PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu may return sunday vs. Chargers

Fordy
09-30-2009, 06:13 PM
WOW, I thought there was no shot until at least the Detroit game. A longshot im sure but still nice to hear this:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_645778.html?feed=9

Polamalu tests injured knee, may play Sunday
Buzz up!
By Scott Brown, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Last updated: 4:18 pm

Troy Polamalu started running today and he has not ruled out playing Sunday when the Steelers host the San Diego Chargers in an 8:20 p.m. game.

"It would be nice to play this weekend," Polamalu said. "We'll see."

Despite his optimism, Polamalu, who has missed the last two games with a sprained left knee, is a long shot to play against the Chargers.

Since getting hurt in the Steelers' season opener Polamalu said he has been lifting and doing cardiovascular work. Today marked a significant step in his recovery as he actually ran on the knee he hurt when Tennessee Titans tight end Alge Crumpler fell on his leg on Sept. 10.

"I really felt well," Polamalu said.

BlastFurnace
09-30-2009, 06:14 PM
LOL....you beat me by a second.

Fordy
09-30-2009, 06:16 PM
LOL....you beat me by a second.

:chuckle: haha whew. because I NEVER post any breaking news. Im always hearing things way after they happen and when I do see something I always find that it has been posted already. I was kind of shocked to see no thread about it yet:coffee:

TackleMeBen
09-30-2009, 06:17 PM
yea!!!! some good news for a change... i just hope troy isnt coming back too soon.

Fire Haley
09-30-2009, 06:19 PM
NO!

Get back on the couch till it's 100%!

That is all.

WindyCitySteelerFan
09-30-2009, 06:21 PM
NO!

That is all.

I agree. I'd rather have a totally healthy Troy. not worth making it worse.

steelpride12
09-30-2009, 06:23 PM
Till 100% I don't want him out there, even if it means waiting till the Detroit game!

TackleMeBen
09-30-2009, 06:32 PM
does anyone think he may be rushing back because we are on a 2 game losing streak?

SteelerEmpire
09-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Fordy.... you are an angel bearing good news..!! :thumbsup:

But I just hope he does not try to get in there not 100%.... Lets see what happens....

Steel_Bus_24
09-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Only if the docs are certain the injury won't linger

we need him to finish the race

steelreserve
09-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Isn't this the same injury that Ward had before the Super Bowl, and came back on a week less rest that Troy has now?

So I guess it IS possible. Although Ward definitely wasn't 100%. But I'd take a gimpy-legged Troy over a gimpy-legged Carter any day. As long as he DOES NOT HURT HIMSELF FURTHER. I swear I'm going to be cringing every time I see him make a leaping/diving play for the rest of the season now.

klick81
09-30-2009, 06:48 PM
I would actually like to see him sit out until we meet FAVRA and the Vikings.

We need all the help we can get against the Chargers, but not at the expense of Troy's knee getting jacked up for the rest of the season.

1st&Goal
09-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Propaganda to screw with the minds of the Bolts. Even when Troy is not on the field, he's in the opponent's heads.

nickelbolt
09-30-2009, 06:59 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_645778.html

Troy Polamalu started running today and he has not ruled out playing Sunday when the Steelers host the San Diego Chargers in an 8:20 p.m. game.

"It would be nice to play this weekend," Polamalu said. "We'll see."

Despite his optimism, Polamalu, who has missed the last two games with a sprained left knee, is a long shot to play against the Chargers.

Since getting hurt in the Steelers' season opener Polamalu said he has been lifting and doing cardiovascular work. Today marked a significant step in his recovery as he actually ran on the knee he hurt when Tennessee Titans tight end Alge Crumpler fell on his leg on Sept. 10.

"I really felt well," Polamalu said.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6586/gaah.gif

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Fire Haley
09-30-2009, 08:50 PM
It would take the Charges one play to notice Troy wasn't on the field and start thowing deep over the middle.

I think he is just trying to give us hope.

The Lakelander
09-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Seriously! I hope they give him another 3 weeks. Not kidding.

Preacher
09-30-2009, 09:01 PM
NO!

That is all.

Yep. My thoughts exactly.

NJarhead
09-30-2009, 09:13 PM
NO!

That is all.

Yep. My thoughts exactly.

+2

I keep thinking of Greg Warren last year. I'd rather lose to San Diego than have Troy on the IR.

Psyychoward86
09-30-2009, 09:28 PM
+2

I keep thinking of Greg Warren last year. I'd rather lose to San Diego than have Troy on the IR.

Lol. Don't assume just because we don't have Troy that we can't beat San Diego.

Dodt
09-30-2009, 09:31 PM
keep troy out and throw a Polamalu wig on carter.

Big7BenHOF
09-30-2009, 09:34 PM
He's trying to rush back in too fast.

I'd much rather lose another game than win this one and take a chance of Troy getting hurt and being out for the season.

NJarhead
09-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Lol. Don't assume just because we don't have Troy that we can't beat San Diego.
I didn't say that, but if he's rushing back, maybe our team is assuming somehting?

keep troy out and throw a Polamalu wig on carter.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That is effin' funny right there!

:thumbsup:

billybob
09-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Troy is a very toned and conditioned athlete . I watched slow motion replay , after slow motion replay . It was not a Theisman type of injury . Joe was broke at the point of contact . Troy flexed . He layed it down flat . I would not be surprised one bit if he came back . I saw him pacing the sideline without even a limp during the Bengal loss . Don't count the man out just yet .

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

tony hipchest
09-30-2009, 10:05 PM
I would not be surprised one bit if he came back . I saw him pacing the sideline without even a limp during the Bengal loss . Don't count the man out just yet .

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

truth be known, that was just his stunt double.

thats not even him in those Head n Shoulders commercials.

yes. troy is that badass.

Psyychoward86
09-30-2009, 10:08 PM

http://www.mediaincanada.com/articles/mic/20090911/polamalu.body_lead.jpg

NJarhead
09-30-2009, 10:09 PM

Are we going to have to start converting Chuck Norris jokes into Troy Polamalu jokes? :chuckle:

"Before the boogey man goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Troy Polamalu."

"Troy Polamalu went to Burger King, ordered a Big Mac and GOT ONE!"

"Troy Polamalu can slam a revolving door!"

:laughing:

billybob
09-30-2009, 10:24 PM
The story has yet to unfold , you ask with your eyes .......you ask with your eyes , right ?

RoethlisBURGHer
09-30-2009, 10:51 PM
If Troy feels that he's good to come back, I am fine with that. Nobody knows his body better than himself. I trust Troy's judgment.

If he isn't right he will take himself out or the coaches will.

And yeah Chargers fans, your nemesis might be back. YOU HAVE NO CHANCE WITH TROY POLAMALU ON THE FIELD!

SteelCityMan786
09-30-2009, 10:54 PM
If Troy feels that he can go, then it's worth the risk. Otherwise, I'd rather he take the time he needs to get healthy.

Pittsky
09-30-2009, 11:42 PM
wow, i just got the biggest smile on my face!!! but only if he's 100% for sure....god i wanna see him in uniform again!!!!

Galax Steeler
10-01-2009, 04:38 AM
This is some good news I can't wait to see him back on the field again. I am sure Troy knows what is best for him and if he thinks he can play this weekend then I will put my faith that he is healed and ready to play.

The_WARDen
10-01-2009, 08:08 AM
does anyone think he may be rushing back because we are on a 2 game losing streak?

I think it's more that he sees how mediocre the defense is without him.

Gotta be driving him nuts!

SteelMember
10-01-2009, 08:25 AM
If Troy feels that he can go, then it's worth the risk. Otherwise, I'd rather he take the time he needs to get healthy.
I think Troy has a pretty good idea about his own body, but thisI think it's more that he sees how mediocre the defense is without him.
Gotta be driving him nuts!
may have a little to do with it. He's a true competitor. It's difficult for him to sit out to begin with. Add in a couple close losses, and he would run out and play in his sweats if he could. :hunch:

stlrtruck
10-01-2009, 08:57 AM
I say let him dress up and use him sparingly and see how the knee reacts to the minimal playing time. Definitely want him in there on 3rd and long.

But keep in hush hush, let San Diego think he's not playing.

Fire Haley
10-01-2009, 09:08 AM
He's not going to play.

http://www.steelers.com/article/111226/

One player who will be on the sidelines again this week is safety Troy Polamalu. Polamalu was mentioned in the injury update for the first time since suffering an MCL injury, but Tomlin said that wasn’t because he is ready to get back in action.

“I like Troy’s progress,” said Tomlin. “I am hearing good reports in that regard. We’ll just continue to move forward with him.”

Ohio Steeler
10-01-2009, 09:09 AM
This is some good news I can't wait to see him back on the field again. I am sure Troy knows what is best for him and if he thinks he can play this weekend then I will put my faith that he is healed and ready to play.

Yes we need him back bad after all we are 0-2 without him...

memphissteelergirl
10-01-2009, 09:15 AM
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6586/gaah.gif

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

LOL! :toofunny:

But in all seriousness, as much as we need Troy out there right now, the idea of him getting out there before he's ready really makes me nervous. I'd rather he just sit out until the Detroit game just to be on the safe side.

TackleMeBen
10-01-2009, 09:19 AM
well at least tomlin doesnt put players out there when they shouldnt be..lol. (sorry, i couldnt resist)

i only want troy playing if he is 100%. we cant afford to lose him all season.

has anyone figured out how we could clone troy??? maybe that would help...lol

The Definiti0n
10-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Dont rush back Troy.

Fire Haley
10-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Chargers fans:

Who cares. Bring it on already.....

with palomalu or not, we will still kick their ass

We can beat these fools.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=71722

stlrtruck
10-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Chargers fans:

Who cares. Bring it on already.....

with palomalu or not, we will still kick their ass

We can beat these fools.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=71722

They have every right to feel confident about this game. Heck I would if I was a chargers fan.

However, it seems that anytime a team comes in to Pittsburgh and we've had some bumps in the road, things seem to change when the boys are back in town!

I respect the chargers abilities on both sides of the ball but they don't scare me to think, "Oh my God we can't win this one!" No, I tend to think, "We've been playing down to our opponents and now it's time to step up!"

steelpride12
10-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Talk all the trash they want, they totally have the right to. There playing a slumping 1-2 team, but were at home again remember and I feel the Steelers won't play as fools and will come out all firing! The boys are back in town!

LVSteelersfan
10-01-2009, 01:17 PM
The team will not let him play if they don't think he is ready. Personally I would rather have him in there. If we go to 1-3 at the quarter point of the season and the Ravens beat New England, this season is pretty much done. Making up 3 games is tough. The Ravens aren't going to lose much this year. They have the same teams we have pretty much. As much as I hate to, I am rooting for Brady and Moss to torch the Ravens defense this weekend. And we need to win. RIvers will burn Tyrone Carter with Antonio Gates.

steelreserve
10-02-2009, 12:06 AM
The team will not let him play if they don't think he is ready. Personally I would rather have him in there. If we go to 1-3 at the quarter point of the season and the Ravens beat New England, this season is pretty much done. Making up 3 games is tough. The Ravens aren't going to lose much this year. They have the same teams we have pretty much. As much as I hate to, I am rooting for Brady and Moss to torch the Ravens defense this weekend. And we need to win. RIvers will burn Tyrone Carter with Antonio Gates.

Uhhh ... you don't have to win your division to make the playoffs.

Also, we'd only have to make up one game on the Ravens, since we play them twice and should theoretically be beating them if we're talking about making up games.

Also, let's see just how good Flacco is against any secondary that doesn't suck ass (hint: not very).