PDA

View Full Version : Who I like

mesaSteeler
10-02-2009, 06:14 PM
NFL from the sidelines

After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.

Who I like
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

If the Steelers weren't desperate for a win last week, they certainly are this week against the San Diego Chargers.

These two teams met last season, with the Steelers coming away with a pair of victories at Heinz Field over the Chargers. In fact, the Chargers have struggled in Pittsburgh, having not won there since 1994.

LaDainian Tomlinson could return for San Diego this week, but has never run well against the Steelers. And, in fact, the Steelers may have less of a problem stopping Tomlinson than they would have had with Darren Sproles.

Don't get me wrong, Sproles wasn't going to hurt the Steelers running the ball, but he's dynamite on screens. And if Tomlinson plays on first and second down before giving way to Sproles, it takes some of the element of surprise away.

The Chargers are also not a dink-and-dunk team. Phillip Rivers is going to drop back and chuck the ball. San Diego has an X-factor in tight end Antonio Gates, but I would expect Lawrence Timmons to draw Gates in coverage a lot. He can run with the big man and also give him a physical matchup as well.

Both teams have struggled scoring touchdowns in the red zone and the winner will be the team that at least partially solves some of those woes.

I like Pittsburgh to be that team at home, winning, 27-20.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 1:28 PM 12 comments

markymarc
10-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Dale picked us last week too. Let's hope he is right for the Chargers game :tt02: