PDA

View Full Version : 1978 AFC Championship game. Steelers vs. Oilers.

SteelRNation
09-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Here is a video on you tube if you want to watch some old vintage Steeler football. What alot of us old guys grew up on. The tracking is bad at first and then it gets better. If you want to continue to watch the game just keep hitting the next part...I think there are 15 of them. This is will bring some guys here back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhO9CuTAC7U&feature=related

AllD
09-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Vintage?!? Man, I watched that game at home.

Still the greatest Dynasty of all time.

SteelRNation
09-28-2009, 05:34 PM
Vintage?!? Man, I watched that game at home.

Still the greatest Dynasty of all time.

Watching Rocky never gets old. All the other guys got their due, but Rocky was just a workhorse and took a tragic thing to happen for people to realize it.

SteelTalons
09-28-2009, 05:38 PM
0:55 to 1:09

Where have I heard that before?

"Well Kurt when you talk about the Steelers you have to talk about Terry Bradshaw. You didn't have to do that three years ago, their team was different, now they're a throwing team they've threw it for more than run it. He's been the guy to get'em out of the soup when they need to."

Can't the same be said about the Steelers of today that aren't playing "Steeler Football"? That we aren't running the ball enough and throwing to much? And last but not least hasn't Big Ben bailed us out when we've needed it?

I dunno, seems to me if we won what? Three superbowls at least maybe four throwing the football. Sounds to me like Steeler Football's only requirement in the end is to win.

Wasn't alive to see this game, so I'll be sure to watch this series of clips when I get some time later. Plus it looks like they've uploaded some other games too from back when gonna have to check them out too.

SteelRNation
09-28-2009, 05:43 PM
0:55 to 1:09

Where have I heard that before?

"Well Kurt when you talk about the Steelers you have to talk about Terry Bradshaw. You didn't have to do that three years ago, their team was different, now they're a throwing team they've threw it for more than run it. He's been the guy he's been the guy to get'em out of the soup when they need to."

Can't the same be said about the Steelers of today that aren't playing "Steeler Football"? That we aren't running the ball enough and throwing to much? And last but not least hasn't Big Ben bailed us out when we've needed it?

I dunno, seems to me if we won what? Three superbowls at least maybe four throwing the football. Sounds to me like Steeler Football's only requirement in the end is to win.

Wasn't alive to see this game, so I'll be sure to watch this series of clips when I get some time later. Plus it looks like they've uploaded some other games too from back when gonna have to check them out too.

You'll love it SteelTalons...make sure and check it out.

SteelRNation
09-28-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm still watching this thing and watching Rocky is unreal. the guy played small with alot of pain and was just huge in heart. He served his country and was a giant as far as I'm concerned.

Indo
09-28-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm still watching this thing and watching Rocky is unreal. the guy played small with alot of pain and was just huge in heart. He served his country and was a giant as far as I'm concerned.

Yep.

I'd give my left gonad to see another Bleier come along

I watched this whole series of videos about 2 months ago (off season and I needed a Steelers fix)

I remember this game way back when---they just shut down Campbell

These guys were the Real Deal---not that the current players aren't, but just imagine watching a game where everyone wearing black and gold had the same Intensity as Polamalu.

Steelstralia
09-29-2009, 02:03 AM
this is what i have been looking for! thanks!

MattsMe
09-29-2009, 02:49 AM
I'd give my left gonad to see another Bleier come along

I totally agree. I too would give your left gonad to see another Bleier come along.
:chuckle:

All kidding aside, I love that guy, and love these videos. I've watched them all repeatedly and never get tired of them.