PDA

View Full Version : Frozen head used as baseball

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-02-2009, 07:30 PM
and the head allegedly belonged to Ted Williams. If this is true it is sick.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/33134421/ns/sports-baseball/

NEW YORK - The New York Daily News is reporting that Red Sox Hall of Famer Ted Williams’ severed head was mistreated at an Arizona cryonics facility, according to details from a new book.

In “Frozen,” Larry Johnson, a former executive at the Alcor Life Extension Foundation in Scottsdale, Ariz., writes that Williams’ head, which had been severed and frozen for storage, was abused at the facility. Johnson claims a technician took baseball-like swings at Williams’ frozen head with a monkey wrench.

Williams, the last player to hit over .400 in a season, died in 2002 at age 83 and had his remains sent to Alcor for cryogenic storage in the hope that future generations would develop the technology to revive him.

Johnson writes that technicians with no medical certification photographed and used crude equipment to decapitate Williams.

Williams' severed head was then frozen, and even used for batting practice by a technician trying to dislodge it from a tuna fish can.

Johnson told the Daily News that he wired himself with an audio recorder for his last three months at Alcor, stole internal records and took gruesome photographs that are reproduced in the book.

The Patriot
10-02-2009, 07:33 PM
:toofunny:

Because all the normal kids from high school get into the frozen head business.

tony hipchest
10-02-2009, 07:52 PM
im usually pretty good w/ reading comprehension. but this one has me :huh:-

Williams' severed head was then frozen, and even used for batting practice by a technician trying to dislodge it from a tuna fish can.

they froze his head in a freaking tuna fish can?

hilarious.

Johnson writes that technicians with no medical certification photographed and used crude equipment to decapitate Williams.

yeah, you dont need 8 years of medical school to figure out new and creative ways to sever a head from a body. hicks in texas use a rope and a pick up truck.

in prosection class, we used a dremmel tool to carve a notch a hammer and chisel to perfectly crack open the skullcap and remove a perfecly intact brain from its cavity.

i dont know how you can stuff it into a tuna can w/o a blender or smoothie machine, though. :yummy:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-02-2009, 07:56 PM
im usually pretty good w/ reading comprehension. but this one has me :huh:-

they froze his head in a freaking tuna fish can?

maybe they used the tuna fish can like a golf tee and the weight of the head caused it to stick in the tuna fish can...

a tuna fish can = a golf tee for a frozen head... :chuckle:

tony hipchest
10-02-2009, 08:25 PM
maybe they used the tuna fish can like a golf tee and the weight of the head caused it to stick in the tuna fish can...

a tuna fish can = a golf tee for a frozen head... :chuckle:

now THAT makes sense. :laughing:

like in tee-ball!