PDA

View Full Version : Summers placed on IR

The Lakelander
09-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Steelers | Summers placed on IR
Comment (0)
Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:40:28 -0700

The Pittsburgh Steelers have announced they have placed FB Frank Summers (back) on Injured Reserve, ending his 2009 season.

steelpride12
09-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Not Carey Davis, Not Carey Davis!!!

steelreserve
09-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Doh! That sucks.

Well, not really; he probably wasn't going to be ready until next year anyway.

Hope Johnson is OK, though. He seems to be the best blocker of the bunch from what little I've seen of him.

Indo
09-29-2009, 05:20 PM
So is Redman now coming up? :stirthepot:

stillers4me
09-29-2009, 05:23 PM
I received a text saying Carey Davis was signed,

Last years mediocrity was obviously better than this years mediocrity.

tony hipchest
09-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Hope Johnson is OK, though. He seems to be the best blocker of the bunch from what little I've seen of him.

Another myth: Johnson played only 6 snaps Sunday. In that time, Steelers ran 5 times for 11 yards.

-jim wexell

:noidea:

The Lakelander
09-29-2009, 07:16 PM
So is Redman now coming up? :stirthepot:

Doubt it.

We're still one Willie Parker turf-toe from that scenario happening ... :whistle:

tony hipchest
09-29-2009, 07:27 PM
frank summers blasts steelers from twitter account.

pissed at "the others" for losing...

http://twitter.com/Frank_Summers

They placed me on injured reserved a little frustrated with the others about losing...this isnt the steelers

:wink:

:stirthepot:

Cmdurand21
09-29-2009, 07:33 PM
frank summers blasts steelers from twitter account.

pissed at "the others" for losing...

http://twitter.com/Frank_Summers

I don't think that you are interpreting the comment right. I think he is saying that they aren't playing as good as he knows they can play.

tony hipchest
09-29-2009, 07:38 PM
I don't think that you are interpreting the comment right. I think he is saying that they aren't playing as good as he knows they can play.

thank you for clearing that up.

NJarhead
09-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Sorry for the repost. This subject is in two threads but it looks like this is the official one:

It sounds like he pulled a "Jerome Bettis." Considering there was an article yesterday about moving in another direction (from Summers) and Coach Tomlin described it as a "mysterious back injury." The problem is, he's no Jerome Bettis.

mesaSteeler
09-29-2009, 08:38 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_645575.html#

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Summers done; Steelers to re-sign fullback Davis

By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, September 29, 2009

With injury concerns at fullback and tight end, the Steelers re-signed Carey Davis today.

Davis started 11 games at fullback for the Steelers in 2007-08 but the team released him earlier this month when it set its 53-man roster.

Davis, who was at the Steelers' South Side practice facility today, takes Frank Summers' spot on the roster.

The Steelers placed Summers on the reserve/injured list today because of back injury, ending his season.

In addition to the loss of Summers, tight end David Johnson, who also can play fullback, has a high ankle sprain and is questionable for Sunday's game against the visiting San Diego Chargers.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

NJarhead
09-29-2009, 08:50 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_645575.html#

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Summers done; Steelers to re-sign fullback Davis

By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, September 29, 2009

With injury concerns at fullback and tight end, the Steelers re-signed Carey Davis today.

Davis started 11 games at fullback for the Steelers in 2007-08 but the team released him earlier this month when it set its 53-man roster.

Davis, who was at the Steelers' South Side practice facility today, takes Frank Summers' spot on the roster.

The Steelers placed Summers on the reserve/injured list today because of back injury, ending his season.

In addition to the loss of Summers, tight end David Johnson, who also can play fullback, has a high ankle sprain and is questionable for Sunday's game against the visiting San Diego Chargers.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

Heh, let's all call him. :chuckle: :wink02:

LVSteelersfan
09-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Crap. I thought we finally got rid of Davis. Now I suppose we will be stuck with him forever. Maybe he will come back hungry and actually play better. I doubt it. He got cut by at least 3-4 teams this year.

Galax Steeler
09-30-2009, 04:57 AM
I hate it for Summers but it might be the best for him. I had high hopes for him coming into the season but maybe this is what he needs to get ready to play better next year.