PDA

View Full Version : Can I root for the Ravens on Sunday

Fordy
09-30-2009, 04:43 PM
I hate the Patriots more than any team in football followed by our 3 division rivals. Is it still early enough in the season that I can pull for Baltimore to beat the snot out of Brady and Patsies? Or would another BAltimore win be damaging to our postseason outlook for this year?

fansince'76
09-30-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm (perhaps stupidly) rooting for the Ravens - I hate the Patriots THAT much. However, it also wouldn't break my heart to see Baltimore fall to 3-1 if we can even our record at 2-2 Sunday night.

NJarhead
09-30-2009, 04:54 PM
WOW! I'm really glad someone started this thread. I thought I was alone with this dilemma.

I AT LEAST have respect for the Ravens as a competitor. The Patriots? Just straight up disdain. :mad:

However, we need the Ravens to lose this one. I guess that no matter who wins, there'll be a silver lining. :noidea:

stillers4me
09-30-2009, 05:00 PM
I 'm going to root for the dreamiest, most studly QB in the world.

We need the rats to lose.

Fordy
09-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Glad im not the only one with this dilemma!! I feel less ashamed now of my intentions. Thanks guys! :)

Godfather
09-30-2009, 05:16 PM
I despise the Pats* but I have to put the Steelers first, and we need help right now. If the ratbirds win we'll be 3 games out (I don't see us beating Rivers without Troy.)

klick81
09-30-2009, 05:46 PM
As much as I hate the Patriots, a rats loss is badly needed. Either way I won't be complaining.

Crow-Magnon
09-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Welcome aboard! :drink:

MACH1
09-30-2009, 05:59 PM
I 'm going to root for the dreamiest, most studly QB in the world.

http://thisdayinbaldhistory.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/uni.jpg

:toofunny:

Fordy
09-30-2009, 06:02 PM

wow that is some uni-brow:chuckle:

Christian Snyder
09-30-2009, 07:17 PM
I hate the Patriots more than any team in football followed by our 3 division rivals. Is it still early enough in the season that I can pull for Baltimore to beat the snot out of Brady and Patsies? Or would another BAltimore win be damaging to our postseason outlook for this year?
I'll be happy either way.:thumbsup:

stillers4me
09-30-2009, 07:36 PM
wow that is some uni-brow:chuckle:

You would think he could afford a wax job. They do that at the malls now.

fansince'76
09-30-2009, 07:46 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YJegj3Knp-w/SjeH3qbfCRI/AAAAAAAAAOY/xJoDq6NFaHM/s320/Sam_Eagle.jpg

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Preacher
09-30-2009, 07:48 PM
I think I'm going to root for a tie.

The Patriot
09-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Let's not get fenceposted! Hooray!!! :tt02:

NJarhead
09-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Let's not get fenceposted! Hooray!!! :tt02:

Okay, "Go Ravens." .... :puke:

The Patriot
09-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Okay, "Go Ravens." .... :puke:

Now we can go the better half of 18-1! :chug:

NJarhead
09-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Now we can go the better half of 18-1! :chug:

Huh?:noidea:

'splain yo self.

billybob
09-30-2009, 09:00 PM
What a stupid remark . Do not root for the Ravens . What kind of post is this ? They lose , we win , one game separates us . GET REAL !:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

devilsdancefloor
09-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Huh?:noidea:

'splain yo self.

he is having lucid dreams of the * winning the next 18 weeks

billybob
09-30-2009, 09:05 PM
I happen to be a Patriots hater . But there is no other team that i hate more than the "orignal Cleveland Browns " .They managed to come in and make it where i must search the internet for a stream to watch the game , or i am forced to listen on the radio . GO PATRIOTS ! ! ! ! !

The Patriot
09-30-2009, 09:20 PM
he is having lucid dreams of the * winning the next 18 weeks

Yeah, like you aren't.

cubanstogie
09-30-2009, 09:23 PM
I am rooting for the Pats, I am also rooting for Ray Lewis to murder Tom Brady on a blitz up the middle. No pun intended.

NJarhead
09-30-2009, 09:27 PM
I am rooting for the Pats, I am also rooting for Ray Lewis to murder Tom Brady on a blitz up the middle. No pun intended.

...."shank you very much. " :chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
09-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah, like you aren't.

actually i know better i said 11-5 :wink02:

The Patriot
09-30-2009, 09:43 PM
actually i know better i said 11-5 :wink02:

Steelahs aint winnin the division at 11-5, my friend.

NJarhead
09-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Steelahs aint winnin the division at 11-5, my friend.

:rolleyes:

And why not? Because of the Ravens? Teams peak and then tail off too Bruh.

I'd worry more about winning the battle of the new "pass rush the bejesus out of Golden Boy" game plan and doing it without any videotape....if I were you.

OT: Hey did you read that article I posted for you? I told you not to talk shit so early in the year Homie. But Noooooooooo, you didn't wanna listen. :chuckle:

You know I'm just bustin chops. :drink:

The Patriot
09-30-2009, 10:12 PM
:rolleyes:

And why not? Because of the Ravens? Teams peak and then tail off too Bruh.

I'd worry more about winning the battle of the new "pass rush the bejesus out of Golden Boy" game plan and doing it without any videotape....if I were you.

OT: Hey did you read that article I posted for you? I told you not to talk shit so early in the year Homie. But Noooooooooo, you didn't wanna listen. :chuckle:

You know I'm just bustin chops. :drink:

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss74/4chantamahan/ohyou.jpg

RoethlisBURGHer
09-30-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't want to root for the Ravens.

I don't want to root for the Patriots.

After this game, I am going to need to scrub myself down with a brillo pad. I am going to have to slightly pull for the Patriots since we need a Ravens loss.

Excuse me now while I regurgitate my dinner for saying I would be rooting for the Patriots.

Pittsky
09-30-2009, 10:40 PM
ill be pulling you the ravens...not rooting...f the pats

The Patriot
09-30-2009, 11:22 PM
Warden, is this you? Are you on the Ravens board rooting for the Ravens? :rofl:

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/13595-next-up-new-england-merged-threads/page__st__160

sixstringlass
10-01-2009, 03:49 AM
I'm with whoever it was who said it should end in a tie. That sounds like a really option if I am to keep my dinner in my stomach.

Galax Steeler
10-01-2009, 04:23 AM
I have to say I will be pulling for the Pats as bad as I hate to. We need the ravens to loose and we need to win.

X-Terminator
10-01-2009, 05:06 AM
Sorry, but my hatred of the Pats* runs deep, so I'm rooting for the Rats even though it hurts the Steelers. I hope Ray Lewis breaks Marsha's shoulder the same way he broke Mendenhall's last year.

stillers4me
10-01-2009, 05:27 AM
I'm going for my standard "I just hope they beat the shit out of each other" philosophy.

TackleMeBen
10-01-2009, 06:06 AM
i hate both teams, but since my son is a ravens fan, i guess i will root for the ravens(and considering i picked them in my football pool)..

Go Ravens!!! Go Ray Lewis

The_WARDen
10-01-2009, 07:03 AM
NO NO and NO! Division trumps Conference. The Pats are irrelevant until January. The Ravens stand in our way right now.

Ravens must lose.

Crow-Magnon
10-01-2009, 07:15 AM
I'm with whoever it was who said it should end in a tie. That sounds like a really option if I am to keep my dinner in my stomach.

At least McNabb made everyone aware that a tie is possible. :laughing:

stlrtruck
10-01-2009, 07:48 AM
I'm good with a tie as long as both teams knock the snot out of each other and Marsha doesn't get one flag in his favor!

SteelMember
10-01-2009, 08:04 AM
You ALWAYS want your division rivals to lose. If they play each other, you want the team with the better record to lose. The only way I'll cheer for a rival is if their so bad, the one win won't make any difference. go browns? :laughing:

revefsreleets
10-01-2009, 08:11 AM
I look at it this way. Both teams are overrated. The Steelers, when running on all cylinders, are better than either. So how do you decide what's best for the Steelers? (I already made my TRUE wishes clear...a pestilence of Ebola on both Godforsaken teams, but that's not realistic).

I'm going to say pull for the Rats. Why? Because we play them twice, so we can set them back two games all by ourselves (and hand them two conference AND divisional losses). I think both teams are in for their fair share of L's this year, and we have no control over NE since we don't play them. It makes me vomit a little in my mouth to say this, but I want the Ratpukes to win this week...winning will create an even greater buzz of overratedness around them, and won't change their status as a club of low class criminals and thugs, but will make their fall even farther when we sweep them yet AGAIN this year.

Crow-Magnon
10-01-2009, 08:43 AM
I look at it this way. Both teams are overrated. The Steelers, when running on all cylinders, are better than either. So how do you decide what's best for the Steelers? (I already made my TRUE wishes clear...a pestilence of Ebola on both Godforsaken teams, but that's not realistic).

I'm going to say pull for the Rats. Why? Because we play them twice, so we can set them back two games all by ourselves (and hand them two conference AND divisional losses). I think both teams are in for their fair share of L's this year, and we have no control over NE since we don't play them. It makes me vomit a little in my mouth to say this, but I want the Ratpukes to win this week...winning will create an even greater buzz of overratedness around them, and won't change their status as a club of low class criminals and thugs, but will make their fall even farther when we sweep them yet AGAIN this year.

I think I'm going to bookmark this post!

RunWillieRun
10-01-2009, 10:03 AM
NO NO and NO! Division trumps Conference. The Pats are irrelevant until January. The Ravens stand in our way right now.

Ravens must lose.

^
This.

I'm not pulling for the Pats to win. I am only pulling for the Ravens to lose.

Indo
10-01-2009, 10:08 AM
I lived in New Orleans for about 20 years. During that time, NFL Sunday ticket did not exist, and once it came into existence I couldn't afford it. There was no Steelers football televised. I was forced to watch either the Saints, the Cowgirls, the Falcons, or the Titties. I chose the Saints. In fact, it became my "second team". Friends of mine had season tickets, and I went to many of the games and began to root for the Saints so long as the outcome of the game had no bearing whatsoever on the Steelers.

I promise, there is a point to all of this...

It turns out the Saints are doing pretty well, and I will continue to root for them as long as it has no bearing on the outcome of the Steelers games. If, however, a Saints victory in any way shape or form would affect the Steelers, I would want them to lose in horrendous fashion.

Now here's my point:
I despise the Patriots* in every way imaginable. I want them to lose like Losing has never been done before. I want it to be embarrassing, complete, and undeniable.

And this is my dilemma. If the Pats*lose, the Ratbirds improve their record. Since this affects the Steelers, I must (by my own Saints Rule) root for the Ratbirds to lose.
This means the Pats* must win.

The only way that I can accept this in my own brain is to realize that I am not rooting for the Pats* to win (my brain simply won't accept that);
I am rooting for the Ratbirds to lose.

This makes the nausea somewhat less intense. :puke:

SteelTalons
10-01-2009, 10:28 AM

:rofl: Never seen that meme before.

vasteeler
10-01-2009, 10:48 AM
gotta pull for the *'s cause if we lose an the rats win we are 3 games back

steelreserve
10-01-2009, 11:13 AM
I don't really care who wins this game, as long as a lot of people get hurt.

WindyCitySteelerFan
10-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Its going to be a huge injury week, regardless of outcome.

Of course I want to see the Ratbirds suffer. It is the highlight of my year, every year, to see them lose.

NJarhead
10-02-2009, 10:30 AM

:laughing:

"I'll give you such a pinch!"

Warden, is this you? Are you on the Ravens board rooting for the Ravens? :rofl:

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/13595-next-up-new-england-merged-threads/page__st__160

Sure is!

revefsreleets
10-02-2009, 11:32 AM
I forgot to add the caveat that in order to cheer for the Rats to win, I will be consuming VAST and copious amounts of alcohol!

NJarhead
10-02-2009, 12:06 PM
I forgot to add the caveat that in order to cheer for the Rats to win, I will be consuming VAST and copious amounts of alcohol!

Not in this game. As much as I'd want to cheer for the Ravens to lose, watching them play the Pats would force me to root for them immediately following the kick off. Plus, watching them is like watching us....sort of. :noidea:

steel striker
10-02-2009, 08:59 PM
As much as I hate the cheats but, we need the ravens to lose. Maybe like Preacher said may the game end in a tie. Well maybe Brady will get pounded into the turf that would make me crack a smile. I still more concerned about our game vs the bolts.

SteelersMongol
10-03-2009, 06:03 AM
How about a costly win by the Rats & the Bellicheat gets knocked out by someone who went over bound? :chuckle:

solardave
10-03-2009, 06:16 AM

WOW! 1 EYEBROW.Who knew? I'm hoping for a tie where each QB throws about 5 INTs and gets sacked 6 or 7 times each. Final score 3-3.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-03-2009, 08:18 AM
My prediction is that the Patriots win by cheating...Lewis catches them in the act and goes beserk, taking out Belicheat and Brady. The commish sweeps in under the rug and claims that the game was never played.

Kittyfish
10-03-2009, 08:43 AM
I am really struggling with this one. I have a feeling that my head will want the Pats to beat our division rivals but my heart will be rooting for the Ravens to win. Or maybe lightning will strike the field and the game will be cancelled. I really can't think of an outcome that would make me happy. Kind of like the Pats playing the Cowboys in the SB. Who would you root for then? The mind boggles.

NJarhead
10-03-2009, 09:07 AM
My prediction is that the Patriots win by cheating...Lewis catches them in the act and goes beserk, taking out Belicheat and Brady. The commish sweeps in under the rug and claims that the game was never played.

Historically, this would be the way it goes. Hopefully, only the Lewis part comes to fruition.:chuckle:

revefsreleets
10-03-2009, 07:57 PM

Pats fans claim there was no cheating and even if there was.... "Hey, wait, look over there!"

Rats fans claim that Ray didn't really kill those people on national TV, it was all CGI because Ray is really a super nice Preacher...

4xSBChamps
10-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Kind of like the Pats playing the Cowboys in the SB. Who would you root for then?

..... hope the NHL All-Star Game is that Sunday, and goes into quintuple OT, remains tied, then 21 rounds of the Shoot-Out?

:noidea:

Christian Snyder
10-03-2009, 09:50 PM
LOL!!!!

Pittsky
10-04-2009, 07:36 AM
its a win win...but i want the ratbirds to lose more for sure...what if we lose the division by 1 game?

1st&Goal
10-04-2009, 09:09 AM
This is how I see it. I hate the Ravens, but I hate the Pats* more than all the other teams. However, what I hate almost as much as the Pats*, is having to rely on another team, especially the Pats* to improve our standings and our chances. This is what I believe will happen, so it doesn't really matter which of these 2 teams loses today. The Ravens will win. I'll get some satisfaction watching the Pats* lose to a team we beat not once, not twice, but three times last year! The Steelers are still in control of their own destiny. When its time to play the Ravens they will know what they need to do. In the mean time It'll be kind of fun to watch Golden Boy and company have a can of Whoop Ass opened up on them. :laughing:

revefsreleets
10-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Pats* beat the Rats the same way we will...except we won't allow a 100 yard rusher.

Steelboy84
10-04-2009, 06:21 PM
I didn't. I hate NE, but the Ratbirds are in OUR division!

X-Terminator
10-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Figures the Rats couldn't get the job done. Ugh.

Looks like yet ANOTHER week of avoiding any NFL programming other than games. The Marsha Brady overhype machine will be in full force.

SteelCityMan786
10-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Figures the Rats couldn't get the job done. Ugh.

Looks like yet ANOTHER week of avoiding any NFL programming other than games. The Marsha Brady overhype machine will be in full force.

It wouldn't hurt considering some members of the media will have their heads up their butts.

sixstringlass
10-05-2009, 01:52 AM
I'm good with a tie as long as both teams knock the snot out of each other and Marsha doesn't get one flag in his favor!

Did you see the "Brady* Call" in action today? I only caught a highlight (on mute) on NBC, but it looked... um... shall we say, "iffy"??

revefsreleets
10-05-2009, 07:37 AM
The call was bad, I mean, it wasn't a penalty, but the WAY it happened is what makes it an embarrassing travesty for the league. First there's the non-penalty, and for any other QB, that's the end of it, but then Mary looks at the ref, as if to say "I'm Tom Brady...I command you to throw the flag", to which the ref, looking like Brady's little bitch, complies, and then Marsha celebrates.

The NFL owes an apology to the player, the Rats, and the fans for being part of one of the most blatant displays of out-and-out favoritism I've even witnessed.

stlrtruck
10-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Did you see the "Brady* Call" in action today? I only caught a highlight (on mute) on NBC, but it looked... um... shall we say, "iffy"??

The call was bad, I mean, it wasn't a penalty, but the WAY it happened is what makes it an embarrassing travesty for the league. First there's the non-penalty, and for any other QB, that's the end of it, but then Mary looks at the ref, as if to say "I'm Tom Brady...I command you to throw the flag", to which the ref, looking like Brady's little bitch, complies, and then Marsha celebrates.

The NFL owes an apology to the player, the Rats, and the fans for being part of one of the most blatant displays of out-and-out favoritism I've even witnessed.

I thought it was great at half-time of the Steelers game that even his old teammate, Rodney Harrison, told him to take the skirt off! And to top it off, Dungy agreed with him! :rofl:

Dino 6 Rings
10-05-2009, 05:01 PM
I actually rooted for the Patriots because I wanted to close the gap with the Ravens who are now 3-1 as we are at 2-2. I was also pulling for the Browns yesterday to beat the Bengals but that was too much to hope for.

The Only Team in the NFL I hate, is the team we are playing that week.

This week, I hate the motherfcking Lions with a passion. I hope we snap Staffords neck, rip out his spine and feed it to his grandparents in a stew! (Metaphorically speaking of coarse) if he doesn't play, then I hope we stop on the throat of whoever lines up under center.