PDA

View Full Version : For All the bashers out there...

STEELTOWNBEATDOWN
09-28-2009, 10:30 PM
I see a lot of people bashing limas out there and thats okay, but mendenhall is the one we should really be worried about. Ever since he was drafted their have been questions in his heart and work ethic. Last year, he blew off practices, and meetings probably because he was at home playing video games. Now, all of a sudden he can't pass a test because he doesn't know the plays? Obviously they don't play him for a reason. Running back is the easiest position to transition to in the NFL, and rashard isn't even close in his second year. On the other hand, Wide receiver takes on average three years for the player to "get it". It is also considered the hardest position to transition to. Sweed bashers, give him patience because he still has time to get his focus on track. He already has the hardest part of playing receiver down, and that is getting OPEN. He just needs to work with the coaches on his fundamentals and concentration skills.If he gets it right, he is going to be the guy over wallace because he has size and speed while wallace just has speed. Overall, im labeling mendenhall a bust right now at this moment because running backs usually should playing right now. Something just isn't right with this kid. I'll be glad to hear your arguments.

tony hipchest
09-28-2009, 10:44 PM
labelling mendenhall a bust while defending sweed in the next breath makes no sense to me.

i declare neither a bust at this point.

both would be starters on a dozen teams at this point (and both would probably be flourishing).

urbick and k. lewis cant even sniff the active day roster for the steelers this year. has anyone seen ziggy hood on the field?

being drafted by the steelers is almost the kiss of death for a rookie.

duma
09-28-2009, 10:56 PM
labelling mendenhall a bust while defending sweed in the next breath makes no sense to me.

i declare neither a bust at this point.

both would be starters on a dozen teams at this point (and both would probably be flourishing).

urbick and k. lewis cant even sniff the active day roster for the steelers this year. has anyone seen ziggy hood on the field?

being drafted by the steelers is almost the kiss of death for a rookie.

I thought Ziggy got some time in Cinci. I remember them announcing his name, but I look at the stats and he isn't there. :noidea:

RavensD
09-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Way too early for the bust talk.

I can see Limas developing into a Chad Johnson kind of guy...have a huge week or two, disappear for a few weeks, repeat.
Not sure what to think of Mendenhall yet.

rick723
09-28-2009, 11:05 PM
I see a lot of people bashing limas out there and thats okay, but mendenhall is the one we should really be worried about. Ever since he was drafted their have been questions in his heart and work ethic. Last year, he blew off practices, and meetings probably because he was at home playing video games. Now, all of a sudden he can't pass a test because he doesn't know the plays? Obviously they don't play him for a reason. Running back is the easiest position to transition to in the NFL, and rashard isn't even close in his second year. On the other hand, Wide receiver takes on average three years for the player to "get it". It is also considered the hardest position to transition to. Sweed bashers, give him patience because he still has time to get his focus on track. He already has the hardest part of playing receiver down, and that is getting OPEN. He just needs to work with the coaches on his fundamentals and concentration skills.If he gets it right, he is going to be the guy over wallace because he has size and speed while wallace just has speed. Overall, im labeling mendenhall a bust right now at this moment because running backs usually should playing right now. Something just isn't right with this kid. I'll be glad to hear your arguments.

mendenhall did not drop the winning TD pass and put his hands up like he did good yesterday

STEELTOWNBEATDOWN
09-29-2009, 12:15 AM
True, thats the biggest problem with rookie is they don't get any playing time with the exception of mike wallace. The ony way they get better is by playing, and mendenhall and sweeds carrers are being wasted away. How can you throw a guy without any playing time in out of nowhere and really expect him to make a big catch? I'm a big Texas longhorn fan, and all Sweed needs is one big game like the game against ohio state he had so he can build his confidence(In other words that is the game that got his college resume rolling).

revefsreleets
09-29-2009, 03:49 PM
As soon as Mendy starts falling down in the backfield before anyone even touches him, we'll be "apples to apples", and we can talk.

Until then, Mendenhall has looked 100,000X more solid than Sweed.

steelpride12
09-29-2009, 04:23 PM
This whole thread is a bust. We should make one massive thread called Troll Whiny crying fans thread because this is no different.
Why are we blaming Mendenhall, god forbid he had his first good game against da bears. Sweed your backing him up ok ive lost my mind!

ricksteelers55
09-29-2009, 08:13 PM
I might be a fool but I havent lost confidences in Sweed.I think by benching him for a period of time you might see a very different Sweed in the near future.

If any of our WR gets injured,we might be glad to see him stepping up.

As far as Mendenhall is concern I've heard all the talks about his lack of commitment to the team last year while he was injured and also his bad week of practices last week.Im not inside the organisation so I dont know the real story,but if the whole story is true then I'm all for benching the guy.

We have the luxury of being the Pittsburgh Steelers.We dont have to rush our young players in.But of course for all of us fans sometimes we want results NOW and might be tempted to call them bust after 1 year and 3 games.

Ryan Leaf or Akili Smith are busts.

not willing to say that Mendy and even Sweed are.