PDA

View Full Version : broncos 12-0 in playoffs.....

tony hipchest
01-19-2006, 05:36 PM
....when they get 3 or more turnovers. 5-14 when they get 2 or fewer. interresting stat. i guess the key to the game will definitely be to hold on to the ball. and force plummer into mistakes. a big special team play would be nice too.

augustashark
01-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Denver is 6-0 alltime in conf championship games.....Last time afcc was decided by 3 points or less was the Denver/Pittsburgh game in 98!

Just little facts.

Prosdo
01-19-2006, 06:21 PM
Interesting stat Tony

lotas
01-19-2006, 06:25 PM
That is a cool stat. But have they ever won a Conf Champ game with Jake Plummer? That's where we need to be the agressive ones to force turnovers. I'm confident if Ben is getting blitzed he's not gonna try to make the big play and huck it down field, I think he's mature enough now to just throw short of the marker and get some positive yardage.

However, I feel that's exactly what we need to do to Plummer, have him try to make the big play due to pressure and get one interception out of him. I think if we can get him to turn it over the game will be over. Turnovers and special teams are gonna decide this game IMO.

Ambridge
01-19-2006, 06:25 PM
I heard the same stat on "The Afternoon Blitz". :busted:

The Steelers can't afford to make any kind of mistakes.

tony hipchest
01-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Denver is 6-0 alltime in conf championship games.....Last time afcc was decided by 3 points or less was the Denver/Pittsburgh game in 98!

Just little facts.

well throw that 6-0 stat out the window. :dang: i like mine better, (especially if steelers hold on to the ball. i hate that '98 game! several things stick out:

-l kirklands 1st drive int of elway and knowing it was our day
-romonowski slapping his head in a taunting gesture at kordell
-a pass being called on 2nd and 2 (and being thrown into tripple coverage) after jerome got us all the way down the field.
-shannon sharpe on 3rd and 6.

tony hipchest
01-19-2006, 07:08 PM
I heard the same stat on "The Afternoon Blitz". :busted:

The Steelers can't afford to make any kind of mistakes.thats where i got it, so you heard the caller who was bashing cowher?

oops on the double post. can you delete double posts yourself?

Prosdo
01-19-2006, 07:48 PM
oops on the double post. can you delete double posts yourself?

I took care of it for you :smile:

SteelersGirlTN7
01-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Here's something I got off the Steelers site board ... very interesting .. .

I read this post and I was like, yeah! Doesnt bode well for the Broncs!

First one is mine:

Our run of 4 Super Bowl wins in 6 years started in 1974.

We were on the road for the AFCCG that year. Here are some comparisons between our opponent then and now, the '74 Raiders and the '05 Broncos:

1) Both had a QB nicknamed 'The Snake'

2) Both these QB's had shaggy beards (BTW, Bradshaw had a beard too, but, like Ben's is less substantial that jake's, so was Terry's when compared to Stabler's).

3) Both teams were in the AFC West

4) And finally, both teams beat, in the divisional round, beat the team that had won back-to-back Super Bowls the previous two years (Oakland knocked off Miami 28-26, and Denver beat New England 27-13).

Another one (not mine):

In 1996, Denver was seeded #1 and lost at home in the playoffs. The following year, they were a wildcard and came in and knocked off the #2 seeded Pittsburgh Steelers at Three Rivers

Well, last year, we were seeded #1 and lost at home in the playoffs and are now coming in as a wildcard to face #2 Broncos at Invesco.

FINALLY (also not mine):

Former Steeler Bubby Brister got his Super Bowl rings with the Denver Broncos, whose two-year run started with that win over Pittsburgh.

We have Tommy Maddox on our team. Maybe that's why he's still here!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2006, 01:02 AM
As the Bus so stated in a previous interview on NFL network..the past problems in the post season were all about turnovers. The Steelers dont turn the ball over and we generally win.. we turn it over 1 too many times and ugh..

JustaFan
01-20-2006, 07:37 AM
Here's something I got off the Steelers site board ... very interesting .. .

I read this post and I was like, yeah! Doesnt bode well for the Broncs!

First one is mine:

Our run of 4 Super Bowl wins in 6 years started in 1974.

We were on the road for the AFCCG that year. Here are some comparisons between our opponent then and now, the '74 Raiders and the '05 Broncos:

1) Both had a QB nicknamed 'The Snake'

2) Both these QB's had shaggy beards (BTW, Bradshaw had a beard too, but, like Ben's is less substantial that jake's, so was Terry's when compared to Stabler's).

3) Both teams were in the AFC West

4) And finally, both teams beat, in the divisional round, beat the team that had won back-to-back Super Bowls the previous two years (Oakland knocked off Miami 28-26, and Denver beat New England 27-13).

Another one (not mine):

In 1996, Denver was seeded #1 and lost at home in the playoffs. The following year, they were a wildcard and came in and knocked off the #2 seeded Pittsburgh Steelers at Three Rivers

Well, last year, we were seeded #1 and lost at home in the playoffs and are now coming in as a wildcard to face #2 Broncos at Invesco.

FINALLY (also not mine):

Former Steeler Bubby Brister got his Super Bowl rings with the Denver Broncos, whose two-year run started with that win over Pittsburgh.

We have Tommy Maddox on our team. Maybe that's why he's still here!

Very Interesting.

Another observation on the Bubby & Tommy angle. Bubby was a back up to a star on his way out, Tommy is a back up to a star on his way up.

clevestinks
01-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Stick the stats! We win! By 11. Thta is the only stat that matters