PDA

View Full Version : Scout provide opinions of Steelers problems courtesy of Vic Carucci

SteelerFanInTX210
09-29-2009, 10:06 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81304c45&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

tony hipchest
09-29-2009, 10:20 PM
"They did better Sunday, but I think it's an offense that has lost its balance," the scout said. "And I think, no matter how good your quarterback is at improvising and making plays outside the scheme, it's very difficult to live like that and be consistent. Now their defense has traditionally, and in recent years, been so strong that Roethlisberger's inconsistencies as a precision player could always be camouflaged and compensated for. And, therefore, when he made his three or four 'Roethlisberger plays' a game, it would often be enough.

ben making plays outside the pocket IS the scheme.

plus, he is in the top 11 for passing attempts so far this season and leading the league in completion percentage (71%).

what inconsistencies? :noidea:

is not being more precise than manning, brady, brees, warner, or anyone else in the league, precise enough?

devilsdancefloor
09-29-2009, 11:58 PM
i think i threw up a little reading this

fansince'76
09-30-2009, 12:02 AM
"If you watch the Colts' offense, you will see (it function like) a computer chip. There's precision, there's structure. Everything happens within the rhythm of the down and the rhythm of the offense.

Until the statue-in-a-pocket named Manning gets pressured. Or they have to play outside in bad weather.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-30-2009, 01:39 AM
The biggest problem they see with the Steelers is an offense that... relies far too much on quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to make plays with his arm and improvisation.

The former club executive, whose team faced Roethlisberger on multiple occasions, believes the Steelers' coaches find his playmaking skills "so intoxicating," they tend to go with a spread offense more than they should.

Blasphemy!.......what does this NFL scout and Executive know from watching games on tape. These are the NEW Steelers.

steelreserve
09-30-2009, 02:01 AM
Our problem is that we could've easily put up 30 points in each of the last two games, but we f***ed up at key times. I mean, we basically controlled both of those contests wire-to-wire and let them up off the mat in the last 5 minutes. The only game where the offense really was awful was the game we won.

MasterOfPuppets
09-30-2009, 02:09 AM
," they tend to go with a spread offense more than they should. well ummmm ....duh....i think it wuite obvious that nobody is gonna "fear" the steelers rushing attack. .... hell if i was defensive coordinator going against the steelers, i would have 8 DB's on the field the whole game. those 5 bums we have couldn't push 3 Dlinemen of the ball.

The Lakelander
09-30-2009, 09:03 PM
What kills me is the anonimity of these butt clowns. :blah:

What are they hiding from?

Man up and reveal your sources Carucci.