PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin is a poor excuse for a coach?

NJarhead
09-30-2009, 04:56 PM
This guy is an idiot. :doh:
I wonder if he's in The Fever somewhere. :mg:

Question: Isn't it obvious yet that Mike Tomlin is a poor excuse for a coach? His first two drafts stunk and the defense is showing its age now that Troy's out. The players won the Super Bowl, not the coach; extending Tomlin's contract will mean the competitive death of this team.

John Hardaway, Locust Grove, Va.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09273/1001914-367.stm#ixzz0ScqBCzP9

Christian Snyder
09-30-2009, 04:59 PM
What an idiot!!!!!

fansince'76
09-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Surprised it took this long into the season for someone to write something like that, sadly. Only thing missing was the idiotic charge that Tomlin was "only hired due to the Rooney Rule." :yawn:

AllD
09-30-2009, 05:25 PM
He will probably be recognized as the second best coach in Steeler history.

memphissteelergirl
09-30-2009, 05:39 PM
:coffee:

NJarhead
09-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Surprised it took this long into the season for someone to write something like that, sadly. Only thing missing was the idiotic charge that Tomlin was "only hired due to the Rooney Rule." :yawn:

Oh man. :mad: Had he said that I would be driving down to Locust Grove, VA for to choke a bitch.

X-Terminator
10-01-2009, 12:56 AM
Probably the best example yet of the type of mentality that has permeated our fan base. We've already had someone here pretty much call Tomlin a bad coach in one of the threads in the Steelers forum - maybe this is the same guy. The only thing that surprises me is that it took this long for someone to say it.

SteelersMongol
10-01-2009, 12:57 AM

He ain't no Steelers fan.

revefsreleets
10-01-2009, 08:34 AM
This is either mmalone, steel_12 or steel head.

Ohio Steeler
10-01-2009, 09:12 AM

:blah: :coffee:

lets see here we have only had how many coachs in our history... ok for those who dont know that number would be 4... yeh you are reading that right I did say 4... I do belive Rooney knows what he is doing when he picks a coach... :tt02:

memphissteelergirl
10-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Oh man. :mad: Had he said that I would be driving down to Locust Grove, VA for to choke a bitch.

I'd ride shotgun with ya...:mad:

Steelstralia
10-01-2009, 10:21 AM
2 losses and he's a poor excuse for a coach? we all hate losses, but to say it's the fault of one is outrageous, we're all aware the team has to work on their game and they will, but i've noticed (and don't flame me for this comment) but alot of teams get distracted by the league victory they've had and don't perform as well, but pick themselves back up later on. we're still kings of the NFL, but i'd like the season results to be 3-0, oh well, we'll show them damn bunglers and ochostinko what we're made of next time!

STEEL POWER! :tt03:

Steel_12
10-01-2009, 01:01 PM
This is either mmalone, steel_12 or steel head.

LMAO...awww look at the bitch of the board calling my name. Are you still mad that LeBron didn't win a title?

First of all, clown, I live in Florida not Virginia. Second, when have I EVER said anything negative about Tomlin? Why wouldn't I support the franchise's first black head coach, you idiot!? Third, I'm glad I stay on your mind but I don't roll that way playboy. My wife don't play that and I'm sure she can handle you lol. No wonder the majority of this board doesn't respect you. You're a BITCH!

HometownGal
10-02-2009, 05:50 AM
LMAO...awww look at the bitch of the board calling my name. Are you still mad that LeBron didn't win a title?

First of all, clown, I live in Florida not Virginia. Second, when have I EVER said anything negative about Tomlin? Why wouldn't I support the franchise's first black head coach, you idiot!? Third, I'm glad I stay on your mind but I don't roll that way playboy. My wife don't play that and I'm sure she can handle you lol. No wonder the majority of this board doesn't respect you. You're a BITCH!

Me thinks the personal attacks around here had better stop and this is for both of you. Kindly knock it off or you're both going to get a vacation.

revefsreleets
10-02-2009, 08:42 AM
LOL! This is TOO easy sometimes!

stillers4me
10-03-2009, 06:09 AM
I just can't believe the PG printed that garbage.

STEELERS'CHICK0609
10-03-2009, 01:22 PM
The coach (Mike Tomlin) is not the problem, the players are the ones who are on the field. I understand they have to run the plays but better judgment should be used. I thought that we played good under pressure, but I think that the players are getting too profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery! The high from the Super Bowl should have been gone by now, we need to focus on this season and making a repeat, it still hope for us! We need Troy back on defense in the worst way!!!

Galax Steeler
10-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Me thinks the personal attacks around here had better stop and this is for both of you. Kindly knock it off or you're both going to get a vacation.

Wooohooo go get em Hometown Gal.:applaudit:

SteelCityMan786
10-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Wow, that's a prime example of a "FWF."

Steel_12
10-05-2009, 11:06 AM

But but but he started it lol...Yes ma'am. I apologize.

BlackAndGold4Ever
10-22-2009, 11:05 PM

lets see here we have only had how many coachs in our history... ok for those who dont know that number would be 4... yeh you are reading that right I did say 4... I do belive Rooney knows what he is doing when he picks a coach... :tt02:

Here Here:tt04:

Preacher
10-22-2009, 11:20 PM

UM, we have had a lot more coaches than four.

I think what you mean, is that we have had four coaches since the merger (was announced).

We have had 16 coaches in our history.

hindes204
10-22-2009, 11:24 PM
UM, we have had a lot more coaches than four.

I think what you mean, is that we have had four coaches since the merger (was announced).

We have had 16 coaches in our history.

16, 19, 21....it all depends on who you ask.....some count the two years in the 40s that we had "co-head coaches".....i think that was because of the steagles and the other one, dont remember what the other merged team was called......anyway, doesnt matter, i agree with what he was saying, the Roonys definitly know what they are doing when it comes to hiring coaches

steel striker
10-31-2009, 06:04 AM
I really like Tomlin because, he is brutally honest. Plus he does not care about style points and, he most be a great motivator.

HometownGal
10-31-2009, 07:12 AM
Me thinks this moron has earned this award hands down . . .

http://images.quickblogcast.com/7/6/5/0/6/170843-160567/trophy.gif