go 12-4. I'm thinking 10-6 at best, and thats if we get our shIt together!

SteelRNation
09-28-2009, 06:46 PM
12-4! You honestly think we can go 12-4. I'm thinking 10-6 at best, and thats if we get our shIt together!

You know Cape Cod...I'm gonna revist this thread throughout the season just from your post. At worse we go 11-5. But 12-4 is the mark. We have the Chargers, Lions, and Browns coming up. We will be 5-2 after that...so lets see what happens.

KYsteelfan
09-28-2009, 06:49 PM
12 -4 very possible. Im thinking probably 11-5 with a loss to the ravens once, and probably vikings, with an extra loss somewhere when we arent paying attention, perhaps even next week. Chargers are tough. we should, and i stress should, though, take them at home. so yeah 11-5 12-4, and in the afc, thats good enough for a #2 seed.
i think the division is still in reach. lets not get carried away now people. its only week 3. the ravens, played nobody so far, and we all know cincy cant keep up the pace, so its possible. well be just fine

SteelRNation
09-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Anotherwords, we would have to go 5-4 in our last 9 games if my theory is right for you to hit your 10-6 or less mark. I hope people realize we have Miami(just lost Pennington), Kansas City, Oakland, Cleveland and Green bay coming down the home stretch for the playoffs. The only team we play in our last 6 game strecth is the Ravens. the rest is the teams I listed.

* sorry, we play the Ravens twice...so that is our last eight games...Chiefs, Ravens, Raiders, Dolphins, Packers, and Browns. At worse we go 6-2 there...at best obviously 8-0. Realitically..7-1

steeltheone
09-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Our Schedule is on our side this year. Thats the only reason we win 11 or 12.

SteelRNation
09-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Our Schedule is on our side this year. Thats the only reason we win 11 or 12.

Exactly right, steel. Our scedule is very favorable. We have 4 teams coming down the strecth that are a combined 1-11 right now.(Dolphins, Raiders,Browns, and Chiefs)

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-28-2009, 08:24 PM
You know Cape Cod...I'm gonna revist this thread throughout the season just from your post. At worse we go 11-5. But 12-4 is the mark. We have the Chargers, Lions, and Browns coming up. We will be 5-2 after that...so lets see what happens.4-2 if we win them all,and right now this team hasn't really shown me anything. We barely beat an 0-3 Titans team. Look I hope your right, but unless they start playing a lot better on both sides of the ball, even with the schedule, I don't see them winning more than 10.

T&B fan
09-28-2009, 08:56 PM
11 -5 not a sure #2 . last yr the pats where 11-5 and had no play offs .... every game is a must ,

SteelRNation
09-28-2009, 09:07 PM
11 -5 not a sure #2 . last yr the pats where 11-5 and had no play offs .... every game is a must ,

How often has that happened? zero! I will gaurantee you if our Steelers make an 11-5 record, they make the playoffs. Let me say this...even as a Steeler fan I was screaming that the Pats should get a playoff spot last year. That was wrong they win 11 games and get left out. I want to play the best. As I'm sure most here do to.

billybob
09-28-2009, 09:18 PM
The way we have been closing out games as of late ,makes me realize the work that lies ahead .
I have seen quite simular circumstances before . We are never gonna be perfect , but i believe in my "STEELER" soul , that we have more to bring to the table , than what we have shown , thus far !
What most ticked me off was the fact we let a division foe escape with a win . To make it where we want to go ; we can not faulter again .

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

BlackAndGold4Ever
09-28-2009, 09:29 PM
I predicted at the beginning of the season, when all is said and done we'll be at 11-5 and I still believe its feasible. The most important thing is winning the division which may be more difficult than I thought on week one. There is still alot of football left. I have faith

MaidenIndiana
09-28-2009, 10:13 PM
If I remember correctlythe last time we played Oakland it should have been an automatic win and yet we somehow managed to lose. The upcoming schedule may not be as easy as some might think it is. And from what I saw while attending yesterday's game there's not going to be ANY easy games for us this year.These games that we are just giving away could come back and bite us in the ass come the end of the season

SteelerEmpire
09-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Ok.... our # 1 priority (regular season) is to make it to the playoffs..... If you examine the schedules of both our primary competitors in our division.... the Bengals and Ravens.... you can pick out about 6-8 games that each could lose.... Seeing the Ravens are ahead of us by 2 games and the Bengals 1.... don' t be surprised if things turn around in our favor.

X-Terminator
09-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Really, who cares what their final record will be? Just get in the playoffs. That's all. And based on recent history, anything can happen after that.

Steelers & I
09-29-2009, 02:57 AM
You know Cape Cod...I'm gonna revist this thread throughout the season just from your post. At worse we go 11-5. But 12-4 is the mark. We have the Chargers, Lions, and Browns coming up. We will be 5-2 after that...so lets see what happens.

I agree. I said the same thing yesterday, the Steelers will not lose more than 2 more games the remainder of the season. That is if Roetlisberger is indeed healthy for the majority of the season. I don't know how anyone can look at their schedule and predict 4 more losses putting them at 10-6 at seasons end, :noidea: No way will that happen. AT THE MOST, 2 more losses. Hell they should be 3-0 right now so things aren't too bad. They'll get their $hit together.

Steelers & I
09-29-2009, 03:00 AM
How often has that happened? zero! I will gaurantee you if our Steelers make an 11-5 record, they make the playoffs. Let me say this...even as a Steeler fan I was screaming that the Pats should get a playoff spot last year. That was wrong they win 11 games and get left out. I want to play the best. As I'm sure most here do to.

Hell the Steelers have won the #1 seed with an 11-5 record more than once so yes, 11-5 is in.

solardave
09-29-2009, 03:42 AM

I know it's not time to panic but I think there needs to be a sense of urgency. After all being the SB champs we have the mark. We have an easy schedule only if we play for 60 minutes. we all know on any given day...... As Tomlin says we can't blink,and so far we've blinked two weeks in a row. It's time to wake up and smell the other teams fear.